• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baked Beans From Scratch in the Dcb?

In summary, to make baked beans from scratch using the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker (DCB), preheat the oven to 375°F and mix together dried navy beans, onion, molasses, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and water in the DCB. Bake for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. You can also use canned beans and add meat for extra flavor. This recipe makes 8-10 servings and can be made in advance and reheated at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
redsoxgirl
I'm soaking some pinto beans to make home made baked beans for the first time. The recipe I have calls for a crock-pot but I was wondering if anyone has made baked beans from scratch in the DCB yet and had a recipe or tips or anything?

I have...but I honestly don't have any tips. I also don't have a recipe. I always make my baked beans with to taste - a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I use Great Northern Beans - I've never used pinto beans for baked beans, but I think beans are beans, pretty much.

Oh - the only tip I have is to bake them covered for a while, so they don't dry out.

I'm not sure how long I should cook them or if I should add any other ingredients.To make baked beans in the DCB, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Drain and rinse your soaked pinto beans and place them in the DCB. Add in 1/2 cup of chopped onion, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup of molasses, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of mustard powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix everything together until the beans are evenly coated.Cover the DCB with the lid and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 1 hour, then stir the beans and add in 1/4 cup of water if the beans seem dry. Return the DCB to the oven and bake for an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the beans are tender and the sauce has thickened.You can also add in any additional ingredients you like, such as diced bacon, diced ham, or diced bell peppers. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly. Enjoy your homemade baked beans straight from the DCB!

1. How do I make baked beans from scratch using the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

To make baked beans from scratch in the DCB, start by preheating the oven to 375°F. Next, mix together 2 cups dried navy beans, 1 diced onion, 1/2 cup molasses, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in the DCB. Add 4 cups of water and stir well. Place the lid on the DCB and bake for 2 hours or until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally.

2. Can I use canned beans for this recipe instead of dried beans?

Yes, you can substitute canned beans for the dried beans in this recipe. Simply drain and rinse 2 cans of navy beans and follow the same instructions for mixing and baking in the DCB. Keep in mind that the cooking time may be slightly shorter since the beans are already cooked.

3. Can I add meat to this recipe?

Yes, you can add meat to this recipe for extra flavor. Popular options include diced bacon or ham, ground beef, or sliced sausage. Simply add the meat to the DCB along with the other ingredients and bake as directed.

4. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 8-10 servings, depending on the portion size. If you need to feed a larger crowd, you can easily double the recipe and use a larger DCB or bake the beans in batches.

5. Can I make this recipe in advance and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make this recipe in advance and reheat it later. Simply let the beans cool completely before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat the beans in the DCB at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefshawna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • esavvymom