• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken in Dcb in the Oven -- Not Microwave

C
crunchyconmama
HI All,

Do you know how long I would bake a whole chicken in the DCB in the oven? I don't have a microwave (nor do I want one). I've had it in the oven now at 350 for an hour but it doesn't look done.

Any advice is welcome! TIA! Elissa

I usually bake mine for @ 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I leave the lid on for the first hour then remove it for the rest of the time. If i starts to look too brown I put it back on.

Before the DCB, we had a bowl/lid that fit over the 9x13, I use to bake a whole chicken in it 400 for an hour. Taking the lid off for the last 15 min to brown.

From the 2006 F/W Seasons Best:

The Pampered Chef ®
Juiciest Roast Chicken
Recipe

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 whole chicken (3 1/2-4 1/2 pounds)
1 tablespoon olive oil

Preheat oven to 450ºF. Lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper and thyme in Prep Bowl; mix well. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat using Kitchen Shears, if necessary. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken.

Brush outside of chicken with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush; coat completely with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, breast side up, in baker. Roast, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180ºF in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove from oven; let chicken stand 10 minutes before carving.

Yield: 4-6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 31 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 50 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 0 g

Becky - have you made that? Is it good? I have never cooked a chicken at 450!

Can't say I have ever cooked a chicken at 450 myself, seems a little high! I'll have to try it.

ChefBeckyD said:
From the 2006 F/W Seasons Best:

The Pampered Chef ®
Juiciest Roast Chicken
Recipe

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 whole chicken (3 1/2-4 1/2 pounds)
1 tablespoon olive oil

Preheat oven to 450ºF. Lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper and thyme in Prep Bowl; mix well. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat using Kitchen Shears, if necessary. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken.

Brush outside of chicken with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush; coat completely with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, breast side up, in baker. Roast, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180ºF in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove from oven; let chicken stand 10 minutes before carving.

Yield: 4-6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 31 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 50 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 0 g

If you were the person that posted this recipe earlier I want to say THANK YOU!! This was YUMMY but I did it with just chicken breast since I do not like whole chickens but it was great!!!!!!!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
Becky - have you made that? Is it good? I have never cooked a chicken at 450!

I made it just last week! (and always made it this way until I was brave enough to try the 30 minute chicken.)

It is very good - turns out beautiful. If it looks like it's getting too dark, I just put the lid on for the last 10 minutes or so. I was a bit skeptical too of the the high temp, but it must be the magic of the DCB - it turns out great - and I had plenty of pan juices for gravy too!

ChefBeckyD said:
I made it just last week! (and always made it this way until I was brave enough to try the 30 minute chicken.)

It is very good - turns out beautiful. If it looks like it's getting too dark, I just put the lid on for the last 10 minutes or so. I was a bit skeptical too of the the high temp, but it must be the magic of the DCB - it turns out great - and I had plenty of pan juices for gravy too!

Agreed!!! I'd never cooked achicken at 450 before, but it turned out beautifully. It's a great recipe.

Last edited:
OMG - I did not have in my contacts - I read this as "Children in DCB in the oven......: LOL!!!

Cindycooks said:
OMG - I did not have in my contacts - I read this as "Children in DCB in the oven......: LOL!!!

Have you been reading Hansel and Gretel?

I am bumping this for easier reference ... it is getting made tomorrow.

Last time I got a whole chicken, my roomate a) put NO spices on it and b) made it in the fluted stone. This time, I insisted that it would get made MY WAY and since I am working day shift tomorrow, I have already prepared the spice mix, put it on the chicken and put the baker in the fridge.

One question ... since the baker will be refrigerated, do you think it's necessary for the baker to be taken out of the fridge for 30 minutes or so to get to room temperature? And/or ... should we NOT bother with pre-heating the oven?

1. How long should I bake a whole chicken in the DCB in the oven?

The cooking time for a whole chicken in a DCB (Deep Covered Baker) will vary depending on the size of the chicken and the oven temperature. On average, a 3-4 lb chicken will take about 1.5-2 hours to cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.

2. Can I use a DCB in the oven if I don't have a microwave?

Yes, a DCB can be used in the oven even if you do not have a microwave. The DCB is made of stoneware and is safe for use in conventional ovens.

3. What is the difference between using a DCB and a microwave for cooking chicken?

The main difference between using a DCB and a microwave for cooking chicken is the method of heating. The microwave uses electromagnetic waves to heat the food, while a DCB in the oven uses convection heat to cook the chicken. This can result in slightly different textures and flavors in the chicken.

4. How do I know when the chicken is done cooking in the DCB?

The best way to determine if the chicken is done cooking is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken, avoiding any bones, and make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, you can also check the doneness by cutting into the thickest part of the chicken and making sure the juices run clear.

5. Can I use the DCB in the oven for other dishes besides chicken?

Yes, the DCB can be used for a variety of dishes besides chicken, such as roasts, casseroles, and even desserts. Just make sure to follow the specific cooking instructions for each dish, as cooking times and temperatures may vary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies