• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Bean Wrap - Recipe Discrepancy

In summary, the recipe on the main page (Power Cooking Chicken) calls for 1/2 cup of water, but the recipe summary (linked on the right hand side of the Power Cooking Chicken page) says to use 1 1/2 cups of water.
bridgetbakes
I need to make the Power Cooking Black Bean Wraps tonight and am confused. The recipe for it listed on the Power Cooking Chicken "main page" differs from what is listed on the "Recipe Summary"

On the main page it says 1/2 cup water. On the recipe summary it says 1 1/2 cups of water. What is the real deal? HELP!

Anyone? I need to make this in 2 hours! HELP!

I just did this recipe a week or so ago. I'm thinking that I used 1/2 cup. 1 1/2 seems like way too much...

I am looking at both now and it is REALLY confusing.

The main recipe does not mention adding any water to the freezer bag, but the summary does.

I would almost be tempted to use the main recipe and not the summary. But I can't say for sure, as I have never made these.

Search in the threads and see if anyone mentioned this when the recipes first came out.

Last edited:
Where are you seeing a "main" and a "summary"?

I went to cc, then "theme shows", then "power cooking chicken", then "smoky black bean and chicken wraps".

There, it says add 1/2 cup if using frozen mixes, but if preparing straight away omit the water...

AnnieBee said:
Where are you seeing a "main" and a "summary"?I went to cc, then "theme shows", then "power cooking chicken", then "smoky black bean and chicken wraps".

There, it says add 1/2 cup if using frozen mixes, but if preparing straight away omit the water...

If you go to Power Cooking Chicken, there are pictures of each recipe and the link above each picture for the recipe. The recipe here differs from the "Recipe Summary" which is linked on the upper right hand side of the Power Cooking Chicken page.

Aha! I'd never noticed the summary before - that's handy!

Anyway, I'd still say use 1/2 cup, I think 1 1/2 would make it soupy!

We've made this several times... I think we use 1/2 cup water at the most... It just depends on whether it looks like it needs it while we are cooking! :)

Thanks everyone. We made it with 1/2 cup of water and it was perfect! YUM!

1. Why does the recipe for the black bean wrap on the Pampered Chef website differ from the recipe on the product packaging?

There may be slight variations in the recipe on our website and the one on the product packaging due to updates and improvements we make to our recipes. Our website always reflects the most current and accurate version of our recipes.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in the black bean wrap recipe?

While we always recommend following our recipes as closely as possible for the best results, you can certainly make substitutions to suit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. Just be aware that this may alter the taste and texture of the final dish.

3. Is there a way to make the black bean wrap recipe vegetarian or vegan?

Yes, you can easily make this recipe vegetarian by omitting the chicken or replacing it with a meatless alternative. To make it vegan, you can also use a dairy-free cheese and egg-free tortillas.

4. Can I prepare the black bean wrap recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the filling and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. You can also assemble the wraps and store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours before serving. Just be sure to keep the tortillas separate from the filling until ready to eat.

5. Can I freeze the black bean wrap recipe?

Yes, you can freeze the wraps by wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and then placing them in a freezer-safe bag or container. They will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer. When ready to eat, thaw them in the fridge overnight and then reheat in the microwave or oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies