• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookbook+ Order Forms to Distribute

In summary, the conversation is about a PTO group wanting to raise money for a 5th grade camping trip. They need an order form to distribute to parents that includes a $10 price, $5 donation for each book, and $4 for shipping. The group also wants to allow online shopping and include out-of-town emails, but clarify that those orders will not include the $5 donation. There is a discussion about taking a class to improve skills in creating flyers and order forms. Some suggestions are to take a class at a local community college or bookstore, or to attend a seminar. There is also a conversation about adding sales tax to the order form and how to make it fit on one page. The conversation also briefly mentions using
its_me_susan
I have a PTO group that wants to raise $$ for their 5th grade, end-of year camping weekend. I need an order form that they can distribute to parents that says the $10 + $5 donation for each book + $4 shipping. The one below lists $10 price. Is there a new one?

I want it to welcome them to shop online, & to go ahead and enter fundraiser host page (with password) to add their out-of-town emails - - but mention that those orders will not include the $5 donation, but will add to the total amount that PC pays. Does that make sense?

Can you help? Please? What type of class would I need to take to be more skilled at creating flyers and order forms that everyone here is so talented in creating for us?

:)

I dont know if youve checked out the Cookbook Fundraiser Paperwork thread. could you use those???

On the Cookbook Fundraiser cheat sheet how are you coming up with the calculations of the donations. I am not coming up with what is on the cheat sheet. Please explain.

I was confused myself, but that may be because I have a different tax %, which is why I was hoping that someone with 7.75% could share their cheat sheet with me?

its_me_susan said:
What type of class would I need to take to be more skilled at creating flyers and order forms that everyone here is so talented in creating for us?

You could look at your local community college and take a class in word/publisher... There are also classes out there on how to do newsletters and other publications. I used to get flyers from those companies all the time about their classes and I did take a few when I was a secretary. They are usually available for $199 for a one day class. Which would be $99 put of pocket after you are reimbersed by PC from your education allowance as a director. Google Skillpath and there should be a class somewhere in your area.

Or go to a bookstore and pick up a book on what you want.

Actually the class is called: "HOW TO DESIGN ATTENTION-GRABBING BROCHURES, CATALOGS, ADS, NEWSLETTERS AND REPORTS" and is $149 but if you have a group of 4 going together (to the same class) it is $139. It's held from 9am-4pm.

SkillPath Seminars

If you put your zip code in it will tell you the classes coming up within 50 miles of you.

BethCooks4U said:
You could look at your local community college and take a class in word/publisher... There are also classes out there on how to do newsletters and other publications. I used to get flyers from those companies all the time about their classes and I did take a few when I was a secretary. They are usually available for $199 for a one day class. Which would be $99 put of pocket after you are reimbersed by PC from your education allowance as a director. Google Skillpath and there should be a class somewhere in your area.

Or go to a bookstore and pick up a book on what you want.

We have classes here offered by the town school system where adults can take a class at night one of the local schools. Everything from cooking, to tae bo, knitting and real estate classes. Maybe your town offers them...these classes tend to be very inexpensive as opposed to taking one at a college or seminar....just a thought

I still need to add up the "total" amount paid - - but I doctored this up and need to run. Will this work?

Last edited:
That looks good to me. Now to change it to 7.75% tax.....

Need HelpOk, here is what I have that I think will work - - can someone help me to get rid of my name at the very bottom and help me to get it fit in one page please? Feel free to use it too!

Last edited:
Cookbook Order FormSue
looks great.
I tweaked it a little
(for some reason the pics of the cookbooks aren't showing up when I open it but was pleasantly surprised when I printed it out initially.
I tweaked it a little...I'm not sure the graphics will show up here either.
karlene
I have a group who is wanting me to present it to an entire school district who wants to help out with a 5th grade boy who has leukemia. 3 elementaries, 1 middle school, 1 high school and 2 pre-schools all want to be involved.

Attachments

• order form newest].doc
    114 KB · Views: 372
karlene said:
Sue
looks great.
I tweaked it a little
(for some reason the pics of the cookbooks aren't showing up when I open it but was pleasantly surprised when I printed it out initially.
I tweaked it a little...I'm not sure the graphics will show up here either.
karlene
I have a group who is wanting me to present it to an entire school district who wants to help out with a 5th grade boy who has leukemia. 3 elementaries, 1 middle school, 1 high school and 2 pre-schools all want to be involved.

Karlene, if you change the "view" at the top of your menu bar, you can see them. That looks good. But still 2 pages? Thanks. :)

Susan, copy it into Excel and then set excel to print it as 1 page wide by 1 page long and see if that fixes your printing problems.

Tada!!!!My good friend Chef Darcy helped me with these ~ they are a revision to something I found here, that worked for my fundraiser and felt ok to me too! Tada!

I'm so excited now, I've emailed many of my good customers & past hosts, and PTO friends. The best thing about this fundraiser is the VERY low overhead (no catalogs!!!). Whoo hoo. Now if we can only get some good November (sale-a-thon) fundraisers booked from these...

Crossing my fingers to see if I get the school with 400 families...

Last edited:
On the order forms. The $5 donation is that in addition to PC 10-15%. This is my first fundraiser. I want to make sure I clearly understand the order form.

Ok so Im a little confused now!! (damn thought I fianlly had this fundraiser thing figured out!!!) Are you all offering the the cookbooks at $15 and THEN adding tax and shipping?

I decided to go with the fundraiser idea of cookbooks with charging 15.00 (explaining to them that the books are 10.00 and the organization is asking for a 5.00 donation...then I will charge 4.00 shipping and the tax for the order just like usual!!!! That way it keeps everything simple and I wont be crazy when I have to enter everything into the computer...I will also put on the form or the letter that if anyone else wants to order from the full catalog they can go to my website and have their order direct shipped to them...and the organzation will get the credit for the order....that way no one has to worry about sorting products...trust me, I did a 14,000 show/fundraiser with 4schools in May and we did a full catalog ordering... was very organzed and it ran smooh but a lot of work entering orders when customers wanted to combine orders and such

BethCooks4U said:
Actually the class is called: "HOW TO DESIGN ATTENTION-GRABBING BROCHURES, CATALOGS, ADS, NEWSLETTERS AND REPORTS" and is $149 but if you have a group of 4 going together (to the same class) it is $139. It's held from 9am-4pm.

SkillPath Seminars

If you put your zip code in it will tell you the classes coming up within 50 miles of you.

Thanks Beth! These would be perfect, ecept the only class is over an hour away. i'm going to keep my eyes open for the continuing education classes.

cpohlman said:
On the order forms. The $5 donation is that in addition to PC 10-15%. This is my first fundraiser. I want to make sure I clearly understand the order form.

Yes that's how I'm doing it. The checks go to pto. We will have them scan the order forms (some might not give the $5 per book, some will only give it once, etc) - it's their job to only pay me $10 each plus shipping and tax for each. MOST fundraisers are NOT like this by the way.

cookbook fundraiserHas anyone actually launched the cookbook fundraiser yet? Just wondering how it is going and if anyone found any helpful hints along the way. I am ready to launch one for a youth group..probably only about 25 people participating but then also keeping my fingers crossed that a large one through a school will take off here.
thanks in advance

karlene said:
Has anyone actually launched the cookbook fundraiser yet? Just wondering how it is going and if anyone found any helpful hints along the way. I am ready to launch one for a youth group..probably only about 25 people participating but then also keeping my fingers crossed that a large one through a school will take off here.
thanks in advance

Still waiting to hear on the elementary school fundraiser approval - the PTO person really wants it. 400 families. Not sure what to think. she thought she'd know last week.

Good luck to you!

cookbook fundraiserhere is what I am doing for the cookbook fundraiser
I am going to do a big kick off for this boy at one of the school gyms just so everyone can stop by and see the cookbooks and get it rolling. We are targeting the schools but others in the community are already saying they want to particpate. I will also have them placing orders via my website and explained that in the letter here. Going to seek out a printing company in the town to donate the printing costs. Will have the letter on one side, and the order form on the other...they will each get one copy of form and can make copies as needed...so everyone has 1 order form per customer. We're talking a possible 3 elementaries, 1 middle, 1 high and 2 pre-schools. Plus now the hair dresser of the mom wants to open up her shop and hold her own PC fundraiser for him...whooooohoooo
Let me know if you see changes I need to make or anything else that doesn't make sense....You may have to go to view in the tool bar and click on normal or print layout to see the actual order form in full view.
I know I still have to tweak some things on them both

Attachments

• davids letter.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 378
  • order form latest.doc
    111.5 KB · Views: 319
Sorry, I'm coming a little late to this post and have never done a fundraiser. On the $5 donation, how do you handle this when they are paying with a credit/debit card and ordering on the web site? I can see how you do this if paying by check because you give the $5 to the person/organization the fundraiser is for and pay Pampered Chef the rest, but what if they use the debit/credit card? Also, how do they do the $5 donation through the web site? Thanks!

Chefkimk said:
Sorry, I'm coming a little late to this post and have never done a fundraiser. On the $5 donation, how do you handle this when they are paying with a credit/debit card and ordering on the web site? I can see how you do this if paying by check because you give the $5 to the person/organization the fundraiser is for and pay Pampered Chef the rest, but what if they use the debit/credit card? Also, how do they do the $5 donation through the web site? Thanks!

checks, made out to the PTO, only. PTO will deduct the $5 each and write a check for the cost of the products.

But if they pay by credit/debit card, do they not do the donation or do you have to specify that that portion will have to be by check?

Chefkimk said:
But if they pay by credit/debit card, do they not do the donation or do you have to specify that that portion will have to be by check?

For this fundraiser, they want checks made out to pto only.

Just to make it more inviting, advise everyone to share an order form to save on shipping. I don't think anyone's worried about a warranty with a cookbook.
I'm going to purchase some Season's Best cookbooks myself for a fundraiser that I'm about to close. I'll take them around and resell them somewhere.

Bobby

Chef Bobby said:
Just to make it more inviting, advise everyone to share an order form to save on shipping. I don't think anyone's worried about a warranty with a cookbook.
I'm going to purchase some Season's Best cookbooks myself for a fundraiser that I'm about to close. I'll take them around and resell them somewhere.

Bobby

Good advice!

Chef Bobby said:

Bobby

Unfortunately, HO said we cannot let customers share orders to save on shipping. :( Remember that forever long cookbook fundraiser thread from earlier this summer? In a nutshell, we were going to have students take orders and combine orders in groups of 6-10 to save on shipping. A large number of us called in and emailed in to make sure we weren't breaking policy by encouraging this. HO wrote many of us back (they even called me back) reminding us that every customer must pay the $4 shipping individually and receive an official PC receipt for us to be following consultant policy. Regardless of whether they care to return them, as consultants we are required to provide the receipt. If we combine orders, PC is stuck with a larger than normal shipping bill. To encourage customers to combine orders would be a breech of fundraiser and other show guidelines.

I was surprised that they even included this information in one of the Weekly Bites after we all bombarded them with phone calls and emails on the subject. Did any one else see that?

I've been away from this cookbook thread for a while and have just kind of lurked here and there. I don't think I'll be doing this fundraiser. The group I was working with really wanted to, but they're going to try to do a not-so-complicated one instead. I really don't blame them.

1. How do I order cookbook and order forms to distribute?

To order cookbook and order forms to distribute, simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Order" tab. From there, you can select the desired cookbook and order forms and add them to your cart for purchase.

2. Can I customize the order forms with my contact information?

Yes, you can customize the order forms with your name, contact information, and any other details you would like to include. Simply click on the "Personalize" button next to the order forms you have selected and follow the prompts to add your information.

3. Do I have to pay for the order forms or are they included with the cookbook purchase?

The order forms are included with the purchase of the cookbook, but there may be a small fee for personalization. You can view the pricing for the order forms in the "Order" tab of your Pampered Chef account.

4. How many order forms are included with each cookbook?

The number of order forms included with each cookbook may vary. You can view the quantity of order forms included in the description of the cookbook in the "Order" tab of your Pampered Chef account.

5. Can I order more order forms if I run out?

Yes, you can order more order forms at any time by logging into your Pampered Chef account and selecting the desired quantity from the "Order" tab. You can also contact your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance with ordering more order forms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedEsther
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PamperedEsther