• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Guest Specials Commissionable?

In summary, the show total is $301, but the commissionable sales are only $257. The past host MHS is counted for the "guest sales" but is not commissionable.
mirandalea
I was entering the sales from my first show, and the show total is $301, but the commissionable sales are only $257. I haven't entered the host order yet, so the only thing I can think of is guest specials. Are they not included in commissionable sales?

The show total is the amount all together with tax and s&h and you do not get commission on those.

Duh! I knew that. Boy do I feel like an idiot.

I had to go and look to make sure that's what you were talking about, they have so many different totals I forget which one is which.

Guest specials ARE commissionable but the Monthly HOST special (MHS) is not. The past host MHS is counted for the "guest sales" but is not commissionable.

There are 3 totals on a show. Show total (total amount DUE including shipping and tax; guest sales (amount that counts toward the host benefits) and commissionable sales (the amount we get paid from).

I have always wondered why we don't get commission on the Host specials. Especially if it is someone coming to the party because they booked off their friend. I noticed they usually only buy the host special because they have already gotten a bunch of free stuff, and then we get nothing off of it.

mminikus said:
I have always wondered why we don't get commission on the Host specials. Especially if it is someone coming to the party because they booked off their friend. I noticed they usually only buy the host special because they have already gotten a bunch of free stuff, and then we get nothing off of it.
Well... we got a booking and all the sales from that booking. I have found that many times the past host didn't even invite the past host before. Some past hosts DO order other things becasue they want to use their 10% discount too.

Before we started with the host specials we have now, the host specials were ONLY for the host of the current show. Each month there would be different "levels" of free products the host would earn based on their sales. If they already owned these products, they didn't have an option to get anything else. Since they were earning "free" products, we didn't receive commission on the host special then...they are a special to the host (and now the bookings...) and that is why we don't receive commission.

We don't receive commission on half-price items or combos either...it is a host benefit.

I always make sure my hosts understand that their discount (15-30%) is UNLIMITED so take advantage of it now! (We DO get commission on that!)

It would be nice to get extra commission on these things, but I understand why we don't....we could be one of those direct sale companies who have to foot the ENTIRE host benefits ourselves!

:) :) :) :)

Please don't flame me!:D

Makes sense to me now!

boy the old system sure sounds complicated!! i'm glad i joined after the changes were made!!

I know I saw this somewhere before, but can the host order the guest specials (20% off the measuring tools) on their order? As part of their Free Product? Thanks in advance!:confused:

1. Are guest specials commissionable?

Yes, guest specials are commissionable for Pampered Chef consultants. This means that you can earn commission on the purchases made by guests at your parties.

2. How much commission do I earn on guest specials?

The commission rate for guest specials varies depending on your consultant level and sales volume. It can range from 20% to 31% of the guest special sales.

3. Do I need to sell a certain amount of guest specials to earn commission?

Yes, in order to earn commission on guest specials, you must reach a minimum sales volume of $150 in guest special sales. This can be a combination of your own purchases and guest purchases.

4. Can I use my own discount on guest specials?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can use your consultant discount on guest specials. This means you can save even more on your own purchases while still earning commission on the full guest special price.

5. How do I track my commission on guest specials?

Your commission on guest specials will be automatically tracked and calculated in your Pampered Chef account. You can view your commission earnings in the "My Business" section of your consultant portal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• britishchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
annew
Replies