• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ignoring Threads on Business Forums: Is It Possible?

In summary, Carolyn wants a way to make certain threads invisible. She also wants a way to rank the threads and pay for the feature.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
...you know how we can put certain people on IGNORE if we chose to? Well is there a way to make certain threads invisible?
I find there are so many WAY off topic threads and I can't help but peek at them and then it's like a train wreck and I can't pull myself away. Next thing I know I have wasted 1/2 hour I could have spent making CC calls. I would love a feature where we could take a thread that is not of any business-interest to us and mark it "ignore" - can we do that?

Carolyn, I think the ignore feature is called restraint...like the 5 cent pens...clearance packs of paper...you know RESIST the office supplies...resist the clicking on the thread...

Resist the Chef's Lounge... LOL!

Uh...come on now Janet...you know me well enough to know that I have ZERO self-restraint!!! LOL

My "ignore" is that I am now limiting the TIME I spend here. I know I only have a short time so I don't even click on threads that don't "speak" to me. It has helped a lot!

I've been trying to do the same thing Beth. I do occasionally get sucked in but I'm geting much better about dragging my eyes away and just closing my browser.

Oh, I'd love this feature too! There are several threads that are just in my way! I'd also like a way to personally rank the threads - you know the ones I'm most interested in watching/reading will always appear at the top. And the ones I'm less intersted in will be at the bottom of the list.

I'd even pay more for this feature!

I guess that would be a programming nightmare for Greg.

Carolyn-I am just not posting so much anymore. I don't like heated debates and I need to work my business.

chefkristin said:
I don't like heated debates and I need to work my business.
Me neither. That's why there are some threads that I know to stay away from.

We can create a 12 step program for you Carolyn!!! I have been so busy and trying to work my business too.
I too have learned to stay away from the areas where debates can get heated. I like this site for friendship and resources. I don't need anymore aggravation in life!! That is just too easy to find elsewhere!!

1. Is it possible to ignore or hide certain threads on business forums?

Yes, it is possible to ignore or hide certain threads on business forums. Most forums have an option to "mute" or "ignore" threads so that they do not appear in your feed or notifications.

2. Why would someone want to ignore threads on business forums?

Some people may want to ignore threads on business forums because they find the topic uninteresting or irrelevant to their business. Ignoring threads can also help declutter your feed and focus on more important discussions.

3. Will ignoring threads on business forums affect my participation or ability to view other threads?

No, ignoring threads on business forums will not affect your participation or ability to view other threads. You will still be able to participate in and view all other threads on the forum.

4. Can I undo or reverse the action of ignoring a thread?

Yes, you can usually undo or reverse the action of ignoring a thread on business forums. Simply go to your settings or preferences and uncheck the thread from your "ignored" list.

5. Are there any other alternatives to ignoring threads on business forums?

Yes, instead of ignoring threads, you can also use the "mark as read" option to quickly browse through and dismiss threads that do not interest you. You can also customize your feed and notifications to only show threads from certain categories or members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • cookingwithlove
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies