• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adding Friends on Social Media: How Does it Work?

You can still see us on the main...Yes, I'm talking to you. You should see a plus (+) next to my name when I'm logged in. When you add someone as a contact, they'll be in your list of contacts (under User CP > networking > contacts and friends). To make them a friend you need to send a friendship request. If/when they accept it, the system adds them to your friends list and you to theirs.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I don't completely understand this feature. What's it used for?

When someone sends me a 'friend' request and I accept it, does it automatically add me as a friend on their side too or do I need to do that part myself?

I have accepted everyone who has sent me a request, so let me know if I'm already on your side. I'm not ignoring you - I'm just lost here :)

I was wondering the same thing Linda!??

They're like baseball cards - collect 'em all, trade 'em, sell 'em or swap 'em and when the season is over, the one with most, wins.Go look at your profile page.

I had to ask the same question of one of our techie gurus! If someone is a friend, you'll see a little '+' next to their name when they are on line. There's probably other features too but I'm too much of a dweeb to know what they are! :blushing:

Okay, I still don't 'get' it, but I'll go with it.

Basically it's just a popularity contest then, right? Or, does it make my life easier with some sort of short-cut something or other?

So, in order to complete this friendship circle do I need to individually request these same people as my friend or is that taken care of when I accepted their friendship invitation? I'm not dissing any of you all, I just don't understand the proper protocol here. I think you know that you are my friends w/o me having to send you an invitation. However! I will get around to it, I just don't have time right now. In the meantime I still love ya'll!

Whatever Linda!!:balloon:

Just kidding! I just had to give you a hard time.

I don't "GET" it either, I was playing earlier and thought it was fun!

Kristi, does that mean you really don't want to be my friend? :cry:

pamperedlinda said:
Kristi, does that mean you really don't want to be my friend? :cry:

Not at all. Of course I want to be your friend!!:)

Linda...when people have "invited" me to be a friend, I think I clicked on the square that said friend, so that they I accepeted the invite to be THEIR friend, and then it automatically makes them MY friend.

Not sure if I quite get it, though.

Good. I thought I was the only clueless one. I, too, would like to know how it helps on this site.

I'm lost too... I have no friends, it says it's empty. :(

When you add someone as a contact, they'll be in your list of contacts (under User CP > networking > contacts and friends). To make them a friend you need to send a friendship request. If/when they accept it, the system adds them to your friends list and you to theirs. The simple benefit of having a friend is that you see a plus (+) next to their name when they're logged in. But you can also see a list of all your contacts and friends by going to Quick Links > Contacts and Friends. That will open another window with your contact/friend list, and indicators if they're online. Within that window, you can check off all or some of those users and send a PM.

I accepted your request, so you should have one. :)

chefann said:
When you add someone as a contact, they'll be in your list of contacts (under User CP > networking > contacts and friends). To make them a friend you need to send a friendship request. If/when they accept it, the system adds them to your friends list and you to theirs.

The simple benefit of having a friend is that you see a plus (+) next to their name when they're logged in. But you can also see a list of all your contacts and friends by going to Quick Links > Contacts and Friends. That will open another window with your contact/friend list, and indicators if they're online. Within that window, you can check off all or some of those users and send a PM.

Another bonus is that you can add picture albums but restrict them to your friends. That way if Hannibal Lecter logs in, he can't see the pictures of your family.

chefann said:

Are you talking to me? Because I didn't know I sent any requests. Geeze I am so LOST!

chefann said:
.....The simple benefit of having a friend is that you see a plus (+) next to their name when they're logged in. ......

This doesn't do a darn thing if someone is flying around in stealth mode...

pamperedlinda said:

You can still see us on the main screen...just not on the threads...

chefann said:

YES!!! I went nuts with that thing, I felt so needy asking people to be my friend. :) Thank you all!!! I like!

pamperedlinda said:

a_takethatfoo.gif

janetupnorth said:
You can still see us on the main screen...just not on the threads...

Which main screen are you talking about? I think you are invisible everywhere. The only way we know you are on is when you decide to speak up.

Stealth mode is invisible all the time, everywhere. I think Janet's a little confused because when in stealth, one's own ID shows up on the main page with an asterisk. But nobody else can see it.

Whoa, harsh... to the right of the friendship list it says "break friendship!" So if someone is missing all of a sudden.... :( :)

chefann said:
Stealth mode is invisible all the time, everywhere. I think Janet's a little confused because when in stealth, one's own ID shows up on the main page with an asterisk. But nobody else can see it.

Ah! That is EXACTLY what I thought - that you could see it there...thanks for clarifying that you can't. :)

Related to Adding Friends on Social Media: How Does it Work?

1. How do I add contacts and friends to my Pampered Chef account?

To add contacts and friends to your Pampered Chef account, log in to your account and click on the "My Account" tab. Then, click on the "Contacts and Friends" tab and select "Add New Contact" or "Add New Friend". You can then enter their information and save it to your account.

2. Can I import my contacts from another platform to my Pampered Chef account?

Yes, you can import contacts from other platforms such as Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo to your Pampered Chef account. To do this, go to the "Contacts and Friends" tab and click on "Import Contacts". Follow the prompts to select the platform and import your contacts.

3. How do I view my contacts and friends on my Pampered Chef account?

To view your contacts and friends on your Pampered Chef account, go to the "Contacts and Friends" tab and click on "View All Contacts" or "View All Friends". This will display a list of all your contacts and friends and their information.

4. Can I edit or delete contacts and friends from my Pampered Chef account?

Yes, you can edit or delete contacts and friends from your Pampered Chef account. To do this, go to the "Contacts and Friends" tab and click on the contact or friend you want to edit or delete. Then, click on the "Edit" or "Delete" button to make changes.

5. How do I use my contacts and friends for Pampered Chef events and parties?

You can use your contacts and friends for Pampered Chef events and parties by sending them invitations through your account. Go to the "Contacts and Friends" tab and select the contacts or friends you want to invite. Then, click on the "Send Invitation" button and follow the prompts to send the invitation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • ms_twana
  • General Chat
Replies