• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Frequent Shipping Errors Impacting Customer Satisfaction?

In summary, a garlic press and cutting board were missing from a show that was supposed to include them, and other items have been missing from previous shows. The customer has been call center with various issues, and now is dealing with broken boxes.
pchefkristin
Specifically, on adjustments or missing items?

I am so beside myself right now with the issues I have been having recently.
I swear, I am on the phone more with PC than anyone else over the last three weeks! UGH!

I had a show missing a garlic press. My host called me while I was in Wisconsin, so I did the adjustment by phone. What was supposed to be a Thanksgiving trip turned into a Fam emergency, so I was gone, without internet service for longer than I had anticipated.

Anyhoo, I get home and see that the garlic press shipped on November 28th to the host, not the guest who ordered it. Oh well, no big deal. So far, December 12th, that package has not arrived in Michigan. It has however gone from IL, to WI to OH to MI (briefly) back to OH then back to WI then to WAand then to CA! Now it sits in MO! World tour. So, in the mean time, they ship a second garlic press out... on the 8th, which will not arrive until the 16th?? HUH? So, I find this acceptable. It is going on a month now since the original show. I call on the 10th, where I am told that they are going to overnight a package to include the garlic press and a cutting board to my guest this time! YEAH! .... nope! BOO! No overnight delivery. So, I call again today to find out that it did not ship on Wednesday for Thursday delivery as promised. NOW it is shipped, and over night delivery will arrive on Monday the 15th. :grumpy: Yes, the customer, in all possibility will end up with 3 garlic presses and a cutting board... if any of it actually gets to her! UGH!

The gal tonight when I called asked what she could do for me... I gave her my guests name, and phone number and suggested they call and offer an appology. It is making me look bad, as if I am BS'ing my guest and not taking care of her issues. Plus she is a host of mine in January, and I do not want to put that in jeopardy as well, so they actually called my guest as soon as they got off the phone with me... certainly the very least they could do...
Maybe I am just stressing about all these crazy family/health issues going on and the thought of being in WI taking care of my grandparents instead of home with my family... but dang it all. I do not need this PC aggrivation right now.

Plus every single show last month and into this has had missing items. Not just one, but up to SIX on one show. Plus these wait times... OY! :mad:

Last edited:
Happy ENding- After 3 replacement lids for the ss bowls came as a cover for the large microcooker-then fix of the mistake was never shipped-then this week came 2,4, 4 lids no 8 lid. (Tonight I'm getting it resent out- they had keyed it in wrong ) Finally- this has been on going since October.

Pinch bowls missing from Aug show-were resent in September-mailed to host who moved didn't tell me-so PC resent this week- I received 2 mix and chops today. Called (again someone rekeyed it wrong) I even gave the item numbers

I get to keep the mix and chops as a "sorry gift"

I know what you mean! I am beginning to wonder what is happening with HO lately!

One of my recent shows had three items missing. Other than that, everything else seems good.But last year... don't even get me started! There was an issue with a broken trifle bowl and missing product that had me on the phone for 4 HOURS on a Friday night with HO trying to get something shipped out to make it to my host on time before the holidays.

This last week I have a whole show arrive wet and the stoneware boxes inside 2 of the boxes was wet too and I mean they were so weat you touch the box and you could make a whole in it. I have been experiencing some breaking and missing items as well.

Breakage and shipping damage would be a FedEx issue, not a PC issue in handling, but please make sure if you don't have time to call, e-mail customer service so they are aware of the issues.On the other issues, please make sure you detail what has happened when you call. If you have continuous problems, ask for a supervisor so they can possibly expedite help.PC has a lot on their plates and will do all they can. We were warned of the upgrades to the software in the call center, I'm sure we're still in a learning/debugging curve with it.Kindly report it and have a tad bit of patience.If they do something exceptional, I'm sure that would help their moral too through all this to let them know that!

On a postive note, I submitted a show on Thurs night, and I have box 1 of 3 delivered this morning (Saturday). I was shocked!!!

Janet, thank you for the reminder. I just emailed the solution center with an appreciative email since I called earlier and my adjustment was done quickly and professionally.

I have had items missing - extra items - and many breakages - some of which I can say was Fed ex because the box was damaged - others not so, the box was perfect and packed nicely but the item was broken (specifically the carafe!!), I had a trifle bowl with a big crack in it (box was perfect!!) and 2 12 cup muffin stoneware pieces split right in two - I do think some of these arrived in HO that way - they should check a little better - One shake and you know the carafe is busted!

I will say that I have been pretty lucky with the adjustments shipping out timely!

Even if the boxes don't look damaged, I still think some of it could be Fed Ex.

I only say this because it seems that the people who have to have things shipped farther, seem to have more problems with breakage. I get almost everything the day after it ships, and I rarely have any issues at all. I think I've had a cracked batter bowl lid, and one other broken item all during my very busy Fall schedule.

I had multiple breakage and the way the Trifle bowls were chipped tells me that it was not FedEx or the cracks, etc would be worse. Also multiple visible air bubbles all over the pedestals on 3 Trifle bowls had nothing to do with FedEx.

One of my Hospitality Clustermates said tonight that she got an order a few weeks ago that had $150 in product that was not hers. She promptly called HO and they told her for her honesty, to pick out any and all she wanted to KEEP! She said she sent about $45 worth back! That was very nice of them!

I do think they are working as hard as they can, but it is frustrating to me to sit and open each and every box from an order just to be sure nothing is cracked or broken!

pcchefjane said:
I had multiple breakage and the way the Trifle bowls were chipped tells me that it was not FedEx or the cracks, etc would be worse. Also multiple visible air bubbles all over the pedestals on 3 Trifle bowls had nothing to do with FedEx.One of my Hospitality Clustermates said tonight that she got an order a few weeks ago that had $150 in product that was not hers. She promptly called HO and they told her for her honesty, to pick out any and all she wanted to KEEP! She said she sent about $45 worth back! That was very nice of them!I do think they are working as hard as they can, but it is frustrating to me to sit and open each and every box from an order just to be sure nothing is cracked or broken!
One the first, I have to disagree...we ship 10-12,000 orders a day out of our facility. Do you realize how packages are really handled? Not in the truck, but at a hub? One solid bang on a divert in a hub can chip or crack. Just because it isn't crushed to pieces, doesn't mean it is one party or the other. Accidents happen. (I don't remember HO's totals this time of year but volume is similar).As for the air bubbles, I would definitely report that...that would be a product flaw. HO needs to know. You can only spot check items, not inspect every item. They may not have seen that yet.On the last point, I'd have to say that is our job or our host's job. That's why we have such great host benefits. I tell all my customers and hosts to check their items IMMEDIATELY so I can get any issues taken care of. HO reships very fast on stuff that arrived broken. My customers have not had an issue with it. It happens. On a recent show with LOTS of stoneware the only item that broke was a small bar pan. I entered an adjustment and had it shipped directly to the guest to save my host time. My customer was very happy.

I have had mess up after mess up, broken items, missing items, extra items. There has been some kind of issue with my last 8 shows once the boxes arrived, crazy.....:eek::eek:

Meredith - report your specifics too so they can figure out what is happening. With all the mix-ups there has to be a system issue.

janetupnorth said:
Meredith - report your specifics too so they can figure out what is happening. With all the mix-ups there has to be a system issue.

I will, I have a list I have been keeping and am going to send it in a letter.

I was surprised that my host wanted a new DCB because the lid had some dents in it. I called HO b/c there was no spot on the online adjustment to explain and all we needed was a new lid. The said she didn't have to return it and they sent her a new one. I have been surprised at how many things they don't require for a return OR they send a whole new batter bowl rather than just a lid, I had 4 people who ordered the "At your fingertips set" and the lotion was all oozing out and they sent a whole new set, just not a new lotion.... Doesn't seem cost effective to me.

Sometimes shipping the product is cheaper than postage back AND processing of the return. Sometimes a little customer service is more cost effective.

1. Why is my order taking longer than expected to arrive?

There are a few potential reasons for delays in shipping. First, please make sure you have allowed the full estimated delivery time for your package to arrive. This can vary depending on your location and the shipping method chosen. Additionally, there may be unexpected delays within the shipping carrier's network due to weather or other circumstances. If you have concerns about your specific order, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

2. How can I track my package?

Once your order has been shipped, you should receive an email with a tracking number and a link to the carrier's website. You can also log into your Pampered Chef account and view your order history to find your tracking information. If you are having trouble locating your tracking number, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. My package shows as delivered, but I have not received it. What should I do?

In rare cases, the shipping carrier may mark a package as delivered before it has actually been delivered to your address. We recommend waiting 24 hours to see if the package arrives. If it still does not arrive, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance. We may be able to track the package and provide more information on its whereabouts.

4. Can I change the shipping address for my order?

If your order has not yet shipped, we may be able to change the shipping address for you. Please contact our customer service team as soon as possible to request a change. If your order has already shipped, we are unable to change the shipping address and recommend contacting the shipping carrier directly to request a change.

5. My package arrived damaged. What should I do?

We apologize for any inconvenience if your package arrived damaged. Please contact our customer service team as soon as possible to report the issue. We may ask for photos of the damaged package and items for our records. We will work with you to find a suitable solution, which may include a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SusanPC