• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Going to Friend's for Dinner, Not Sure What to Bring...

In summary, Keith and his family had a great time at dinner with an acquaintance they met through work. Keith brought a hostess gift of flowers and the acquaintance was surprised and grateful.
AJPratt
Silver Member
My family and I are going to an acquaintance's for dinner. I don't know him very well, but I work with him and we really hit it off. I have met his wife and kids and they, too, are just great people. Please forgive my ignorance, but they are Indian (Hindu) and I am not sure what to take with me. He is telling me to bring nothing, but I never go anywhere empty-handed. Would I be offending them if I brought something? If not, what should I bring?

If the host is telling you not to bring anything, I wouldn't take food. They may get offended. If you really feel you want to take something, maybe call and ask again if you could bring a dessert or something to drink.

I agree. Don't bring food. The host may read it as, "Well I brought something I made in case your food wasn't good enough.", even though we know that's not your intention.If you want to bring something, bring a hostess gift -- a bottle of wine or a small bouquet of flowers, perhaps.

Or a RUFTH trivet or other such PC host(ess) gift.

ETA: Well on second thought I wouldn't want them to think I was pushing my product on them. If you've talked about PC with them and they've mentioned something they like I think that would be okay but otherwise maybe not such a good idea after all.

Thanks, everyone!!! You are all kind of thinking what I was!Keith: LOVE the bouquet of flowers!!!

So, we had a great time at dinner! I didn't know what to expect, so I was a little nervous since we had Mary with us. I laughed to myself because Uday had made marinara sauce with pasta and some vegetables on the side. Everything was delish.

I took the bouquet and it was a hit!

1. What is an appropriate dish to bring to a friend's dinner party?

It's always a good idea to ask your friend if they have any dietary restrictions or preferences before deciding on a dish to bring. Some safe options include a salad, appetizers, or a side dish. You could also offer to bring a dessert or a bottle of wine.

2. How much food should I bring to a friend's dinner party?

This will depend on how many people are attending the dinner party and how much food your friend is already planning on serving. As a general rule, it's better to bring more than less to ensure there is enough for everyone. Aim for enough to feed 2-3 people per dish you bring.

3. Should I bring a host/hostess gift in addition to food?

It's always a nice gesture to bring a small gift for the host or hostess, but it's not necessary. Some good ideas for host/hostess gifts include a scented candle, a potted plant, or a box of chocolates.

4. Can I bring store-bought food to a friend's dinner party?

Absolutely! Not everyone has the time or skills to make homemade dishes, and your friend will appreciate any contribution to the meal. Just make sure to properly reheat or cook the store-bought food before arriving at the dinner party.

5. How can I make sure my dish stays warm during transportation?

To keep your dish warm during transportation, you can wrap it in foil and then place it in an insulated bag or container. You could also use a slow cooker or warming tray if you have one available. Just make sure to let your friend know if you'll need to reheat the dish once you arrive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • GourmetGirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies