• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the $60 for the Guest Sales Hurting Your Sales?

In summary, Ginger believes that the company would sell more if they went back to $50, and that an average order at her shows is $45. She feels that it was super easy to sell $5 more in order to get the special, but now guests have to spend $15 more to get it.
It actually IS a great product. Its just that its not like a lot of others where there is more than one use for it. If there is, I haven't found it.

I personally think the ICSM is gimmickey, but do you remember when it was pictured in the catalogue but not available yet because it was a mid-season product? A ton of people tried to order it before it was yet available!

I think they raised it to $60 hoping it would increase our sales, which is good for us!

How about the incentives: sell $1500 (HELD AND SUBMITTED-heldover May shows don't count!!) to receive $150 in free product (10%) but if you sell $10,000 you only get $850 in free product (8.5%). Why didn't they make level 4 at the $8500 level?

Also, did you realize with the Pan-O-Rama, it was sell 10 get 1 free. Sell TEN double burner griddles to get one free! Sorry, but that's no more generous than the neighborhood car wash. I sold a ton of cookware, and still missed out on two or three items.

Just curious...has anyone tried to make hamburgers with it? A couple of guests said thats what they are gonna use it for:confused:

Ginger428 said:
Just curious...has anyone tried to make hamburgers with it? A couple of guests said thats what they are gonna use it for:confused:
I was just going to post that as a second use for the ICSM! It makes smallish burgers but that's good for kids or crowds with lots of side dishes and you can use smaller buns with them...

The first time my DH saw the ICSM he thought it was a hamburger patty maker. I have not tired to use it for that, but someday I might.

Tracy

Playing a little devil's advocate...

I don't want to go against the grain here but I do feel that we as PC consultants get spoiled....I haven't heard of anyone else out there that gives guests specials when the buy so much $$ for free! I feel like we are very lucky to even get to offer such a thing and it doesn't come out of our pockets...

soonerchef said:

I don't want to go against the grain here but I do feel that we as PC consultants get spoiled....I haven't heard of anyone else out there that gives guests specials when the buy so much $$ for free! I feel like we are very lucky to even get to offer such a thing and it doesn't come out of our pockets...

Well it is all PC's fault for spoiling us!! (stomping feet) :p

Paige Dixon said:
How about the incentives: sell $1500 (HELD AND SUBMITTED-heldover May shows don't count!!) to receive $150 in free product (10%) but if you sell $10,000 you only get $850 in free product (8.5%). Why didn't they make level 4 at the $8500 level?

Umm...actually it was sell $1500 and get $100+ of products which is 6.6%;
Sell $3000 and get $350+ which is 11.6%;
Sell $4500 (plus 3 recruits) or $6000 and get $550+ which is 12.2% plus 3 consultants or 9.2%;
Sell $10,000 and get $850+ which is 8.5%

So, I guess the best deal was the $4500 and 3 recruits when you are looking at it from a sales perspective. If you are having a hard time recruiting, the $3000 was the best deal.

Sorry to be picky...I like numbers :D

I Agree!!!!
soonerchef said:

I could not better agree with soonerchef!!! As for earning the free cookware, be glad they let you earn it instead of you having to buy it!!!! I never had the money to buy any of the cookware but I was able to earn it!!! ( I didn't get all I wanted, but I did earn over $500 in free cookware) How much more could they have helped us, i mean they offered cookware as a host special one month, and even let the discounted and half-price products count as full price for us!!!

Well, actually I've found another use for the ICSM. When I bake cookies instead of rolling out the dough to make round cookies I just simply put a ball of cookie dough on the round stone and smash it with the pedestal and plunger and it turns out perfect. I like thinner cookies so this is really nice. My 5 year old son just loved helping me make cookies with this. I also have a good recipe for cookies that I stole off the box of cake mix. Just take 1 chocolate cake mix add 1/3 cup oil and 2 eggs. Mix well (I actually need it with my hands in the bowl). And either drop on stone and bake for about 10 minutes at 375 or do as I mentioned above for thinner cookies and bake for 7 minutes. The guests at my last show just absolutely loved them.

I like the hamburger idea alot. I'm going to try that.

I agree with Anne! PC spoils consultants and customers so now we don't want an $11 item for free!!

tiffanypc05 said:
I could not better agree with soonerchef!!! As for earning the free cookware, be glad they let you earn it instead of you having to buy it!!!! I never had the money to buy any of the cookware but I was able to earn it!!! ( I didn't get all I wanted, but I did earn over $500 in free cookware) How much more could they have helped us, i mean they offered cookware as a host special one month, and even let the discounted and half-price products count as full price for us!!!

Like I said, its all PC's fault that we're spoiled!!!

cmdtrgd said:
Umm...actually it was sell $1500 and get $100+ of products which is 6.6%;
Sell $3000 and get $350+ which is 11.6%;
Sell $4500 (plus 3 recruits) or $6000 and get $550+ which is 12.2% plus 3 consultants or 9.2%;
Sell $10,000 and get $850+ which is 8.5%

So, I guess the best deal was the $4500 and 3 recruits when you are looking at it from a sales perspective. If you are having a hard time recruiting, the $3000 was the best deal.

Sorry to be picky...I like numbers :D

well-that would all depend on how much over the $100 mark the items are...since it does say more than $100 ;) (and $350 etc etc) the percentage should be higher, but they sure aren't equal are they?

and when will they ship?? I am soooooo anxious! LOL

They will ship at the end of July I think I read somewhere.

I think it depends on what the Guest Special is for the month. I had people in June bump up for the ICSM and others who weren't excited about it. My show on Saturday, all but one guest spent more than $60 because they wanted the small batter bowl - I also used it at the show and really praised it!

I am REALLY excited for my mystery host open house next month because I know everyone is going to want the quick-stir free and will spend the $60 to get it!

I think the small batter bowl guest special has helped my sales this month. I closed a show on Friday where almost every guest got the incentive. Also, I forgot to tell the host she would get it, too, but that will be a pleasant surprise for her. I think next month's guest special with the QS pitcher will be good, too.

Jeanie Gay

I didn't think very many people would spend the $60 to get a free item. Then at my cluster meeting we were brainstorming on ways to save money/not have to carry so much to each show. Someone suggested printing up outside order forms to use at shows. I tried that and out of three orders at a party, two spend right at $60 so they could have there free small batter bowl. I use Pmapered Partner so I'll still print up reciepts with a valid gaurentee for the host to give the people. I really liked doing it that way and the guests, who had been to my parties before liked not having to find products on the itemized recipts, that I used before.
On a side note the reason there was only 3 orders at the party is the host basically told everyone but her "best friends" they were invited but don't come, just order, because she thinks her house is too small with limited parking! She did get several orders.

pamperedwendy said:
I didn't think very many people would spend the $60 to get a free item. Then at my cluster meeting we were brainstorming on ways to save money/not have to carry so much to each show. Someone suggested printing up outside order forms to use at shows. I tried that and out of three orders at a party, two spend right at $60 so they could have there free small batter bowl. I use Pmapered Partner so I'll still print up reciepts with a valid gaurentee for the host to give the people. I really liked doing it that way and the guests, who had been to my parties before liked not having to find products on the itemized recipts, that I used before.
On a side note the reason there was only 3 orders at the party is the host basically told everyone but her "best friends" they were invited but don't come, just order, because she thinks her house is too small with limited parking! She did get several orders.

NOW this is the kind of party I'm looking to book!!!....dont ANYONE come, just order lots of stuff!!:D :D :D ;)

It was nice. Only one of the ladies, I hadn't met. The rest go to church with me, including the host. It was great and I was real comfortable! I recently requalified, this was my 2nd cooking show since I went inactive June 05 the other was my sis, so I was a little nervous but am happy with the way it went. The girls there were real positive and helped build my confidence back up.

pamperedwendy said:
It was nice. Only one of the ladies, I hadn't met. The rest go to church with me, including the host. It was great and I was real comfortable! I recently requalified, this was my 2nd cooking show since I went inactive June 05 the other was my sis, so I was a little nervous but am happy with the way it went. The girls there were real positive and helped build my confidence back up.

Welcome back...you'll be fine, just hang in there!!:D :D

YES, it has definately hurt my sales and perhaps it us b/c of the "so-so" items featured as the guest specials. I think we should all email the company, maybe the solution center, and politely complain b/c they so often seem to be looking for our feedback. I'm personally not sure who exactly to email but i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find out. Hopefully, the sales trends will tell them that the $60 is just not working.

Everybody at our last party ordered at least $60 to get the small batter bowl, but that did not happen with the ICSM.

strasfamily said:
Everybody at our last party ordered at least $60 to get the small batter bowl, but that did not happen with the ICSM.
Same for me! I know the QuickStir will be a hit, too.

Jenny: In the email, I would let them know exactly the way you feel, that while all the products are great and you know the value, many of your customers didn't see it in the ICSM. They can't fix it if they don't know, and if they just hear from me, well.... LOL

Hi this is my first time here and June was my 1st month . I thought the icsm was a unwanted item and no one bit on that item, I agree about batter bowl and some other items

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Rebeccascabinet
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies