• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware of Misleading Fundraiser Ordering on Website

In summary, two of my guests have ordered thinking they were contributing to my Red Cross fundraiser and actually placed individual orders instead. PC won't let them cancel their orders or switch it over to the fundraiser (my friend tried calling to cancel). Now they are both a bit miffed (at PC, not me) because the fundraiser won't get PC's donation...which is the reason they bought the products in the first place. This is a lose-lose situation...the organization doesn't get the PC donation and these two customers are not likely to purchase from PC again.
ChefSandyK
Hi all...just wanted you to let people know to BE CAREFUL when placing fundraiser (or show, for that matter) orders on your website. Two of my guests have ordered thinking they were contributing to my Red Cross fundraiser and actually placed individual orders instead. (They found the wording on the site a bit misleading because they were not technically invited to a "show" so did not choose that option). Well, PC won't let them cancel their orders or switch it over to the fundraiser (my friend tried calling to cancel). Now they are both a bit miffed (at PC, not me) because the fundraiser won't get PC's donation...which is the reason they bought the products in the first place. This is a lose-lose situation...the organization doesn't get the PC donation and these two customers are not likely to purchase from PC again. :(

(For the record, I did explain the procedure in my email...I guess it's still a bit daunting for those not used to ordering over the web. I will still donate my commision toward the fundraiser...)

I'm really disappointed that PC would take this stance. :( Does anyone know who I should contact to let them know of the potential problems?

Thanks,
Sandy

New might helpI am so sorry to hear this happened, and more sorry that customers are a little teed off with PC b/c it is really such a good company.

Maybe the new way ( I think it was like this before) might help to preventing this from happening again.. where it says enter your host's name it also says or the organization's name. I never did a fundraiser, but I think they could have put Red Cross in that area, if you set it up like that.

Does anyone know for sure?? I guess I didn't help much :eek: !

The fundraiser is set up for them to put "American Red Cross" in the first box. And I have a blurb on the site and in my email about how to do it...but people were still confused. Maybe I am just thinking my explanation is easier than it really is because I am the one who wrote it. If anyone wants to go to the site and offer suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I really don't want this to happen to any more customers...

Thanks,
Sandy
www.pamperedchef.biz/chefsandyk

You might be able to cancel their orders with HO then have them submit them again, or offer to do it for them this time around.

I went to your site, and it makes perfect sense to me! I think you did a great job explaining. Maybe your two guests just didnt bother to read the part about the fund-raiser first? How did they find out about the fundraiser? Did you send out a flyer or contact them in some way....you may want to explain how the website works on this, so that before going to the website, they know what to do.

Use the News?Did you also put a News item on the web site providing clear instructions? I'm doing that with a couple of fundraisers now, and thankfully I haven't had this problem. But these are my first fundraisers, and it certainly could happen. I think you did exactly the right thing by donating your commission on those individual sales.

What is the "Beware of Misleading Fundraiser Ordering on Website" warning for?

The warning is to alert customers about potential false or misleading information on the Pampered Chef website regarding fundraiser orders.

What are some examples of misleading information on the website?

Examples include incorrect pricing or product descriptions, fake reviews, and deceptive sales tactics.

How can I ensure that my fundraiser order is legitimate?

You can verify the accuracy of the information on the website by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant or customer service representative. Additionally, make sure to read reviews from trusted sources before making a purchase.

What should I do if I come across misleading information on the website?

If you notice any false or deceptive information on the website, please report it to Pampered Chef immediately. You can also reach out to a consultant or customer service representative for further assistance.

Is Pampered Chef taking any actions to prevent misleading fundraiser ordering on the website?

Yes, Pampered Chef is taking steps to regularly monitor and update the website to ensure all information is accurate and truthful. The company also has strict policies in place to prevent any deceptive sales practices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • DuenFounnyHok
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies