• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anybody Made Shake N Bake in the Dcb?

In summary, Shake N Bake can be used in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for a quick and easy meal. The cooking time will remain the same and any type of meat can be used with Shake N Bake in the DCB. No additional liquid is needed, and the DCB lid can be used for even cooking. Just follow the instructions on the Shake N Bake package.
tabnat80
Gold Member
I'm going to make this for dinner tonight instead of the chicken tortilla. Has anyone made shake n bake in the dcb?

%k``````````````````` BV^g^"^'

No, but I would be interested in hearing how it came out. Everything else seems to work.

I didn't know that stuff was still around!

Curiosity is getting to me on how it came out.

Well, dh like it just fine. Me on the other hand didn't think it turned out too well. I shook it in the bag and then put it in the dcb for 15 minutes. I then tested the temp to make sure it was warm enough. The chicken was moist, but the taste was not the same as when I bake it in the oven. Kinda had a sweet taste and was a little soggyish. Tasted the same with ketchup on it though:)

15 minutes seems like a long time for chicken in the micro. Was it on the bone or breasts?

Ketchup on shake and bake??? UGH!!

I think that Shake 'n' Bake would need the dry heat of the oven in order to form a proper "crust" on the meat. The microwave is just too moist and would make the breading a little gummy.

Related to Anybody Made Shake N Bake in the Dcb?

1. Can I use Shake N Bake in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, Shake N Bake can be used in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for a quick and easy meal.

2. Do I need to adjust the cooking time when using Shake N Bake in the DCB?

No, the cooking time will remain the same when using Shake N Bake in the DCB. Just follow the instructions on the Shake N Bake package.

3. Can I use any type of meat with Shake N Bake in the DCB?

Yes, Shake N Bake can be used with chicken, pork, fish, and even vegetables in the DCB.

4. Do I need to add any liquid to the DCB when using Shake N Bake?

No, Shake N Bake already contains all the necessary ingredients, so there is no need to add any liquid to the DCB.

5. Can I use the DCB lid when cooking with Shake N Bake?

Yes, the DCB lid can be used during cooking with Shake N Bake. It helps to keep the moisture in and ensures even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • redsoxgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lakamper