• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Awesome Recipe Using Jamaican Jerk Rub

In summary, Jamaican Jerk Rub is a versatile seasoning that can be used on a variety of meats and vegetables. It has a medium level of spiciness and is made with a blend of herbs and spices. No additional ingredients are needed when using Jamaican Jerk Rub in a recipe, but you can add other seasonings or sauces for more flavor. It can also be used in a slow cooker recipe by marinating the protein or vegetables beforehand.
Kinet
I was browsing Bob Greene's web site (from Oprah), Thebestlife.com and I came across this recipe that asked for Jamaican jerk rub. I thought I'd try it out with our own rub, it was AMAZING!!!
I posted it in Recipes and give it 2 thumbs way up!!!!

Sounds delish. Thanks for sharing!

Jamaican Jerk Chicken SaladIngredients:1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk rub (or our own rub)1 tablespoon olive oil1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt1 tablespoon honey1 tablespoon fresh lime juice1/4 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon black pepper8 cups mixed salad greens1/2 cup diced mango1/2 cup diced pineapple1/4 cup diced red onion1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro1/4 cup chopped toasted almondsInstructions:1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.2. Rub chicken breasts with jerk rub and olive oil.3. Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.4. Let chicken cool before slicing into strips.5. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper.6. In a large bowl, toss together salad greens, mango, pineapple, red onion, cilantro, and almonds.7. Top with sliced chicken and drizzle with yogurt dressing.8. Serve and enjoy!

Related to Awesome Recipe Using Jamaican Jerk Rub

1. How do I use Jamaican Jerk Rub in a recipe?

To use Jamaican Jerk Rub in a recipe, simply sprinkle it onto your desired protein or vegetable and rub it in. Allow the rub to marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.

2. Can I use Jamaican Jerk Rub on any type of meat?

Yes, Jamaican Jerk Rub can be used on a variety of meats such as chicken, pork, beef, and even seafood. It also works well with vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and zucchini.

3. How spicy is Jamaican Jerk Rub?

Jamaican Jerk Rub has a medium level of spiciness. It has a blend of herbs and spices like thyme, allspice, and cayenne pepper which gives it a flavorful heat without being too overwhelming.

4. Are there any other ingredients I need to add to the recipe besides the Jamaican Jerk Rub?

No, Jamaican Jerk Rub is a complete seasoning blend that already contains all the necessary ingredients for a delicious recipe. However, you can add other seasonings or sauces to enhance the flavor according to your preference.

5. Can I use Jamaican Jerk Rub in a slow cooker recipe?

Yes, Jamaican Jerk Rub can be used in a slow cooker recipe. Make sure to marinate your protein or vegetables with the rub beforehand for maximum flavor. You can also sprinkle a little extra on top before cooking for an extra kick.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies