• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook Friend - Guess Who??????

IIn summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker receiving a friend request from someone they used to communicate with on a different platform, but had a falling out with. They are considering whether to accept the request and are worried about potential drama and recruitment. They also discuss the privacy settings on Facebook and the option to block someone. The conversation ends with the speaker deciding to ignore the request and keep their Facebook experience pleasant.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
So - most of you know that I ventured into the FB world recently - it's kinda cool over there and I'm still trying to figure it all out. But....guess who I got a friend request from????? Remember LW? :eek: I saw her on Gillian's friend list, so that must be the link. What happens if I don't 'friend' her? I really did like her, until all the crap started and she got a little testy and sneaky on CS. She used to email and PM me on occasion, but I haven't heard from her since that cards thing blew up. I think it's odd that she sent me a friend request. And, if I friend her, will she start recruiting all my fb friends and start some more crap? So, if I ignore the friend request, will it just go away?

I'm still trying to figure out this whole facebook spider-web. I can see tons of conversations between those that I have friended and their friends that are not on my friends list - I'm guessing that she can now see the same thing? She won't be able to friend my friends w/o me accepting her - right...geeze, this sounds so much like jr high school :rolleyes:

btw, I'm Linda Child (lindachild at bellsouth dot net) on fb - if you want to be my friend :)

Linda, if you are set to private she won't be able to see your stuff. She won't have access to your friends or your wall.

Linda,
if you hit ignore it will go away.....I just checked your profile & it's private so she can't view your friends unless you accept the invitation...

Wow, I'm kinda amazed she contacted you (not that you aren't a great friend!). But do you think she's looking for leads? Sorry to be so cynical, but after what happened last time....

FWIW - She's one of my "friends" and she does promote PQ and the card thing in her status updates but has never done more than that nor has she ever contacted me directly.

legacypc46 said:
Wow, I'm kinda amazed she contacted you (not that you aren't a great friend!). But do you think she's looking for leads? Sorry to be so cynical, but after what happened last time....

I don't know. Like I said, I did like her on CS when she was a PC consultant. We communicated with each other several times outside CS, but when the PQ and then the cards thing went down, she got a little snippy. After rereading her posts over there I did see that she was working us and teasing with PQ recruiting - I wasn't sure after that if she was sincere or using me. KWIM. I just didn't feel comfortable anymore. I never answered her emails after that either.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. I saw that she has @ 6 other PC friends on her list that we have in common.

Debi said:
FWIW - She's one of my "friends" and she does promote PQ and the card thing in her status updates but has never done more than that nor has she ever contacted me directly.

Thanks Debi. That's good to know.

Several people that I know and respect are also her friends. Am I being too cautious and critical?

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks Debi. That's good to know.

Several people that I know and respect are also her friends. Am I being too cautious and critical?

Maybe. But if you do make her your friend, you can always go back and block her if need be. That may make you feel better.

Just ignore her Linda. Then you won't have to deal with it. Might as well just keep your FB a pleasant place to hang out. When I started on FB I added just about everyone who requested. I should've been more selective. Nothing happened, but some of the people I added keep proving over and over again how much they are not truly my friends.

Oh, I didn't know you could block!!

Chef Kearns said:
Oh, I didn't know you could block!!

Me either. If you block someone - will they get notified that they've been blocked?

and if you block someone then have a change of heart - can you unblock them?

pamperedlinda said:
Me either. If you block someone - will they get notified that they've been blocked?

I don't think so. I think it's just like Yahoo Messenger or something like that. Now don't ask me how to do it cause I don't remember but it's somewhere in your profile. lol!

pamperedlinda said:
and if you block someone then have a change of heart - can you unblock them?

Oh, I'm sure you can.

pamperedlinda said:

No... they won't be notified. They just won't be able to see you any longer in their list or find you in a search. When you go to remove them (under your list of friends... click the *x* on the right side)... a pop-up will come up and it says:

Remove friend?
Are you sure you want to remove *X* as a friend? This cannot be undone. *X* will not be notified.

Not sure if you can re-add them as a friend later on though...

HTH. :)

even if you friend her-Which don't if don't want too-you have no control on who she sends messages too on your list--EX--Hi Im friends with Linda--thought I would tell you about my biz????? Never know--go with your gut---

She sent me a friend request a while back, too - I just ignored it.

I'm catching up on posts since being gone awhile. Wow, she showed up there, too? I know it's a public place and all but I would hate to relieve the stuff on CS that's for sure.

I'm glad to know about the blocking stuff too on FB. Thanks! You never know, it could come in handy - not with anyone on here. :)

I just saw that she made a couple posts on Kelly's note about budget-friendly stuff she posted and commented about not being able to do that. Interesting that she called attention to it. I guess other people have too, but it sticks out more when she does it.:yuck:

I saw that too Becky

I saw it too. Annoyed the hell out of me.

The constant "winking" is what gets me.

DianeVill said:
The constant "winking" is what gets me.

That is too funny. Ok, I'm glad I wasn't the only one annoyed!

Guess it's a good thing I've ignored her friend request, she can't comment to me specifically.

Or, can she comment to me if I coment on a mutual friend? Still trying to figure fb out.

You would be able to see her comments (like on Kelly's post on FB) and she'd be able to see yours, but she couldn't see something that you specifically say on your "wall" or your status. But, yes, she could then comment to you if she sees your comment. Confusing enough??:)

Sounds like she has an awful lot of time and energy on her hands...wonder why she isn't putting it into her business. (meow)

(sorry, couldn't resist)

legacypc46 said:
Sounds like she has an awful lot of time and energy on her hands...wonder why she isn't putting it into her business. (meow)

(sorry, couldn't resist)

:love0010::love0010::love0010::love0010::love0010:

legacypc46 said:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

LOL !!!!
EXCELLENT point!!! :D

Ya'll are baaaaad!!!! LOL

I think she is probably regretting her decision...and she's addicted to us!

legacypc46 said:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

LOL!!!! OMG, I've NEVER heard Kirstin acting catty!!!!!

Debi said:
LOL!!!! OMG, I've NEVER heard Kirstin acting catty!!!!!

Nothing says you can't be nice and have claws at the same time (granted, I rarely show mine). ;)

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/tiere/animal-smiley-030.gif

HA! She just requested me as a friend! I put her on ignore. I don't need the hassle. She tried A LOT to recruit me on CS.

I doubt she'll try to friend me. :devil:

I doubt she'll friend me either. :rolleyes: (Of course, I'm not on FB yet, so its a moot point :blushing:)

I joined FB but have not been on it much. Any of you who have put in a friend request, be patient! If I do get time to get on it I then have to figure out what the hell I am doing!!!!:confused::eek:

she just asked to be my friend too! I hit ignore as well. I seriously don't have time to deal with her....

That's hilarious!! I doubt she'll request me either, but who knows. Funny!

What happens if I don't 'friend' her?

If you don't accept her friend request, she will not be able to see your profile or any of your posts. She will also not be able to contact you through Facebook unless you have mutual friends who can still see your posts and tag you in them.

Will she start recruiting all my fb friends and start some more crap?

If you accept her friend request, she will be able to see your friends list and may choose to send friend requests to them. However, you can control who can see your friends list in your privacy settings. As for starting more drama, that is up to her and how she chooses to use Facebook. You have the option to unfriend or block her if she becomes a nuisance.

If I ignore the friend request, will it just go away?

If you choose to ignore the friend request, it will remain in your notifications but will not be accepted. After a certain amount of time, it may automatically be deleted.

Can she see conversations between my friends and their friends who are not on my friends list?

If those conversations are set to public or friends of friends, then yes, she will be able to see them. However, if the conversations are set to private, she will not be able to see them unless she is friends with one of the people involved in the conversation.

Will she be able to friend my friends without my approval?

No, she will not be able to send friend requests to your friends unless you accept her friend request or if your friends have their privacy settings set to automatically accept friend requests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • pamperedlinda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • chefkathy