• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mom's Best Crockpot BBQ Beans Recipe: Perfect for Birthday Parties!

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's upcoming birthday and their desire to make beans to go along with a BBQ. They ask if anyone has a good recipe and receive suggestions for both baked beans and pinto beans. Recipes are shared and discussed, with the consensus being that a recipe for baked beans using pork and beans, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, and uncooked bacon is the best. Another recipe for Texas pinto beans is also shared, with the option to make it vegetarian. The conversation ends with the agreement that the baked bean recipe is the best and a comment about the versatility of the beans.
kdawn1124
My little boys birthday is Saturday and I want to make beans to go along with the bbq. My aunt makes these really yummy beans in her crock pot but she is out of town so I can't call her. Do any of you have an awesome recipe for beans?

If you go to www.allrecipes.com they have a ton of recipes. Just do a search on Baked Beans or however you want them.

Thanks Kristin!

kdawn1124 said:
Thanks Kristin!
No problem. That is my favorite website for recipes, expecially in a pinch. Let me know how it turns out.

Do you want baked beans or pinto beans?
Being from Texas...... I "assume" pintos I have a good recipe for them in the crockpot.

This is the best baked bean recipe I have ever made:

Diane’s Baked Beans

lg. can pork and beans 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. mustard ½ - ¾ c. catsup
bacon (6-8 slices) uncooked

Drain beans; mix all ingredients except bacon. Arrange uncooked bacon on top of bean mixture in 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour until bacon is cooked and beans are bubbly.

Last edited:
Teresa Lynn said:
Do you want baked beans or pinto beans?
Being from Texas...... I "assume" pintos I have a good recipe for them in the crockpot.

Please share or PM me!

This is the one I always make.

Ol’ Settler Beans Serves 10

1/2 pound Bacon (chopped) (Browned)
1/2 pound Hamburger (Brown in Bacon grease &
then drain grease)
Add:
1 can each: (15-16 oz)
Butter Beans, Kidney Beans, Pork & Beans
1 Medium Onion (chopped)
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup White Sugar
2 T Molasses
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
1/4 cup Catsup
Mix and bake in crock pot or slow oven 2-4 hrs
( I add 1-2 Tbls. Flour for a thicker consistency,
otherwise, it is more like broth.)

For Vegetarian: omit bacon and substitute vegetable protein
for the hamburger and add non-meat bacon bits and
a hickory flavoring for bacon taste.)

Deb that sounds so good! What size crock pot do you have? I think mine is just your standard size(5.5qt), do you think this recipe will fit?

Last edited:
Oh yes, it will fit. I think mine is 6 qts and when I double it, it's full.

Teresa's Texas Pinto Beans Recipe

(you may want to double these if you have alot of people) For parties I make 2 crockpots full. These are great with Mexican food or backyard BBQ parties.

1 # dried pintos (wash and soak)
3 cans chicken broth
12 oz beer
2 cans stewed tomatoes
4 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 large onion diced
1 bunch fresh cilantro (cut)
2 whole jalepenos (seeded and chopped)
1 jar Herdez green salsa (use less if you don't want it spicy)
Drain beans, dump everything in crockpot except cilantro (I add it an hour before serving)
Depending on the size of your crockpot you may need to add a little extra water or broth
these can also be cooked in your stockpot but require more attention so they do not stick
If I am having Mexican food I mash them in my family skillet with my nylon masher and cook for refried beans

Thanks Teresa, those sound yummy also. Not sure which one I'll end up making.

BethCooks4U said:
This is the best baked bean recipe I have ever made:

Diane’s Baked Beans

lg. can pork and beans 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. mustard ½ - ¾ c. catsup
bacon (6-8 slices) uncooked

Drain beans; mix all ingredients except bacon. Arrange uncooked bacon on top of bean mixture in 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour until bacon is cooked and beans are bubbly.

Beth~

That the same recipe that my SIL gave me, only she doesn't drain the beans. They are THE BEST!!

They are good hot, but even better at room temp or cold!

Related to Mom's Best Crockpot BBQ Beans Recipe: Perfect for Birthday Parties!

What ingredients do I need for "Mom's Best Crockpot BBQ Beans Recipe: Perfect for Birthday Parties!"?

To make this delicious dish, you will need: 3 cans of your favorite beans (such as pinto, black, or kidney), 1 pound of ground beef, 1 onion, 1 green pepper, 1 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of mustard, and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.

How long does it take to cook "Mom's Best Crockpot BBQ Beans Recipe: Perfect for Birthday Parties!"?

The beauty of this recipe is that it can be easily made in a crockpot, so you can set it and forget it! It typically takes around 4-6 hours on high heat or 8-10 hours on low heat for the beans and meat to fully cook and the flavors to develop.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in "Mom's Best Crockpot BBQ Beans Recipe: Perfect for Birthday Parties!"?

Absolutely! This recipe is very versatile and can be adapted to fit your preferences. You can use different types of beans, ground turkey instead of beef, and adjust the amount of ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard to your liking. Feel free to get creative and make it your own!

Can I make "Mom's Best Crockpot BBQ Beans Recipe: Perfect for Birthday Parties!" ahead of time?

Yes, this dish actually tastes even better when made ahead of time! You can prepare it the night before and store it in the fridge, then simply turn on the crockpot the next day and let it cook. The flavors will have more time to develop and the beans will be even more flavorful.

What are some serving suggestions for "Mom's Best Crockpot BBQ Beans Recipe: Perfect for Birthday Parties!"?

These BBQ beans are perfect for a birthday party or any other gathering. They can be served as a side dish alongside grilled meats, or as a main dish with some cornbread and a salad. You can also top them with shredded cheese, diced avocado, or chopped green onions for some added flavor and texture. Enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • monica_sweetconsultant
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies