• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

August Show Exchange for New Products?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of exchanging products for a customer from an August show and selecting new products from the September catalog. It is clarified that customers have 30 days from the shipping date to return any product, but the option to exchange for new items is limited to items available at the time of the original purchase. There is also a discussion about a customer wanting to return the Ultimate Mandolin and exchange it for new products, and the limitations and potential issues with this. The use of PamperedPartner to submit a show is also mentioned, with the issue of a show already existing on the server. Suggestions are requested for this problem.
jennyl
Does anyone happen to know if I can do an exchange for a customer from an August show and let her pick the new products that we added in September? I'm calling HO to ask about it but thought I'd throw the question out here too.

Thanks.

She has 30 days from shipping date to return any product.

ljeffries said:
She has 30 days from shipping date to return any product.

I thought that was just for PC to pay for the return. I thought that they could return any product for replacement, exchange or refund for one year???

I was making the assumption that the host wanted to return something she bought in August just so she could get something new from September. If that's the case, I would also make the assumption that she would not want to pay to ship something back.
BUT - you know they say never assume!

Yes, she can do it and pay the difference for the new item.

wow I didnt know that...was it a host?

I tried this once and I couldn't do it. She can only exchange something that was current at the time she bought it. So basically she can't get anything that was brand new to the fall catalog. Her only choice is to RETURN the items and then re-order the new ones.

This happened when someone ordered our old pastry brush a month before we came out with our current one. She wanted to exchange it and PC said no... the red one wasn't available at the time of her original order.

Hope that helps!

I concur with Colleen. I recently exchanged a Santoku for a gal and she was using the current catalog (the spring/summer) to select items she wanted in exchange. 2 items were new and had not been available when she purchased teh Santoku.

I got a snappy little reply from home office going into long detail about how the items for exchange had to be in the catalog she originally purchased from.

So, yes, she can still exchange but she can not get new items from the new catalog.

I can actually see PC's point on this....hosts especially could easily use their free dollars to get stuff they didn't really want and then try to "work the system" to get the new stuff they had their eye on. I DO think that PC could do a better job of communicating this limitation on exchanges but it is probably buried somewhere in the fine print.

Thanks for all of the replies. I had a customer that wanted to return the Ultimate Mandolin in exchange for some new products (she wasn't happy with the UM). I pointed her to my website to pick out what she wanted to exchange for. It turns out she didn't pick anything new, so I was ok there. But glad to hear the replies for future reference.

Help?!I am using PamperedPartner to submit a show and it keeps saying that I can not submit show that it already exists on server. . . .How can this be? I haven't submitted it?. . . . Any suggestions?

What is the August Show Exchange for New Products?

The August Show Exchange for New Products is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef where consultants can trade in older products for new ones at a discounted rate.

How does the August Show Exchange work?

To participate in the August Show Exchange, consultants must hold a cooking show in August and have a minimum of $600 in sales. They can then choose up to $600 worth of new products at a 20% discount by trading in older products.

What products are eligible for the August Show Exchange?

Most Pampered Chef products are eligible for the August Show Exchange, with the exception of some discontinued or limited edition items. A list of eligible products can be found on the Pampered Chef website.

Can I use my August Show Exchange credit towards host rewards?

No, the August Show Exchange credit cannot be used towards host rewards. It can only be used towards the purchase of new products at a discounted rate.

Is there a limit to how many products I can trade in for the August Show Exchange?

Yes, there is a limit of $600 worth of products that can be traded in for the August Show Exchange. The credit cannot be used towards the purchase of additional products or combined with any other promotions or discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• catlwilles
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • jennyl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76