• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Loaded Baked Potato Soup on Stovetop??

In summary, the conversation discusses different ways to make a loaded baked potato soup, including using the stovetop instead of the microwave. Suggestions are given for making the recipe in larger quantities and for using different ingredients, such as sausage and corn. Some individuals have successfully made the soup on the stovetop, while others prefer the microwave method. Tips are also shared for preparing the recipe for a larger group.
lakamper
I need to double and maybe triple the loaded baked potato soup, has anyone ever made it on the stovetop instead of microwave?

I was thinking of maybe doing the potatoes in the DCB just like the recipe calls for but then put the rest in a big stockpot or sometime and finish on the stove.

Has anyone ever done this or a different way? Help!! I'm making it in a couple hours!

lol - does anyone ever plan ahead? Not me!!:cry:

Sorry no one replied to this for you! Did you end up making it? How did it turn out? I imagine it would work, did you do anything differently?

LOL I made this last night too. . . I wanted to test it out before my show tonight.. . . MY KIDS LOVED IT!! ! ! Sorry I can't help you though I made it the way the recipe said. . . I hope it turned out well for you please keep me posted because I think I would love to do the same thing too if it works! Thanks

I had to make this recipe one time to take to a church function. I made 4 batches each in the microwave and then dumped each batch into crock pots. (2 batches in each crock pot.) I was nervous to try it on the stove, but I wonder if that would've been faster. My poor microwave sure got a workout that night. :D

I actually made this for dinner last night (in the microwave) but I think it's funny that everyone has potato chowder on their minds now that the weather is turning. Oh, as a side note, I add ground sausage and corn to mine, and a whole brick of cream cheese.

Won't help you for your show, but for future reference...I've done it on the stove and it worked fine! My microwave doesn't fit the DCB so when I made it at home I did it this way. I just "baked" the potatoes in the microwave ahead of time and just used the 8 quart Executive pot to heat everything up and mix it together.

Even when I do this recipe at shows, I just bake the potatoes in my oven ahead of time (or have the host do it). It's a lot quicker and easier in my opinion. I have never done it the other way.

so I did the potatoes in step one in the micro just like it said with the 1/2 cup milk. Then put in the stock pot on stovetop and added everything else. Did this 3 times, was a huge batch and everyone loved it! By the end of the night it was like mashed potatoes but still tasted awesome!! We loved it. Would definately do it like that again if I had to make more than one batch.

Oh and I had two DCB's going so I could get the next batch ready while one was in the micro, that was helpful!

Thanks guys!

Lisa :thumbup:

I had to do this once at a show, due to the DCB not fitting in the DH microwave. I cut the potatoes in 4s and boils in water with a little salt. Then after potatoes were soft, I drained water, added butter and used Mix 'N Chop. Then proceeded with milk and cream cheese mixture, heating all the way through. Added onions, seasoning, and additional cheese to finish. I did let the recipe sit for 10 minutes until I had a thicker rue. I played ticket game with the guest and let them shop while this cooked. Did take a lot longer than the microwave, but this is the best way to triple the recipe.

Re: ?? about loaded baked potato soup on stovetop??so how many helpings does this recipe make? I guess I should ask the size of a helping. I have a host that is doing her show a couple of hours before church. Any advice would be great. Since I do not know the size of the microwave this caught my attention, plus I am worried about how many will show up. She invited all the ladies of the church; about 80 invitations. I know the rule of thumb for how many will show, but you never know. Help!

For "sampling" sizes, I think this recipe will cover about 12 people (one ladle per person). With that many invited, even if on 1/4 come, that's 20. I'd defiinitely have something else already prepared. Perhaps the chicken clubhouse squares and a cool & serve tray with veggies and dip.

pchockeymom said:
For "sampling" sizes, I think this recipe will cover about 12 people (one ladle per person). With that many invited, even if on 1/4 come, that's 20. I'd defiinitely have something else already prepared. Perhaps the chicken clubhouse squares and a cool & serve tray with veggies and dip.

Thank you for this information.
Since we are also making Garlic Biscuit Bites I thought more 'bread' would not be a good idea. Any other suggestions? A veggie tray is great!

1. How do I make Pampered Chef's Loaded Baked Potato Soup on the stovetop?

To make our Loaded Baked Potato Soup on the stovetop, you will need the following ingredients: diced potatoes, chicken broth, butter, flour, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, cooked bacon, green onions, and salt and pepper. Begin by cooking the diced potatoes in chicken broth until they are tender. In a separate pan, melt butter and whisk in flour to create a roux. Slowly add the roux to the potato and broth mixture, stirring constantly. Next, add in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese, stirring until melted and combined. Finally, top your soup with crumbled bacon and chopped green onions. Serve hot and enjoy!

2. Can I use other types of cheese in this recipe?

Absolutely! While we recommend using shredded cheddar cheese for a classic loaded baked potato flavor, you can experiment with other types of cheese such as pepper jack or gouda for a twist on the traditional soup. Just make sure to use a cheese that will melt easily into the soup.

3. Is this recipe vegetarian-friendly?

Unfortunately, our Loaded Baked Potato Soup is not vegetarian-friendly as it contains chicken broth and bacon. However, you can easily make it vegetarian by using vegetable broth and omitting the bacon. You can also add in some extra vegetables like broccoli or carrots for added flavor and nutrition.

4. Can I make this soup ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this soup ahead of time and reheat it. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to reheat, simply warm it up on the stovetop over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through. You may need to add a little extra broth or water to thin out the soup if it has thickened while being stored.

5. What are some toppings I can add to this soup?

Aside from the traditional toppings of bacon and green onions, you can also add some sour cream, shredded cheese, diced avocado, or even croutons to your Loaded Baked Potato Soup. Get creative and add your favorite toppings for a personalized touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies