• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Friday Sale: Top Picks for Hourly Specials at theLightbulb

In summary, the person is having a Black Friday sale and asked their contacts for suggestions on products to offer at a discount. They received quick responses and will be sending out a flier with the chosen sale items on the 15th. The conversation also includes details about the sale, such as the discounts offered and deadlines for orders.
Brandi2007
I am having a Black Friday sale and for the last two weeks I have been torturing my brain as to what to do for hourly specials. So this morning it dawned on me.... WHY NOT ASK WHAT GUESTS WOULD LIKE TO SEE ON SALE!? So I have just sent out an email to all of my contacts asking for the top two products they would like to see offered at a discount. I am excited to see what kind of turn out I will get!

Great idea! I can't wait to hear what kind of response you get!

That's a great idea!

That is a great idea!! Way to go Brandi!! With all these great ideas, I'm sure you'll be tops again this month!!

Right beside you Sarah my star!

So I literally sent the email, came here to post this thread and when I finished checked my email again... (yes I know, I am a very impatient person!)... AND........... 5 responses already! 3 would like the SS mixing bowl set (no surprise) then I have smaller items like the pastry mat, garlic press, chopper, rice cooker, splatter screen. This will help me BIG TIME!

Wow, quick response time! I've been thinking of doing a Friday sale or something this month; I really need it!

Brandi2007 said:
Right beside you Sarah my star!

So I literally sent the email, came here to post this thread and when I finished checked my email again... (yes I know, I am a very impatient person!)... AND........... 5 responses already! 3 would like the SS mixing bowl set (no surprise) then I have smaller items like the pastry mat, garlic press, chopper, rice cooker, splatter screen. This will help me BIG TIME!

Darn, I thought you were talking about me at first!:D

Can you post what you said in your email?

sfdavis918 said:
Darn, I thought you were talking about me at first!:D

Can you post what you said in your email?

You can be my star too!!!!

This is what I wrote, I kept it simple because I know all of them pretty well...

I was hoping you might participate in a survey for me. I would love to hear your opinion! It will only take a minute! Thank you in advance for your help! Who knows maybe it will come true!

If you could choose any two Pampered Chef products to go on sale what would they be?

So what are you going to offer them? 20% off Stainless Mixing bowls? A straight $10 off?? What?!!?? I need to know! LOL!!

I don't know yet! That is the main reason I asked everyone. I am sending the flier out on the 15th so I will obviously know by then... I will be sure to let you know what I came up with!

Do share with us!;)

I'm new to the forum, but since I'm doing a Black Friday sale, I figured this would be a good time to jump in :)Here's the message I'll be sending out to my customers: Happy Holidays
Don’t miss the Black Friday Shopping Sale!!!!
Black Friday is this Friday, November 25th.
Call or email between 7am and 9am and receive a 20% discount
Call or email between 9am and 11am and receive a 15% discount
Call or email between 11am and 3pm and receive a 10% discount

If I do not get to your call, please leave a detailed message. My voicemail will timestamp what time you called, so I will know what discount to apply to your order. If you would like direct shipping (costs a little extra), please indicate that in your message. I can ship anywhere in the US and guarantee Christmas delivery. I can take Visa, MC, Discover, American Express (best) check or cash for your payment. Don’t forget to leave your phone number so I can return your call and give you a total!
Cannot make the Black Friday sale, our last date for orders to receive shipping in time for Christmas is December 14th, so please have all orders and payment to me by December 13th to ensure processing. Last minute gift ideas? Call me after the cut-off date, orders often do arrive in time even after the cut-off date! Tina

good idea
TinaSizzles said:
I'm new to the forum, but since I'm doing a Black Friday sale, I figured this would be a good time to jump in :)

Here's the message I'll be sending out to my customers:

Happy Holidays
Don’t miss the Black Friday Shopping Sale!!!!
Black Friday is this Friday, November 25th.
Call or email between 7am and 9am and receive a 20% discount
Call or email between 9am and 11am and receive a 15% discount
Call or email between 11am and 3pm and receive a 10% discount

If I do not get to your call, please leave a detailed message. My voicemail will timestamp what time you called, so I will know what discount to apply to your order. If you would like direct shipping (costs a little extra), please indicate that in your message. I can ship anywhere in the US and guarantee Christmas delivery. I can take Visa, MC, Discover, American Express (best) check or cash for your payment. Don’t forget to leave your phone number so I can return your call and give you a total!
Cannot make the Black Friday sale, our last date for orders to receive shipping in time for Christmas is December 14th, so please have all orders and payment to me by December 13th to ensure processing. Last minute gift ideas? Call me after the cut-off date, orders often do arrive in time even after the cut-off date!

Tina

What a great idea! I would love to do this but I have to work my 8-5 that day! So don't know how I will work it!

I'd love to do this too, I am thinking it would be best to do it in the evening instead of the am. I just am not sure how to advertise it. Just email? Would you mail a postcard to past customers?

Wow! What a great idea! This is definitely something worth considering!!

Thanks for sharing...........

I am going to make up some sort of flier advertising hourly specials from 7 am through 9 pm. I will be creating some of my specials according to what my customers have requested they would like to see at a discount. I have sent out "save the date" information already and also talked about it at my shows for the last month. I had guests fill out wish lists for their husband, aunt, sister, whoever they chose. That "wish list game" that I played has extended my contact list for this sale. I will be mailing the flier out alone to my own personal contacts and I'm sending the wish list with the flier to the contacts that my guests and hosts have given to me. These will all be mailed out on the 15th so that they have time to request a catalog if needed.

I took the day off for this also. I always shop before dawn on this day anyway so I will be home.

PCSarahjm said:
What a great idea! I would love to do this but I have to work my 8-5 that day! So don't know how I will work it!

Make it a voicemail/email sale. Use the time stamp on both to let you know when they contacted you and what special they get. Let them know you will contact them back after 5pm that day to finalize the orders. Hopefully, if you get a good response, you can double your earnings that day! Yeehaw!!

I've done Black Fridays in the past. Here's my suggestions from experience.

Offer it BEFORE Black Friday ~ my most successful Black Friday sale happenend on the Mon & Tues (yes, I did 2 days) BEFORE Thanksgiving.

If you're going to make this successful, you've got to get on the phone to EVERYONE you email it to remind them ~ they WILL forget!

If sales are not what you want them to be ~ I've offered an "oh, shoot, I forgot!" sale (less discounts, but still got something) on the Monday AFTER Black Friday. I do NOT do this every year ~ so they have no idea if I'm going to or not...keep them on their toes.

This is a WONDERFUL idea that I will be using!

My family is BIG on Black Friday deals and we trek to the stores in the wee hours of the morning to stand in line for hours to guarantee we get what we want. Of course, we go for the bigger ticket items like laptops, computer components, certain DVD players, TVs, etc. Most stores use a voucher system, so you're assured you'll get the product from behind the counter (unlike some stores where it's a free-for-all in the aisles), so getting there asap is a MUST. (Yes, people do start getting in line right after dinner on Thurs :confused:) For us, it's become a family tradition (of course depending on what deals are out there and what the need/want is that year).

I'm definitely going to have it a voice mail/e-mail sale and have people contact me that way, considering I'll be in line until stores open, then crash for a power nap about 9/10am. I'm not even going to bother with answering the phone, and just collect all the orders and then contact people afterwards with their totals later in the day. I like the idea of the "oh shoot, I forgot" sale! I may use that, too.

Thanks for the ideas!
~Vicks

I only have word pad here at home no Microsoft at the moment so I can't post the flier but here are the specials that I have worked up... Mind you I plan to make nothing for this sale... it is purely customer appreciation and will also help me out for the NOV SAT.

HOURLY SPECIALS
8-9 am: Early Bird special! Lifetime Guaranteed Roasting Pan with Rack #2872 ONLY $115.00 or $100.00 with past host discount! Save $30- $45! WOW!

9-10 am: Food Chopper ONLY $23.00. PLUS 10% off the rest of your order!

10-11 am: Time to Bake! Free Small Batter Bowl to the first caller! All this hour buy the 2 qt. Classic Batter Bowl and receive the 1qt small batter bowl at 50% off! Save $5.50!

11-12 am: Make it Easy! Purchase the Garlic Press for just $11.00! Save $4.75 PLUS.... Free shipping on every order over $20.00!

12-1 pm: YOU ASKED FOR IT! It came true! This hour only you can buy the Stainless Steel mixing bowl set for $54.50! SAVE 20 BUCKS! (past host discount not applicable.)

1-2 pm: Cut up the prices! Color Coated Knives are buy 1 get 1 half-off! PLUS... All Lifetime guaranteed Forged Cutlery 10% off! (20% to past hosts!)

2-3 pm: SWEET TAX FREE ZONE! pay nothing in taxes AND receive a free sweet cinnamon or caramel sprinkle with every order!

3-4 pm: Stocking Stuffer Hour!! Get $10.00 off every $40.00 order!

4-5 pm: Feeling Lucky? Every order 20% off, (30% for past hosts) ALL orders this hour will be entered in a drawing for a FREE small bar pan!

5-6 pm: Thinking of Entertaining? Select Simple Additions peices 30% off! (40% for past hosts!)

6-7 pm: Men's Hour! Men, place your orders this hour and recieve a free BBQ Basting bottle for YOU! $14.00 value! ($20.00 min purchase)

7-8 pm: Gift Certificate Time! Let your friends and family choose their own gifts! Extra $5.00 added onto every gift certificate of $20.00 or more!

8-9 pm: WRAP IT UP! LAST HOUR! CHOOSE ANY ONE OFFER! HURRY SALE ENDS AT 9 PM SHARP!

Wow! I am really excited about this. I hope I get a good turn out! I would even buy from me! LOL

I am really looking forward to doing this!! For the person who make phone calls reminding customers about this sale, how far in advance do you make the reminder phone calls? If you do an early Black Friday sale, would you call this weekend before? Then, what time of day do you call? (I would personally love to get the persons voicemail or answering machine so I can make all the calls faster!!)

OMG, Brandi! You ROCK!!! That is so awesome! I want to buy from you too, but I can't decide what special I want! LOL

Good luck and make sure to let us know how you did!!

Great ideas & specials Brandi!! Good luck~let us know how it goes!!

Thanks girls! I figure if I send the flier in the mail on the 15th it will arrive over the weekend when everyone is looking at Black Friday fliers anyway. My hopes are that it will be planned into their day... if they are a shop-a-holic like I am their entire day on November 23rd will be scheduled by hourly sales! LOL

I'm really looking forward to this year's Black Friday sales! Thanks for all the great ideas! Hopefully this will kick-start the holiday shopping season!

Related to Black Friday Sale: Top Picks for Hourly Specials at theLightbulb

What is "theLightbulb Just Came on"?

"theLightbulb Just Came on" is a versatile kitchen tool from Pampered Chef that can be used for slicing, dicing, and grating a variety of ingredients.

What makes "theLightbulb Just Came on" different from other kitchen tools?

One of the unique features of "theLightbulb Just Came on" is its adjustable slicing blade, which allows you to customize the thickness of your slices. It also has a comfortable handle and a non-slip base for safe and easy use.

Can "theLightbulb Just Came on" be used for both fruits and vegetables?

Yes, "theLightbulb Just Came on" can be used for both fruits and vegetables. It is especially useful for slicing softer fruits and vegetables, such as tomatoes or avocados, without squishing them.

Is "theLightbulb Just Came on" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "theLightbulb Just Came on" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the blade to ensure it stays sharp and in good condition for longer.

Does "theLightbulb Just Came on" come with any recipes or instructions?

Yes, "theLightbulb Just Came on" comes with a recipe booklet and instructions for use. You can also find additional recipes and tips on our website or through your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chickey
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • confusedturtle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire