• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question Between "Show Total" and "Guest Sales"

In summary, the conversation discusses the difference between guest sales, commissionable sales, and show total in relation to a $1000 show. The show total includes tax, shipping, round-up donations, and past host specials, while guest sales and commissionable sales refer to product sales before tax and shipping. The host must have $1000 in guest sales for the benefits of a $1000 show, and commissionable sales may be more or less than guest sales depending on discounts and past host benefits. Show sales refers to the total amount due for all orders, including products, shipping, tax, and round-up donations.
SummerG
I'm having either a blonde moment or lost brain due to pregnancy... I have a question that I can't seem to answer for myself.

I'm getting ready to turn in a Show order and these are the totals:
Guest Sales: $872.75
Commissionable Sales: $836.75
Show Total: $1001.73

I haven't added on the hostess's selection of free products, 60%, etc yet. So why is the difference between the guest sales amount and the show total amount so high? I just can't figure it out right now. Is it tax and shipping? Do I have a "$1000" Show?

Thanks!

Show total includes tax, shipping, round-up donations, and past host special (if purchased).Many people use Show Total for $1k show - so congrats!

Thank you Ann! :)

Yes, the show total is high due to the tax and shipping charges.
Guest sales = total product sales before tax and shipping.

It also looks like you had a past host order the host special. That counts towards guest total but not towards commissionable sales.

Sorry, I only consider $1000 in commisionable sales a thousand dollar show.

pclinskie said:
Sorry, I only consider $1000 in commisionable sales a thousand dollar show.
Me too (for consultant recognition). It has to be $1000 in guest sales for the host to get the benefits of a thousand dollar show.

I do give $1000 show recognition if it's guest sales but not quite enough commissionable though - it's not the consultant's fault that the past host benefit doesn't count - so I think she/he deserves that WOO HOO!

I have never heard of anyone considering the show total as counting since it's just the total amount due. If we did, I'd get to claim a lot more $1K shows!:cool:

Did we answer your original question?

Commissionable sales - what your commission percentage is based on (what YOUR total is for incentives and paycheck and in most cases recognition). It can be more than the guest sales if the host uses her 15-30% discount or less if the past host got the monthly special.

Guest sales - what the host benefits are based on (what your HOST's total is). It can be more than commissionable if the host from whom the show was booked ordered the monthly special.

Show sales - the amount due for all orders. Includes products, shipping, tax and roundup. (What everyone paid with checks, cash or credit card.)

What is the difference between "Show Total" and "Guest Sales"?

"Show Total" refers to the total sales from all guests at a Pampered Chef party. This includes both individual orders and party orders. "Guest Sales" specifically refers to the total sales from individual orders placed by guests at the party.

Which one should I focus on when hosting a party?

Both "Show Total" and "Guest Sales" are important to track when hosting a party. "Show Total" gives you an overall view of the success of the party, while "Guest Sales" allows you to see which guests made purchases and how much they spent. It is recommended to pay attention to both metrics to get a full picture of the party's success.

Can I see the breakdown of "Guest Sales" by individual guest?

Yes, you can view the individual guest sales under the "Guest Sales" section in the Pampered Chef consultant portal. This will show you which guests made purchases and how much they spent.

What if a guest places an order after the party ends?

If a guest places an order after the party ends, it will still count towards the "Show Total" but it will not be included in the "Guest Sales" as it was not placed during the party. However, you can still add the order to the party's total sales by manually entering it in the consultant portal.

Is there a way to track the average purchase amount per guest?

Yes, you can calculate the average purchase amount per guest by dividing the "Guest Sales" by the number of guests at the party. This will give you an idea of how much each guest spent on average at the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SummerG
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies