• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Converting Dcb Microwave Directions for Oven Use

In summary, the author suggests that people try the oven directions for some of the recipes in the new DCB Cookbook. They suggest that people use the stove top/oven directions for others. They also suggest that people look at the chart in the back of the book to help with conversions.
msmileyface
Hi everyone,

I have a friend who purchased a DCB. She does not like microwave cooking (she is admittedly paranoid for no reason!) and asked if I could help her figure out how to make some of the awesome microwave recipes in the oven. Does anyone know how to do this or have the information? I will also ask her which recipes she is interested in and post them tomorrow..

Thanks!:love:

In the new DCB Cookbook there is a helpful chart in the back. Check it out maybe that will help.

I did a couple shows in Jan. making the LBPC where my host didn't have a microwave big enough. I did the potatoes in the oven, 375, for 25 minutes, then switched them, back in oven for 20minutes. Added the milk/cream cheese for 15 minutes. It worked fabulously, in fact it made the potatoes more "baked" with a bit more crunch to the skins. All the other directions are the same as microwaved.

thanks! and i did just see the chart in the cookbook - excellent!!

Anyone else have any conversion tips? The chart is helpful for sure, just looking for more guidance if anyone has it :)

I guess it really depends on what she makes. Some of the soups and stuff can be started on the stove top and baked in the oven - sort of like a crockpot. Other stuff she'll probably just have to play around with.I made the Family Burrito Bake last night and used the stove top/oven directions. It was still fast and simple just took longer to make. I've also done the Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the oven. Assembled as directed and put in the oven until done.

How long did you bake the chicken lasagna? I have been eyeing that recipe up.

1. Can I use any type of oven to convert Dcb microwave directions?

Yes, you can use any type of oven to convert Dcb microwave directions. However, for best results, we recommend using a conventional or convection oven.

2. How do I convert the cooking time for Dcb microwave directions to oven use?

To convert the cooking time, you will need to add approximately 25% more time to the original microwave cooking time. For example, if the microwave directions state to cook for 4 minutes, you will need to cook for 5 minutes in the oven.

3. Are there any special instructions for converting Dcb microwave directions for oven use?

Yes, there are a few special instructions you should follow when converting Dcb microwave directions for oven use. Make sure to preheat the oven to the recommended temperature, use an oven-safe dish, and cover the dish with foil or a lid to retain moisture.

4. Can I use a different temperature for converting Dcb microwave directions for oven use?

Yes, you can use a different temperature for converting Dcb microwave directions for oven use. However, be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Lower temperatures will require longer cooking times, and higher temperatures will require shorter cooking times.

5. Can I convert Dcb microwave directions for oven use for all types of dishes?

While most Dcb microwave dishes can be converted for oven use, there may be some dishes that are not suitable for this method. For example, dishes with a high liquid content or highly delicate ingredients may not fare well in the oven. It is best to consult the product packaging or the Pampered Chef website for specific instructions on converting your desired dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jkowalski
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Staci
  • tpc.patty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies