• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biggest Loser Tv Show - Current Season

In summary, Tara and Sione are my favorite contestants on the show. The young kid who was the heaviest contestant they've ever had is also a favorite. I missed the show because I was busy tonight, but I plan on catching up on it later.
Looking at Tara and Helen- Tara's loss looks better. she's more toned and not 'flappy' in spots - least the spots we can see. :D Could be because Tara's younger I suppose. But wouldn't it be funny if the older folks on the ranch win it all?!

Your skin bounces back so much better when you're younger. It would be funny to see the oldest ones win it all, but I'd still rather see Tara win. That girl gave it all from about the second week. It took until then for things to click with her, but once they did she kicked everyone's tush.

I think this is going to be the tightest race to the finish ever!

All three of them look amazing. Although, I agree that Helen needs a better hairstyle. (and better color job!)

raebates said:
Your skin bounces back so much better when you're younger. It would be funny to see the oldest ones win it all, but I'd still rather see Tara win. That girl gave it all from about the second week. It took until then for things to click with her, but once they did she kicked everyone's tush.

Just watching the flashbacks of her story - seeing her win all of those challenges, working so hard. I know they all worked hard, but she really did work the hardest of anyone!

Wasn't it Amanda that someone was posting for on here?

I think so. I hope so. That's cool.

I want to be that tiny! (Helen)

Yes- Amanda was the one someone requested from here. It's cool that she made it.

Skinny's good. Healthy's better. Not that I'm saying Helen's not healthy. I just know that for me it's a matter of making sure I exercise and make good food choices. If I'm never a size 5 again (like I was in high school, though The Furry Guy looks at pictures of me then and says I was waaaaaay too skinny), it's okay. I just want to make sure my medical test numbers are good, and I have the energy and stamina to do the things I want to do.

He didn't beat Helen, but WOW!

Man, for 1/4 mill, I'd have cut my hair and wouldn't be wearing that extra jewelry :D
With these finalists...they are just too close

I think one of the things I've responded to with Tara is her enthusiasm. She was so often off-the-charts excited.

Looking at how skinny Helen is, I'm afraid she's won. Rats.

NO WAY! I cannot believe it!

The look on Tara's face --poor thing! She worked SO HARD! (course, they ALL DID)

Dang. Well, at least Tara knows she holds several records. I really think she's made a life-long change. I'm frankly not so sure about Helen. I hope she has, too, though.

So, for those of us that were in class tonight, who won???? Was it Helen?I was hoping for Tara...she kicked butt and took names! ;)

janetupnorth said:
So, for those of us that were in class tonight, who won???? Was it Helen?

I was hoping for Tara...she kicked butt and took names! ;)

Yes - it was Helen. She was, IMO, even too skinny. Tara looked healthier.

Helen weighed in at 117 lbs! Yes, she almost looked unhealthy to me too.

Tara looked great at the last week...Helen was starting to look frail to me. There comes a point like Rae said when it's about HEALTHY not weight. There is a person in my dept. that is 100 lbs. soaking wet with clothes on. If I weighed 100 lbs., I'd look anorexic! If Tara looked anything like her last week, she's got it all under control. I hope she enjoys her new life to the fullest. So who was the 3rd contestant...Mike or Ron?

janetupnorth said:
Tara looked great at the last week...Helen was starting to look frail to me. There comes a point like Rae said when it's about HEALTHY not weight. There is a person in my dept. that is 100 lbs. soaking wet with clothes on. If I weighed 100 lbs., I'd look anorexic!

If Tara looked anything like her last week, she's got it all under control. I hope she enjoys her new life to the fullest.

So who was the 3rd contestant...Mike or Ron?

Mike - and he also looked amazing...and Jerry (the old guy) won the At-Home Contestants Weigh-In! He lost over 49% of his body weight!

(esavvymom has all the stats in the thread, so you can go back and read them!)

Here were the final 3 results: *sorry- I didn't post them earlier.*
Helen, 257 lbs, now 117 lbs, -140 lbs, 54.47%
Mike, 388 lbs, now 181 lbs, -207 lbs, 53.35%
Tara, 294 lbs, now 139, -155 lbs, 52.72%Helen won.

I think Helen lost too much! She looks awful and her face is drawn! I thought Jerry had over 50% because he lost 177 pounds... He didn't seem all there sometimes tonight. He looked a little disoriented at times... I was surprised Joella showed up but she does seem like she has a better attitude!

So very annoyed............I just finished watching my tape - I had a cluster meeting tonight and I must admit that I had to stop and consider which I was willing to miss, but thank God for my VCR (I know....I don't have DVR but whatever) I got to see it and just finished.............again, I'm so annoyed. 117lbs? Really? She was too skinny. Jerry cracks me up. He reminds me of someone that I know but I can't think of who to save my life. It'll come to me.............maybe sometime when it's not 3:30 in the morning.

I wanted Tara to win:cry: I thought Helen looked anorexic...a 48 yoa woman weighing 117 lbs is way to thin. Mike now looks his age, he looks great. Can't believe Jerry lost all that weight at his age...way to go! Some of the transformations were totally awesome.

I agree with all of you........Helen didn't look healthy at all.....and as much as I didn't want Tara to win......I REALLY didn't want Helen to win. I was rooting for Mike all the way (My daughter says "he's HOT". lol ), but if Mike couldn't win, I wanted Tara - anyone but Helen.

I have to say I felt sooo bad for Tara, because it looked like it really didn't hit her right away that she'd lost. You could almost here her saying to herself "I can't believe it".

I thought the way they had the girls for the new season "compete" for their spot was cruel. To bring them all that way......make them bust their butts on national TV, just to say "sorry, go home". Kinda mean if you ask me.

One of the best things about the show was that Tara seems to have finally gotten the whole thing about balance. That's huge.

I couldn't believe they held those 2 girls in a competition for a spot on the show. I wish they would somehow let both of them on. They were both young, both with self-esteem and confidence issues, both pretty girls, etc. I couldn't even decide who "should" get the spot. Cruel to bring them both on and work out during the show only to kick one off live in front of everyone.I was shocked at Helen's weight. It is kind of cool how 2 older people were the winners this year. That really will say something to America. I know my mom feels like she's too old to do exercises, so this really goes to show people that just because you're older doesn't mean it can't be done.I really wish Mike or Tara would've won. But they really are winners anyway...they look amazing and have changed so much (inside and out). At least Tara won tons of prizes during the show.

What bothers me about Helen winning is that I kept thinking about her daughter.....now, she did lose quite a bit of weight, but she still has a LONG way to go to be healthy.

Tara was just awesome. It really seemed like every pound she lost was replaced with confidence and strength. She was amazing!

Until last night I had forgotten Tara's reaction to her 21 lb loss at the initial weigh-in. She's been fun to watch from the beginning.

<H2>1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?</H2><p>The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.</p><H2>2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?</H2><p>The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".</p><H2>3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.</p><H2>4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?</H2><p>The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.</p><H2>5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.</p>

1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?

The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.

2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?

The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".

3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?

Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.

4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?

The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.

5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?

There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • Lisa/ChefBear