• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conquering Family Drama: My 2009 Resolutions

set...resolution. We're going to start making more time for each other and not just when we have things that we "need" from each other.
Laura420
Do you make resolutions? I never have. But I do want to try this year.

I am really gonna try to not let extended family get me down. :eek:

I hate gossipers and hate getting into peoples business, however, it seems like my SILs are all about that... :grumpy:

I really just want to turn the other cheek, ignore it all and hopefully not be hurt by the stupidness... :cry:

We will see! I know its kinda out of my control, but I will not allow myself to be included in any conversation that involes talking about others or someone elses private business. :p So there!

Laura, that is a challenging one, but a great one as well. It's amazing how much happier we can be when we don't let others get to us, but it is not easy!

Mine of course, will be to lose weight (isn't everyone's?). I always say this, but now I am more determined. I lost some over the summer and gained it all back. I know if I can just stay away from soda that will be a big step (so I guess that's another one!). However, I will be going to Arizona for a family reunion in March so now I am even more determined. My DH helped me rearranged our bedroom last week so we can now fit the treadmill in there. I think I will be more determined to get on it if it's in front of the tv (sad to say) instead of being in a corner in a spare room that we never go into. We'll see. I'm excited about it now, let's just hope it stays with me.

Good luck to you!

1. Lose weight (DH is SO going to be with me on this one...he's got the same resolution).
2. Ramp up my business so I don't have to find a full-time job outside of PC...we've hit a slump in our budget and need to reconfigure things for ourselves.
3. CLEAN MY HOUSE. I've been a packrat all my life, but my son is going to need his own room one of these days and my office is the only other bedroom in the house. So I'm going to make it a mission to clean the living daylights out of my house and find a way to optimize whatever space we have. It's not a filthy house, just a cluttered one.
4. Make it through the year without a visit to the ER. I know this seems silly, but I am cursed with the need for an ER visit just about every year. I just want to get through a year (or more!) without one! That includes DH and my kids too. :)

I resolve not to make any New Year's Resolutions.That way, I make it and break it in one, and get it all over with.

New Year = New out Look

2008 has been an awful year for me, and I am really looking forward to the new year.

Getting back on the exercise regimen track, losing and keeping it OFF ALL YEAR LONG! LOL

BETTER MY PC BIZ AFTER LEADERSHIP WITH 3-2-1!

sklay723 said:
1. Lose weight (DH is SO going to be with me on this one...he's got the same resolution).
2. Ramp up my business so I don't have to find a full-time job outside of PC...we've hit a slump in our budget and need to reconfigure things for ourselves.
3. CLEAN MY HOUSE. I've been a packrat all my life, but my son is going to need his own room one of these days and my office is the only other bedroom in the house. So I'm going to make it a mission to clean the living daylights out of my house and find a way to optimize whatever space we have. It's not a filthy house, just a cluttered one.
4. Make it through the year without a visit to the ER. I know this seems silly, but I am cursed with the need for an ER visit just about every year. I just want to get through a year (or more!) without one! That includes DH and my kids too. :)

I like #3 on here Katie. I should add that to my "list". DH and I were just looking around our house the other day at all of the "stuff" that we have and don't need. I'm off until Jan. 5, so I'm hoping to start cleaning out as well. I thought about putting some stuff on ebay because a lot of it is relatively new, but I may just take to the City Mission instead and know that I helped someone in need.

DH and I have once again made the goal to get fit. Since I earned the Miami trip, that is our short-term goal- to lose enough to not be embarassed in Miami. I also just sent my goals for my business to my director for 2009- they are to promote one of my first line to Director, increase 1st line to 15 (I wanted to put 20, then chickend out), level 3 of Disney trip, and $600 in sales for year. This is the 1st year I have had written down goals for my business. Also, DH and I also wrote down goals as well for the family for the year.

mrssyvo said:
$600 in sales for year

Hope that was a typo, Sue!

Let's see! I want to crank up my business so that I don't have to keep trying to find a job other than PC. I am aiming for Disney World in 2009 so I have to really work hard! With the problems with my back/knees, it's hard to sit or stand for long periods of time. I manage fine with booths when I'm busy or through a Show, but then I "pay for it" the next day with pain. I am also having a hard time with the cold and damp weather making me ache...must be my "old age" getting to me!

I also want to lose weight. My DD, SIL, and I are talking about doing some exercise at the local YMCA. I am looking into water aerobic classes since I can do "conventional" exercise with the back and hip problems.

I also want to spend more time in God's Word in 2009. I didn't spend as much time as I need to with that and feel that a lot of things in my life could have been better had I done so.

I also want to manage my finances better. As a beginning, my DD, SIL, and I are taking the Financial Peace University Class that is being offered at his work. We can all 3 go for the $150 price! Since I now live in their household, I am included as well!

I'm still working on my plan. (I don't make resolutions. I'm convinced that "resolutions" is Latin for "things I know I should do but don't have any real intention of doing for any length of time.")

So far my plan includes:

• Set and keep a schedule for doing a bit of cleaning each day so I stay on top of things. I'm busy enough to find great excuses for letting things go, which means I'm too busy to just let things go. :rolleyes:

• Set a schedule for each day (office hours, project hours, etc.), and do my best to stick to it. I have my fingers in many interesting pies, so I need to work my plan in order to keep up with each of them. The schedule will change from day to day, but a schedule will help. This is an expansion of last year's plan, which helped tremendously. (And, yes, my daily contacts were a part of that plan and will be on that daily 2009 schedule.)

• Keep a daily log of exercise, medications/supplements, and food eaten. Include notes about general energy level and health so I can track down any habits or foods that detract from my overall well-being.

I'll be sitting down this week to look over any other ideas to add to my plan for 2009.

Oops!!!! I meant $60,000 - wow, what a big difference!!!!

I think my resolutions will be rather simple.1. Get healthy. If that means loosing weight great.2. Increase my business, and make director by December 31.

I don't make them b/c I never remember keeping one.:D

1. What are some popular New Year's resolutions for 2009?

Some of the most popular resolutions for 2009 include eating healthier, exercising more, saving money, and learning a new skill or hobby.

2. How can I stick to my New Year's resolutions for 2009?

One way to stick to your resolutions is to set realistic and achievable goals. It's also important to have a plan and hold yourself accountable. Surrounding yourself with a supportive community or finding an accountability partner can also help you stay on track.

3. What products do you recommend for someone looking to eat healthier in 2009?

We have a variety of products that can help make eating healthier easier. Our vegetable spiralizer can turn vegetables into healthy and tasty substitutes for pasta, while our non-stick cookware makes cooking with less oil a breeze. We also have a range of kitchen gadgets that make meal prep quicker and more efficient.

4. Do you have any products that can help with saving money in 2009?

Yes, we have several products that can help with budgeting and saving money. Our food storage containers are designed to keep food fresh for longer, reducing food waste and saving you money. Our meal planning tools can also help you plan and budget your grocery shopping. Additionally, our cookware is built to last, reducing the need for frequent replacements.

5. What are some easy recipes I can try as part of my 2009 New Year's resolution to learn a new skill?

We have a variety of simple and delicious recipes on our website that are perfect for beginners. Our "Quick and Easy" section features recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less, such as our one-pot chicken and vegetable stir-fry. We also have a "5 Ingredients or Less" section for those looking for simplicity in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcmckay