• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You On Someone's Ignore List? Just Wonderin'!

In summary, there is no way to know if you are on someone's ignore list. People may talk about it, but there is no definitive way to tell. If you are on someone's ignore list, you will not see any of their posts, threads they start, receive PMs from them, or have to deal with their comments. However, you may see a header or quoted text from them if someone else mentions or responds to them. Some people may worry about being on someone's ignore list because they want to be liked by everyone, but ultimately it is not important and should not affect one's self-worth.
jrstephens
Do you know if you are on someone ignore list? Just wondering with all the talk about about it. I do not think I would be but you never know!

And since I have never ignored anyone, I did not know if they knew you put them on it.

Well, I can tell you you're not on my ignore list. I wouldn't have seen your post:D . I don't think you can tell if you're on someone's though.

dianevill said:
Well, I can tell you you're not on my ignore list. I wouldn't have seen your post:D . I don't think you can tell if you're on someone's though.

haha! thanks!

I do not know why I would be on anyone's list. But was kind of curious with people talking about ignore list this weekend of others new they were being ignored. If I was ignoring someone I would want them to know, personally.

You're sooo not on mine:)

There is really no way to tell if you are on anyone's iggy list. If you put someone on your iggy list, you will...
  • Not see any of their posts
  • Not see any threads they start
  • Not receive and PM's from them
  • Not have to put up with their drivel any longer

If someone on your iggy list makes a post, you only see a header and the phrase: "This message is not visible because user Wicked Witch is on your ignore list."

If someone quotes them in their reply, you will see the ignored text in the quote box.

If someone on your iggy list sends you a PM, you see nothing at all. They do not receive notification that they are on your iggy list, their message just goes into the Bit Bucket and they think you just never answered them.

Which you wouldn't do if you were ignoring them anyway.

JR: You're not on mine! I can't see why anyone would put you on!

So do their threads not even show up in the list? Or in the forum list does it say something? Now I'm goign to have to 'ignore' someone just to see how it all works. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If someone on your iggy list sends you a PM, you see nothing at all. They do not receive notification that they are on your iggy list, their message just goes into the Bit Bucket and they think you just never answered them.

So you could just send EVERYONE a PM and ask for a response, and if they don't respond, then you'd know:eek: :rolleyes:

Why would you even give a rat's behind if you were on someone's iggy list? If they don't care for you, why would you care for them?

Personally I have always irrationally felt that I want everyone to like me. Even people I don't like. I know, it's crazy.

britishchef said:
Personally I have always irrationally felt that I want everyone to like me. Even people I don't like. I know, it's crazy.

That's not crazy! It's called human nature.

It's a female thing! :)
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Why would you even give a rat's behind if you were on someone's iggy list? If they don't care for you, why would you care for them?

You are too funny! I understand where you are coming from and once again you've made me grin... but you won't understand... it's a female thing that we worry WAY too much about what other people think of who and what we are.. instead of knowing we are okay... just because we are us. :) I'm learning and PC has helped me tremendously to believe in myself.

quiverfull7 said:
You are too funny! I understand where you are coming from and once again you've made me grin... but you won't understand... it's a female thing that we worry WAY too much about what other people think of who and what we are.. instead of knowing we are okay... just because we are us. :) I'm learning and PC has helped me tremendously to believe in myself.

You put into words what I was thinking but was unsure how to say. I have to admit, I had a few posts on "THE THREAD" but I would hate to think I offended anyone. My comments were on both sides of the situation since I HATE to think there was anything intentional done. Again, part of that woman thing! We just WANT to trust, ya know? And be liked! Then add some hormones, OH MY!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Again, part of that woman thing! We just WANT to trust, ya know? And be liked! Then add some hormones, OH MY!
Ha! Yes, what a lovely recipe that is. :) That made me laugh.:D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There is really no way to tell if you are on anyone's iggy list. If you put someone on your iggy list, you will...
  • Not see any of their posts
  • Not see any threads they start
  • Not receive and PM's from them
  • Not have to put up with their drivel any longer

If someone on your iggy list makes a post, you only see a header and the phrase: "This message is not visible because user Wicked Witch is on your ignore list."

If someone quotes them in their reply, you will see the ignored text in the quote box.

So, if you're ultimately going to see their posts via other people quoting them, what's the point of putting them on your ignore list in the first place?

quiverfull7 said:
... but you won't understand... it's a female thing that we worry WAY too much about what other people think of who and what we are.. instead of knowing we are okay... just because we are us. :)

Yep, yep, yep!! I totally agree!

So you don't feel tempted to respond?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I really am not "concerned" with it ( I hope that does not sound mean), but I would like to know who they are if I was ever ignored. And if I ever ignore anyone myself I would want them to know - what is the point if they do not know they have offended you is my thing. If I did not like someone I would want them to know to give them something to think about maybe!!!:D But that has always been my personality - if I do not like you, you will be the first to know! ha!:eek: That way there is no pretense between you of "acting" like you do!

Does this sound awful?:eek:

dannyzmom said:
So, if you're ultimately going to see their posts via other people quoting them, what's the point of putting them on your ignore list in the first place?
If they're that much of a pariah, everyone will put 'em on iggy and then no one will see them. That said, sometimes, it's kind of interesting to see what kind of drivel they post in a thread. If I care, I can look at an individual post. Otherwise, if they're quoted, there's no rule that says I have to read the quote.

The quotes are far more rare than the original posts, anyway. Often, people that dumb are only quoted by other equally dumb people that also happen to be on my iggy list.

jrstephens said:
I really am not "concerned" with it ( I hope that does not sound mean), but I would like to know who they are if I was ever ignored. And if I ever ignore anyone myself I would want them to know - what is the point if they do not know they have offended you is my thing. If I did not like someone I would want them to know to give them something to think about maybe!!!:D But that has always been my personality - if I do not like you, you will be the first to know! ha!:eek: That way there is no pretense between you of "acting" like you do!

I think that sounds "REAL!"

jrstephens said:

I suspect the Wicked Witch and her Flying Monkeys know they're on my list.

And I don't really give a ratsass.

Can you ignore yourself?Hmmm....let's see if we can turn this one into a philosophical discussion...

No, but you might have read (elsewhere, like the joke thread) that Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Can I get you a beer?"Descartes says, "I think not," and POOF! he disappeared.

BWAHAHAHA....normally I don't laugh out loud, but my cats are now looking weird at me for my outburst!

?
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, but you might have read (elsewhere, like the joke thread) that Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Can I get you a beer?"

Descartes says, "I think not," and POOF! he disappeared.

I'm too stupid to get this one... help!!!!!!!!! :)

Actually, he disappeared when I put him on my iggy list.

I guess I am on of those "rare" ones that wouldn't care. Like KG said, "If they don't care enough to be talking to you.... Why worry?"

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Actually, he disappeared when I put him on my iggy list.

Now that part ... I understand! It's okay... Jokes escape me lots of times... I'm born blonde and there is no 12 step program that will work ... sometimes I rise above... I try! ;)

quiverfull7 said:
I'm too stupid to get this one... help!!!!!!!!! :)

Descartes was the one credited with the phrase "I think, therefore I am."

Iggy Pop?shmassin frackin too short rule...grrr

It's a bit disturbing when your pets look at you like you're insane. Isn't it?

It's even worse when they start talking to you.

SillyChef said:
This message is hidden because SillyChef is on your ignore list.

Just kidding. You're not on it.

raebates said:
It's a bit disturbing when your pets look at you like you're insane. Isn't it?
Mostly it's disturbing because you can't fool your pets.

What are you trying to say, KG?

Pretty tough to fool those circle flies.

cmdtrgd said:
Descartes was the one credited with the phrase "I think, therefore I am."

THANK YOU! I feel better now! Really ... I do! Thanks!

jrstephens said:

Not at all. It sounds like someone who is authentic and genuine...I like those qualities in a person :)

Cogito, ergo ZOOM! (I think, therefor I drive fast)Sum ergo cogito - I am, therefore I think. --Ayn Rand

Laughter is such good medicine...between this thread and the ongoing humor one... I'm ready to fold laundry... and believe me... I need to be inspired to do that dumb job!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks y'all!

I am sorry but I am cracking up here. That horrible thread that went on for days and got everyone so upset is still bothering people. Everyone is worried now that they are on KG's ignore list. I am laughing because when I saw what KG said I thought to myself " am I on his list to be ignored". So much drama!

I haven't noticed that neither the Wicked Witch of the West nor the Wicked Witch of the East, nor any of the Flying Monkeys, are in the lounge today.Of course, if they are and started a thread, I didn't see it.

Hey KG, you are almost at a PINK star!

And I'm not too far behind!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I haven't noticed that neither the Wicked Witch of the West nor the Wicked Witch of the East, nor any of the Flying Monkeys, are in the lounge today.

Of course, if they are and started a thread, I didn't see it.

Sorry just got home from school, that is why I have not been on yet today. Not that you can read this KG But I thought we were going to be adults and let this drop so we can get the forum back to a "happy" place?

nikkijo said:
Sorry just got home from school, that is why I have not been on yet today. Not that you can read this KG But I thought we were going to be adults and let this drop so we can get the forum back to a "happy" place?

Hey Nikki! Welcome home and back!

For the love of pete!!!
nikkijo said:

Could we all just get over OURSELVES already!! Who cares!!

NO NO NO!!! We will not go there today. Moooouuuusssssaaaaa...

Happy thoughts! Go to that happy place.

jrstephens said:

I don't think you're mean at all! I am the same way. I can't do the politics thing and pretend to like someone. That would mean putting up with them.

I haven't seen anyone either. They started trouble and took off. There is certainly a permanent rift because of it. Friends against friends. Its sad.

Greg,

PLEASE close this thread!!!!!

<h2>What is an "ignore list"? </h2><p>An "ignore list" is a feature on some messaging platforms or social media sites that allows users to block or ignore messages from specific individuals. This means that any messages or notifications from those individuals will not appear in the user's inbox or feed.</p><h2>Can I tell if I am on someone's ignore list?</h2><p>No, there is no way to know for sure if you are on someone's ignore list. It is a private feature and the user who has blocked you may not want you to know.</p><h2>How do I know if I have ignored someone?</h2><p>If you have actively chosen to ignore someone, you will usually receive a notification or confirmation that you have successfully ignored them. However, if you are unsure whether you have ignored someone, check your settings or contact the platform's customer support for assistance.</p><h2>What happens when I ignore someone?</h2><p>When you ignore someone, you will no longer receive any messages or notifications from them. They may still be able to see your profile and posts, depending on the platform's privacy settings.</p><h2>Can I remove someone from my ignore list?</h2><p>Yes, you can usually remove someone from your ignore list by going to your settings or privacy options and selecting the option to unblock or unignore them. Keep in mind that they may still have you on their ignore list, so you may need to communicate with them directly to resolve any issues.</p>

What is an "ignore list"?

An "ignore list" is a feature on some messaging platforms or social media sites that allows users to block or ignore messages from specific individuals. This means that any messages or notifications from those individuals will not appear in the user's inbox or feed.

Can I tell if I am on someone's ignore list?

No, there is no way to know for sure if you are on someone's ignore list. It is a private feature and the user who has blocked you may not want you to know.

How do I know if I have ignored someone?

If you have actively chosen to ignore someone, you will usually receive a notification or confirmation that you have successfully ignored them. However, if you are unsure whether you have ignored someone, check your settings or contact the platform's customer support for assistance.

What happens when I ignore someone?

When you ignore someone, you will no longer receive any messages or notifications from them. They may still be able to see your profile and posts, depending on the platform's privacy settings.

Can I remove someone from my ignore list?

Yes, you can usually remove someone from your ignore list by going to your settings or privacy options and selecting the option to unblock or unignore them. Keep in mind that they may still have you on their ignore list, so you may need to communicate with them directly to resolve any issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Laura420
  • General Chat
Replies