• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave vs. Oven: Cooking Chicken Breasts in Minutes

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) can be used in both the microwave and oven, but the cooking method and time will differ. It is safe to cook a variety of foods in the DCB, and it is recommended to preheat it in the oven before use. Cleaning the DCB is easy, as it is dishwasher safe, but avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals.
avelissar
I am not a very experienced cook and I am still learning how to make things without step by step instructions. I know I can make 3 chicken breasts in the microwave in 9 minutes.

How long would this take in the oven and at what temperature?

I am trying to find alternatives, if my host's microwave is not large enough. She swears she measured it (but I still worry).

Thanks!

Andrea

haha! I learned my lesson at my last show, my host failed to inform me that she had a small apartment sized oven in her house, my large bar pan did not fit well in it. The oven door had to remain open a bit! OOPS! The brownies turned out great though!

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question though, just thought I'd let ya know that I've been there, well sorta!

I generally cook chicken in the oven at 325 or 350. Start at 15 minutes and use the pocket thermometer to check for doneness (165).

1. What is the difference between using the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave vs. the oven?

The main difference between using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) in the microwave vs. the oven is the cooking method and time. When using the DCB in the microwave, food is cooked using high heat and steam, resulting in quicker cooking times. In the oven, the DCB is used as a traditional baking dish, cooking food with dry heat and typically taking longer.

2. Can I use the DCB in both the microwave and oven?

Yes, the DCB is designed to be used in both the microwave and oven. It is made from stoneware, which is safe for use in both cooking methods. However, it is important to note that the cooking times and temperature may vary between the two methods.

3. What types of food can I cook in the DCB?

The DCB is a versatile cooking tool and can be used to cook a variety of foods, including meats, vegetables, casseroles, desserts, and more. It is also great for reheating leftovers or making one-pot meals.

4. Do I need to preheat the DCB in the oven?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the DCB in the oven before adding food. This will ensure even cooking and prevent the stoneware from cracking due to sudden temperature changes.

5. How do I clean the DCB after using it?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze. However, if there are any stubborn stains, you can soak the stoneware in warm soapy water for a few minutes before washing. Do not use abrasive materials or harsh chemicals to clean the DCB, as it can damage the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
Replies