• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprise Pre-Orders for HWC Fundraiser Raise $701.10 - More to Come!

That is a great suggestion! I will do that.POOP! I think I will cancel the fundraiser now.I think I will cancel the fundraiser now.
pampered1224
Silver Member
OMG! OMG! OMG! I just got a call from one of my best hosts! She started last week taking pre-orders for an HWC FUNDRAISER. $701.10!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she has most of the money too so we know the orders will hold!!!! She wants me to close that one and when, NOT IF, she gets more orders, I am to start a new Fundraiser!!!

Oh and as a matter of info, after I entered the orders, I checked for the HY64 - Apron for the host with a party over $550, it is NOT in P3 yet. I let tech support know!! She went nuts because she wanted the apron and the set of 8 martini glasses! I think she was surprised too!

That is a $267.28 in donations!

That deserves a giant.............WAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:sing:

Way to go! That is amazing!

John - you can't get the apron with fundraisers:(

pampered1224 said:
Oh and as a matter of info, after I entered the orders, I checked for the HY64 - Apron for the host with a party over $550, it is NOT in P3 yet. I let tech support know!! She went nuts because she wanted the apron and the set of 8 martini glasses! I think she was surprised too!

FYI, this was in another thread... The small print on the Host Special Flyer for May says the apron is only available to Cooking, Catalog and Bridal Shower hosts.

I personally think we should ALL call HO and let them know this is not fair, as raising money for HWC is the whole point of the campaign, and I would think HWC hosts would be most interested in the apron.

POOP! She really wanted one too! Well, I will see what I can do as she only does fundraisers for HWC. She does not see the point of a cooking show and no donation except the buck. That is dumb on PCs part! The incentive should be on the donation amount being high! If I change it to a regular party, it becomes only a $92 donation!

Did you earn the apron yourself?

Yes, but I really want it too. I did it again though. I rocked the boat. Here is what I sent to HO.

Help Whip Cancer. I want to make a suggestion. I have several people who ONLY do fundraising events in May. I mean the point is to raise money for Breast Cancer. Not to get our hosts stuff. I had a lady call me this morning. She has been taking pre-orders since last week so we can turn in a fundraiser on May 1. Now, she is sitting at $701. With the 92 pink products she sold, that is a little over $267 in donations. Here is what I found so disappointing. She really wanted the apron and I found that they can not get it free on a fundraiser. So here is the point: I turn in the fundraiser and we get $267 or I DO NOT DISAPPOINT HER AND GET HER THE APRON and turn it in as a cooking show and we get $92. You do the math! We will loose $175. The problem is, it is her choice. Can you not change that? I mean these people are working their you know whats off and we can not even give them an apron? Please, please, please rethink this. Thank you.

John, I'm confused. How are you submitting this show now, when none of the products are available until May 1?

I do completely agree about making the apron available for fundraisers, though! If someone is willing to give up the host benefits in order to raise money for a good cause, they should be rewarded, not slighted!

John will submit the show May 1.

May 1 yes! And I agree that our fundraiser chair persons should not get slighted. In fact, I think they work harder at it than our regular hosts. So I do not find it fair in anyway that they should not get the same free item. I am not asking them to give anyone the regular host benefits, I just can not see not giving them and apron. So we will see what happens.

pampered1224 said:
May 1 yes! And I agree that our fundraiser chair persons should not get slighted. In fact, I think they work harder at it than our regular hosts. So I do not find it fair in anyway that they should not get the same free item. I am not asking them to give anyone the regular host benefits, I just can not see not giving them and apron. So we will see what happens.

If HO decides not to (and they probably will), maybe you could just $150 in orders and submit it as a regular show. That way you aren't giving up too much for the fundraiser but she could get the apron also.

wadesgirl said:
If HO decides not to (and they probably will), maybe you could just $150 in orders and submit it as a regular show. That way you aren't giving up too much for the fundraiser but she could get the apron also.

Unfortunately you have to have $550 in sales to get the apron!

Gina M said:
Unfortunately you have to have $550 in sales to get the apron!

Crap forgot about that too!

I didn't. I thought about that too. Well, we will see. I may be able to figure out something else. Or maybe she would be understanding enough to let it go. I have a feeling she will but I wish we could do at least that. They give up so much to do these as it is that I feel really like we are penalizing our really gracious people for doing a really awesome thing.

If you earn the apron, is it one you want/plan to keep? I know some of the guys are like "uh..yeah, RIGHT!" If you weren't, and you earn it, maybe you could give it to her?On a side note:
That is pretty lame though that the Fundraiser Hosts don't get the full Monthly Host Specials. It shouldn't matter if it's HWC or not. If that's the one and only benefit the organizer gets- make it the full 100% Host Special! Seriously...the HWC apron of all things too?

pampered1224 said:
I didn't. I thought about that too. Well, we will see. I may be able to figure out something else. Or maybe she would be understanding enough to let it go. I have a feeling she will but I wish we could do at least that. They give up so much to do these as it is that I feel really like we are penalizing our really gracious people for doing a really awesome thing.

Maybe there's someone on your team who would be willing to sell/give/trade their apron with you if you can't figure out anything else.

If she is one of your best hosts around I would put it in as a regular show so she can get the apron. You can make a donation from your commission of the 15% so HWC still wins. It could be your personal thank you for being a VIP host. You could also then use the free product that she earns to pick up some more items that you could donate for an auction etc.

Sometimes the sacrifice is for the greater good. :)

John..you can have my apron if you can't get another one. Us boys have to stick together!

That's nice of you Keith. I'm waiting to see what mine looks like .. I have a feeling I"ll be offering it up, also :)

Good - now I don't have to be gallant and offer mine :)

Good point though that sometimes the rules are wierd to the detriment of our hosts. I neglected to enter a booking before I submitted a show. I called within 24 hours and was told they could not add a booking. They can add products, host specials...but not bookings! Once again, not thinking about the hosts.

Oh well...

Keith and Dave you are so awesome! The thing is I am going to earn one but now I am wondering if I really will want to keep it! Maybe she will at least let me use it in May! I won't be cooking at all so it won't get to dirty! Besides, I promised Jane I would at least take a picture with me wearing it!
If I could just get through the internet I'd hug you both!

Great job John! You've already met the goal of $200 in HWC donations! Keep up the great work.

Well last night we had our training meeting. We all signed a pledge sheet that came through somewhere to sell as much as needed to hit at least $200 in donations. I signed the one that said more than $200 and my goal is $1500. That is higher than last years so... I also had a wonderful person ask me my tricks. I only have one. I have reasons to do this. Here is what I sent back. Maybe this will help motivate some of you and give you something to concentrate on.
"I have to admit that this is year number 10 for me doing HWC. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE who knows me knows how much I put into this cause. I did not do anywhere near as much as I have for the last 4 years. It really hit home for me in 2005 when I got a chance to reflect on the death of a dear friend to cancer. It was then that I realized, I already had 13 reasons to HWC. I now have 18 reasons to HWC. Each reason stands for a friend or relative that has had breast cancer. Luckily because of research, 15 are survivors. And each of my really good chair people has at least one reason as well. I tell my story every year. It resonates to others who can also relate. And it simply motivates. Find your reasons, even if it is just you. You are important enough to be a reason to HWC. NEVER become complacent thinking it will never happen to you. I lost one friend to stage 4 breast cancer because she really did believe it could never happen to her. She never went in for those mammograms. By the time she really felt bad, it was too late. Sorry I sound like an ad! There is always one good reason to put money, time or efforts toward breast cancer anything! YOU! So choose your reason(s) and fight for it!"
I started to cry about half way through typing this. There was no reason she had to loose her life. Not with a 98% survival rate. That is my motivation. Since then, I have added some pretty amazing people to my list. I have one friend who became a reason when she discovered that she, due to family history, had a 90% chance of getting breast cancer herself. She VOLUNTARILY under went a double mastectomy! Not because she had breast cancer but because the odds were stacked against her! Brave and whole heatedly unselfish. Why? Because she has a family of her own and never wanted them to have to go through what their cousins went through with her sister. Like I said, some pretty amazing people! And Sue thank you too for even consider giving up yours! HUG!

John, HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!! Your story is so awesome and I would love your permission to post this on the ACS web site (I work at the home office in Atlanta). Just let me know if you are ok with that and I will have someone contact you to get your "official approval."

I had a co-worker who was diagnosed with stage II breast cancer last year and she was amazing to me. She fought her cancer with such dignity and grace.......Then, all the ACS does came right to my front door in January when my sister told me she thought my aunt had cancer. She didn't have insurance because her employer would not give her enough hours for her to be considered full time to get the company benefits, so she hadn't gotten a mammogram. I called the ACS 1-800 number and they gave me step-by-step instructions on how to get her help in her state. In February, she was diagnosed with stage II breast cancer.....and she had her lump for 2 YEARS!!!! I was amazed it was only stage II. She has done 3 rounds of chemo and her progress has totally amazed me! She is TRULY my hero and inspiration.

I TOTALLY agree with what you said about how people should choose a reason and join this fight. 1 in 3....1 in 3 women will get cancer in their lifetime. I joined PC from the HWC fundraiser done at the ACS home office last year.....I feel like my contribution at work and what I can do with PC helped my co-worker and my aunt. Hopefully, it helps someone else too!

Well, I feel kinda funny saying yes, but if it motivates others, OK. People gotta understand that this is not just for women to worry about. It is for anyone who cares about anyone, even themselves. So yes, you may. And so cool that she got the help she needed! See it works! When everyone helps the fight, everyone wins. No one is left out in the cold. And they never should be.

Well, I got an update on the apron e-mail. I did NOT get a straight out no. It is being forwarded to the proper department at least. So...

Last edited:
Any updates yet regarding aprons for HWC fundraising hosts who go that extra mile?

I noticed when the flyer originally came out that fundraiser shows didn't qualify for that part of the promo and remember taking to my hubby about it... NOT COOL! You've already stated why, no need to repeat... Fundraiser Hosts deserve them!

I was looking at CC and I read it in two places on the HWC page that the hosts for the fundraiser shows are not eligible for the aprons. It seems they are using it as an incentive for people to host regular shows......but if May is about giving to the HWC program, I am a little confused at the message that conveys.

tys1031 said:
It seems they are using it as an incentive for people to host regular shows......but if May is about giving to the HWC program, I am a little confused at the message that conveys.

Another example of that left hand/right hand thing I've been spewing.

Way to go on the progress already! That is definitely a great start!Did Corporate question why you would do it as a Cooking vs. Catalog show? If you didn't actually cook, they will probably mention that it should be a Fundraiser or Catalog. ;)What's your commission level? Could you just put it in as a Catalog Show so that the "host" (you or her) would qualify for the apron & then donate your commission directly? With a $700 show you are looking at $140 minimum (at 20%). ;)Susan: Ask permission from a current host first, then put the past host in as a co-host on a current show (no benefits) and re-enter her guest with a booking & no purchases. Your past host will then have the booking benefit of her guest. ;)

I still have heard nothing regarding this. The line I put in about them working harder than most cooking show hosts as well as the monetary differences int he funds raised should be weapon enough. I talked to my host and she is OK with waiting on an apron. I will be giving her mine at the end of the month so...

That's very sweet of you! :D

Thanks and well worth it. And it was not so selfless though, my host is my SIL! So to keep peace, I asked Susan about hers as she placed it on the Market place this morning! SO...

1. What is the HWC Fundraiser and how does it work?

The HWC Fundraiser is a program offered by Pampered Chef where hosts can raise money for a cause or organization of their choice by hosting a Pampered Chef party. The host can take pre-orders from their friends and family, and a portion of the sales will be donated to the chosen cause.

2. How much money was raised in this particular fundraiser?

In this fundraiser, $701.10 was raised through pre-orders. This is an incredible amount and shows the generosity and support of the host's friends and family.

3. Will there be more orders and fundraisers in the future?

Yes, the host is planning to continue fundraising and has asked for a new fundraiser to be started once the current one is closed. This shows the success and enthusiasm of the host and their supporters.

4. Is there a special incentive for hosts with parties over $550?

Yes, hosts with parties over $550 can earn a special apron and a set of 8 martini glasses as a thank you for their support and generosity. However, it may not be available in the current Pampered Chef catalog yet, so it's important to check with tech support for the latest information.

5. How much of the sales goes towards donations in the HWC Fundraiser?

A portion of the sales, in this case $267.28, will be donated towards the chosen cause or organization. This amount can vary depending on the total sales and the specific fundraiser, but it's a great way to support a good cause while also enjoying Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies