• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Tangy Bbq Beans (Casual Cooking)

In summary, for your wedding reception, you can make the baked beans the day before and reheat them in aluminum pans on the day of the wedding. You can also cook the bacon on a stone in the oven, but may need to supplement with additional bacon grease or butter if there are not enough drippings. Congrats and best of luck!
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I know that this is an old recipe.* But I was wondering if anyone can help me with it.* I am considering for my wedding.* Would I be able to make them the day before and then put them in aluminum pans and bake them the day of the wedding?** Would I be able to make the bacon on a* stone in the oven?* Would that give me enough drippings to use 2 tbsp per batch that it tells you to use for other things?* If not could I use something else?

My aunt said that she would make baked beans for my wedding reception (we are doing a pig roast with other picnic style sides).* But when I called her last week to confirm she didn't seem like she wanted to.* She is the one who offered..LOL.* She can't find her recipe..so I thought that if she doesn't find it in time that this would be a good alternative.* I have made it before but wasn't sure about these few things.
* Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Yes, you can make the baked beans the day before and keep them in aluminum pans in the refrigerator. You can also bake the bacon on a stone in the oven, which should give you enough drippings to use 2 tablespoons per batch. If not, you can substitute with butter or margarine.

*Hi,First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Baked beans are a great addition to a pig roast and I'm sure your guests will love it.To answer your questions, yes, you can definitely make the beans a day before and reheat them in aluminum pans on the day of your wedding. Just make sure to let them cool completely before covering and refrigerating them. When reheating, you can add a little bit of water or broth to prevent them from drying out.As for making the bacon on a stone in the oven, it is possible but may not yield as much drippings as cooking it on a stovetop. You can try it and see how much drippings you get, and if it's not enough, you can supplement with some bacon grease or butter.I hope this helps and good luck with your wedding planning!

1. How do I adjust the tanginess in my BBQ beans?

To adjust the tanginess in your BBQ beans, you can add more or less of the BBQ sauce, depending on your preference. You can also balance out the tanginess by adding a little bit of honey or brown sugar to the beans.

2. Can I use any type of beans for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of beans for this recipe. Kidney beans, pinto beans, or black beans all work well in BBQ beans. You can also mix different types of beans for added flavor and texture.

3. Can I make these beans in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make these beans in a slow cooker. Simply combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.

4. How can I make these beans vegetarian/vegan?

To make these beans vegetarian/vegan, you can substitute the bacon with vegetarian bacon or omit it altogether. You can also use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and make sure to use a vegan-friendly BBQ sauce.

5. Can I use fresh beans instead of canned beans?

Yes, you can use fresh beans instead of canned beans for this recipe. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may be longer for fresh beans. Soak the beans overnight and then cook them before adding them to the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • PamperYourKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Valerie M
  • AshleyAllison
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies