• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Average Party Spend: What Does Everyone Spend?

In summary, In general, guests spend an average of $35.00 at their parties. Mine are anywhere from 20.00 to 50.00.
rennea
Gold Member
What would everyone say is there average amount that customers spend at there parties? Mines around $35.00, I wish it was higher:(

mine are anywhere from 20.00 to 50.00 i hope that helps you any.

My avg. used to be $45-50, but with the economy here in Michigan, I have seen it drop to $30-35. Bookings are up though! More people wanting to take advantage of the host benefits!

is there a way to run a report for averages of total orders received?? Just wondering as I have NO clue what my average is?

Mine orders are between $30-$50 average, with at least one a show that orders $100+. It helps when you have at least 5 outside orders to help with the show total.

I would say my average is $30-$50...but I can tell you, the more comfortable you are using & talking about our products, the higher your averages will be!!

Someone from HO said people are only going to spend what they can afford...I know in my case this is true. I don't go shopping and spend outside my budget.
I would love for my individual sales to be higher (I'm around $45), but I do go to show looking for bookings and recruits - that I know I can influence! Does this make sense?

My shows orders are $25.00 - $40.00. I am also in Michigan ChefBecky and have noticed the same. I was surprised at my last show I had a customer spend $191.00. I told her in the future if she planned to spend around that amount that she should consider holding her own show. She said she wasn't interested in doing that.

I just averaged my last 8 cooking shows, and the average guest order is $42. Is there a way to find the average guest order w/o figuring it out manually?

I'd say my average order is $40, but I do offer a "spiff"...if they spend $50 or more, their shipping is on me! You'd be surprised how many people will spend another $10 or $6 to get $4.00 shipping FREE!!! And as for running a report, there's none that I could find in P3.

I live in Michigan, I would have to say my average order is about $50. I will say however, I miss "spend $60 and get something free" Promos we had. People were much more willing to spend that extra $10 for something free.

ltkacz said:
I miss "spend $60 and get something free" Promos we had. People were much more willing to spend that extra $10 for something free.

I agree! I wonder if they will bring it back? I'm sure they will if they see a drop in sales.

ltkacz said:
I live in Michigan, I would have to say my average order is about $50. I will say however, I miss "spend $60 and get something free" Promos we had. People were much more willing to spend that extra $10 for something free.

I actually had the opposite experience. I hardly ever got anyone who spent the extra to get the gift. Last year was my first year so maybe I didn't market it correctly.

I have guests and hosts who are happier knowing that any one of their friends can get the special if they wish... lots of times they have friends that cannot spend the $60 and I had the hosts feeling badly for them so I am finding that they are happier with the special that is available to all. Just my experience so far.

I have people ask what the Free item is too. I have not had a lot of success with the recent specials but I did have success with people adding a $5-10 item to get something for free. They could use that to justify spending more.

I have never figured my average. I would say $25-30 in product value most of the time. Recently it has been a little lower the past few shows have struggled.

My average order is in the $30-$35.00 range. It was a bit higher last year when we did consistently have the "free gift with purchase" guest special.

I desparately want PC to bring back the free gift with purchase. I DID have great success getting people to add to their orders to get the free item.

Granted, if you have a person spending 30.00, they aren't usually going to bump from 30 - 60 to get the free item (some will of course); the more NORM is that those in the $50-59.00 level will add something else to get the free tiem. And, enough of those DO happen that I know my average order was up last year.

If YOU want to see free gift with purchase return, then email the solution center and put "consultant suggestion" in the subject line. STate your request, and the reason for it (in your opinion) and then ask that your email be forwarded to the appropriate committee.

I have not liked virtually ANY of our most recent guest specials (except the cookbook sale). I also feel that a very real way to judge whether GUESTS like the special or not is OUTSIDE ORDERS. I thinkn I might be getting 2-3 MAX a month (and I'm very busy!) who add the guest special to their order if it is a buy 1 get 1 1/2 price type thing like we've been having. Totally doesn't sell itself like the free gift with purchase of the flat sale on the whole line of cookbooks.

b

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a guest special for everyone, and then an extra bonus if you spent $XX? That would be the ideal situation!:balloon:

Although, after 6 shows so far this month, I have had ZERO takers for the October Guest Special.

I know people who have had luck with the "spend $60" type specials, but I never did. I'd have people asking me, "Is there anything on sale right now?" Or they'd be upset because it wasn't an item they wanted, and didn't understand that I couldn't just substitute something of the same value. My average order is probably $20-35, depending on the crowd. (The Potty Party this summer and it's bookings had about an $18 average, before shipping.)

Is there a way for P3 to run this for you and see what it is? I would love to know instead of my guess.

jrstephens said:
Is there a way for P3 to run this for you and see what it is? I would love to know instead of my guess.

So I just did this for October.....and btw - my avg for Oct is up - $51 per guest. I ran the Monthly Sales report, which lists # of guests, and then commissionable sales. Sales at $4202, and # of guests is 81. I divided $4202 by 81, and came up with $51.

Sept. came up as $41 per guest. I guess you could do this per month and avg it out to find a yearly total.

You can use the numbers on the Monthly Sales Diary to compute it easily. Divide the monthly commissionable sales by the number of guests. It won't be completely accurate, because it won't include past host specials or host half-price purchases, but it'll be a decent estimate.

chefann said:
You can use the numbers on the Monthly Sales Diary to compute it easily. Divide the monthly commissionable sales by the number of guests. It won't be completely accurate, because it won't include past host specials or host half-price purchases, but it'll be a decent estimate.

HA! Ann - we were posting at the same time!:D

quiverfull7 said:
I have guests and hosts who are happier knowing that any one of their friends can get the special if they wish... lots of times they have friends that cannot spend the $60 and I had the hosts feeling badly for them so I am finding that they are happier with the special that is available to all. Just my experience so far.

I've seen the same thing. I'm in NC and have seen a drop in sales since the furniture market hasn't been doing as well. If you're not in furniture, you're not in a good market here (unless you're in medical). I'm trying to get in with the medical market, where I'm hoping to get sales and bookings up before the end of the year. ANy suggestions from anyone?....:(

ChefBeckyD said:
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a guest special for everyone, and then an extra bonus if you spent $XX? That would be the ideal situation!:balloon:
I've thought the same thing or spend $XX and get this for 40% off or something crazy like that.

I offer an item gratis if they spend $100 or more. Depends on the crown last party only one went for it & last month everyone at the party went for it!!!!!!

The free item I pay for out of pocket but it is work it to get the sales higher. I just put them on the hosts order and she calls me to ask........... then I get my first of my out of the box call done.

I just posted on another thread, I'm going to be offering, in November, spend $40 or more & get the meat lifters for only $15. If it's successful, I'll do something similar, with a different product, for Dec, Jan, etc! That's a good way to up the averages & help the host have a higher party! Do any of you do this already??

ltkacz said:

I agree...i have hardly sold any guest specials in the last couple of months. People do frequently ask what is free with $60 purchase.

1. How much should I expect to spend at a Pampered Chef party?

The average party spend at a Pampered Chef party varies, as it ultimately depends on the individual preferences and needs of each customer. However, on average, customers typically spend around $50 to $100 at a party.

2. Are there any discounts or promotions available to help lower the party spend?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various promotions and discounts throughout the year to help customers save on their purchases. Be sure to check with your Pampered Chef consultant to see if there are any current promotions available for your party.

3. Can I host a party with a lower budget in mind?

Of course! Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products at different price points, so there are options for every budget. Your consultant can work with you to create a party plan that fits your budget and still offers a fun and enjoyable experience for you and your guests.

4. What factors can affect the average party spend?

The average party spend can be influenced by various factors, such as the number of guests, the types of products purchased, and any current promotions or discounts being offered. Additionally, the individual spending habits of each guest can also affect the average party spend.

5. Are there any tips for keeping my party spend within my budget?

If you're looking to keep your party spend within a certain budget, be sure to communicate this with your Pampered Chef consultant. They can offer suggestions and help you plan a party that fits your budget. Additionally, consider hosting a virtual party to save on travel and hosting expenses. You can also ask your consultant about potential host rewards or discounts that can help lower your overall party spend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
legacypc46
Replies
Views
pamperedposey