• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake Without Beans

In summary, if you don't want to add the chili powder, you can try using 1 lb ground beef and a can of chili without beans or corn.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
Has anyone tried this without the beans?? I said something about this to a host and she said that that would be fine without the beans..but I don't know how that will work..so I was thinking..

If I did 2 pounds of hamburger..a small can of sauce and add some chili powder..do you think that I could still do this recipe..she said that she does not like beans and she makes her chili without beans..I told her that I don't think that I could do this recipe then..but now I am thinking otherwise..

Any help with this would be great.

chefheidi2003 said:
Has anyone tried this without the beans?? I said something about this to a host and she said that that would be fine without the beans..but I don't know how that will work..so I was thinking..

If I did 2 pounds of hamburger..a small can of sauce and add some chili powder..do you think that I could still do this recipe..she said that she does not like beans and she makes her chili without beans..I told her that I don't think that I could do this recipe then..but now I am thinking otherwise..

Any help with this would be great.

I would do it with 1 lb ground beef and a can of chili without beans. You do not need to add the chili powder - it's plenty spicy without it.

BethCooks4U said:
I would do it with 1 lb ground beef and a can of chili without beans. You do not need to add the chili powder - it's plenty spicy without it.
OOH..I didn't even think about the chili without beans..thank you so much..the only reason I was thinking the chili powder is because the chili beans that I bought when I made it had chili powder in it..but if I do the chili without beans then that would work.

Thank you so much

BethCooks4U said:

Ahh...thanks for this tip. I HATE beans so was totally not interested in this recipe since I couldn't see doing it without the chili seasoning that comes in the beans (and I wasn't really interested in adding all the spices, etc to compensate).

And since I am not a bean person, chili is not on my list of items to eat - I NEVER realized that they sold chili without beans! Ha! Who would of thought!

So, thanks, I can try this recipe now!

Hi there, I'm fairly new to posting, but I just wanted to add in that neither my husband nor I like beans in our chili either. I recently made this recipe with some changes and it came out pretty well. I used a store bought packet of chili seasoning, 2 cans of tomato sauce, and 1 tbsp of our southwest seasoning mix when it called for the beans and sauces and whatnot. I have to say it came out quite well and my husband was very pleased! So maybe you could try that?

You can also try using corn instead of the beans or another veggie such as squash?

I made this last night (by the recipe) and it was suggested that corn would be a good addition. I plan to add it next time - and I'll also use a little less chipolte rub. It was just a bit too spicy for me.

BethCooks4U said:
I made this last night (by the recipe) and it was suggested that corn would be a good addition. I plan to add it next time - and I'll also use a little less chipolte rub. It was just a bit too spicy for me.

I added a cup of corn, and used 1/2 of the chipotle rub called for - that was just perfect for my family.

My family loves beans but I did add about a TBL of sugar to the cornbread mix. Yum!!!

1. How do I make the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake without beans?

To make the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake without beans, you will need to follow the recipe on our website or in our product cookbook. Start by preheating your oven to 375°F and then prepare the chili according to the instructions. Once the chili is done, pour it into a 9x13 inch baking dish and top it with your desired amount of cornbread batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cornbread is golden brown. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.

2. Can I substitute the chipotle chili with a different type of chili?

Yes, you can definitely substitute the chipotle chili with a different type of chili. We recommend using a chili with a similar level of spiciness and flavor profile to keep the overall taste of the dish consistent. Some great options include traditional beef chili, vegetarian chili, or even a white chicken chili.

3. Can I use a gluten-free cornbread mix for this recipe?

Absolutely! Our recipe for Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake without beans can easily be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free cornbread mix. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the mix and adjust the baking time if needed. You can also make your own gluten-free cornbread batter from scratch using gluten-free flour and cornmeal.

4. How can I make this dish vegetarian or vegan?

If you want to make this dish vegetarian, you can simply omit the ground beef from the chili recipe or substitute it with a vegetarian ground beef or tofu crumbles. For a vegan version, you can use a vegan chili recipe and substitute the eggs in the cornbread batter with an egg replacer or flaxseed meal. You can also use a vegan cornbread mix or make your own vegan cornbread batter.

5. Can I make this recipe in advance?

Yes, you can make this Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake without beans in advance. Simply prepare the chili and cornbread batter as instructed and then store them separately in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake. When you are ready, pour the chili into a baking dish and top it with the cornbread batter. Bake as directed, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kimmyb76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • esavvymom