• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have Trouble Closing Catalog Shows?

In summary, the author suggests that if a catalog show goes missing, give a closing date and make sure to call the host to check in every week. The author has had two shows go missing and both ended up being cancelled.
nickywsn
I was just wondering if y'all have the same problem as I do. I have several catalog shows this month and they all got their host packet at the first of the month. It will be next week before I can get them to close out if I'm lucky. They all seem to think they have the whole month to do this! I'm in my 2nd SS month and I'm wanting to get credit for those sales so I can hurry up and get my bonuses! Anyone have any advice on how to avoid this in the future? I got the impression from several that they didn't even start trying to collect orders until this week!:(

I had a catalog show back last fall that went AWOL. Talked to her and her husband several times and never did a show out of it.

Ann

Yeah, I've had 2 so far that were duds.

What I do is give them a FIRM date that I plan on closing the show. Keep calling them to see what's going on...and let them know how many days are left...etc. Then, call the host the day before you want to close the show and let her/him know that the show is closing TOMORROW...and they need to get it together and you'll be calling them for finality tomorrow. Has worked so far for me.....good luck! Hope you get your bonuses!

I generally try to put it in terms of their friends and family. My wording is usually, "I would hate for them to have to wait too much longer for their products."

I know it's frustrating. Unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable parking myself outside their homes and stalking them until I get the closing. Thought about it a few times, though.

I give a closing date too, for all of my shows to help keep the host motivated.

As part of my Catalog Packet I put Start/Close Date on it and on the Host Planner so that they know (and I remind them during Host Coaching).

I love the "I'd hate for your guest to wait" wording!

Give your Hosts a call and let them know that they need to have their shows to you by Friday so you can ensure that they get sumbitted for the 28th, so if anyone ordered discontinued products you can make sure they're in on time.

I try to give them a short time frame, like two weeks. Inevitably, they end up pushing the date. Right now I have several going that were all supposed to close between the 10th and 15th (hope for the 22nd paycheck) and only one has closed so far.

I always give them a time line. I give them a date that I will call them to see how things are going, a date to call them tell them that there closing date is approaching and a closing date. Generally catalog shows take longer to rally up.

I do basically the same thing. I tell them I generally run a catalog show for two weeks so their friends and family don't have to wait forever. I tell them two, but plan on 3. Try to check in at least every week from their projected start date to see how things are going and to input whatever orders they have so they have an idea of where they are at towards reaching their goals.

Speaking of "goals", that is a great way to make sure they follow through. At the beginning, discuss with them what is on their wish list, and then how much money they want to spend. Tell them how much in sales they need to reach their goals...then, when you call to check in, you can tell them "You're doing great! So far, you have $______ towards your goal of $________ so you can get all the goodies you want! What can I do to help you reach that ultimate goal?"

Works really well. I have a catalog show that will close today at over $600!

I use the 2 postcards from Nancy's Artworks
thank you for scheduling a catalog show (you fill in the closing date) &
It's time to wrap it up. I send his one 1 week before the closing date, so they have a day or so to collect last minute orders/payment.
Teresa

I try to get a closing express show set. What I do is tell them that the best way to get great sales is to have a handful of friends over to help close the show. I'll bring the recipe - usually the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart completely made, but cooked at the host's house - and a few products for people to play with. Also, that will give them an extra $15 in free product because I can turn it into a Cooking Show.

Kate, I love that idea!!!

cmdtrgd said:
I try to get a closing express show set. What I do is tell them that the best way to get great sales is to have a handful of friends over to help close the show. I'll bring the recipe - usually the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart completely made, but cooked at the host's house - and a few products for people to play with. Also, that will give them an extra $15 in free product because I can turn it into a Cooking Show.

What an awesome idea! That's the main reason I hang out here...great ideas being shared and great people sharing!

Thanks!

nickywsn said:
I was just wondering if y'all have the same problem as I do. I have several catalog shows this month and they all got their host packet at the first of the month. It will be next week before I can get them to close out if I'm lucky. They all seem to think they have the whole month to do this! I'm in my 2nd SS month and I'm wanting to get credit for those sales so I can hurry up and get my bonuses! Anyone have any advice on how to avoid this in the future? I got the impression from several that they didn't even start trying to collect orders until this week!:(

I'm having the same problem, and I dont' want to be up all night trying to enter everything on the last day of the month! I'll be using all the hints already given to close these out better!

Give a closing date!It seems people who do catalog shows do want to take the whole month to gather orders and for the most part I usually am in no hurry to get them to close, BUT
when I want to earn an incentive that ends in the middle of the month or I want to get those shows over with so I can go on vacation or do something else with my time, I give them an incentive.
I get their shows all set up on my website, and I tell them that if they close in two weeks they will be entered into a drawing for ____________!
Choose whatever you want to give them. $10 more dollars in FREE products, a certain product, something you have at home that you don't use, etc...
I also let them know my situation and they tend to want to help me out. I also find out about their shows in advance so I can send them the packets really early. Let's say they signed up for a catalog show the first two weeks in March. I ask them if that is plenty of time and if they say "Well....I could use another week," or something like that, I mail them or give them the packet the last week of Feb.
Debbie :D

I haven't done a lot of catalog shows; however, I did use the Catalog Show Tic-Tac-Toe and it worked for a show I did in January. It has a "close show" date in the middle square! It worked for me. I have attached it. I can't remember if I got it from this site or not. If it was already here - sorry:)

Attachments

• Tictactoecatalogshows 2.doc
    28 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Rhonda I love the flyer, thanks for sharing!!:)

has anyone tried an incentive to closing on time? I know catty shows are more difficult to get the sales. So I offer an incentive to closing out "on time". Doesn't have to be much, I've even offered to put it through as a cooking show for the extra $15.

I have had several catalog shows without a problem. This month I have 2, but when I give them the packet I always tell them I need everything by whatever date. That way I don't have a problem closing it out. HTH!
April

I have a catty show going on since Nov.! I told her we need to close it out this week.!

I had one fall off the face of the earth this month. I have called a million times...different days, all different times of the day...left messages on answering machine and with her son...last night I decided I am done. I'm getting a VERY strong vibe that she is avioding me, so I'll make it easy for her and stop calling. Her loss...she's a past host who booked off of her own show...she's elligable for 4 stones at 60% off!!!

nickywsn said:

I'm having this same problem with my fundraiser! :(

Related to Anyone Have Trouble Closing Catalog Shows?

1. How can I improve my sales to close more catalog shows?

To improve your sales and close more catalog shows, it is important to have a clear understanding of the products and their benefits. Share personal experiences and genuine enthusiasm for the products with your customers. Also, make sure to follow up with potential customers and offer incentives for booking a show.

2. What can I do if a customer is hesitant to book a show?

If a customer is hesitant to book a show, try to address their concerns and provide reassurance. Offer to provide a free demonstration or sample of a product they are interested in. You can also offer to have a smaller, more intimate show with just a few friends to make it less intimidating for the customer.

3. How can I encourage customers to host catalog shows?

One way to encourage customers to host catalog shows is to offer incentives such as free products or discounts for booking a show. You can also emphasize the convenience of hosting a catalog show and how it allows them to earn rewards without having to clean or prepare for a traditional in-home show.

4. What should I do if a customer cancels their catalog show?

If a customer cancels their catalog show, it is important to follow up with them to understand the reason for cancelling. You can offer to reschedule the show for a later date or suggest hosting a virtual show instead. You can also offer to send them a catalog and order form so they can still make purchases from the comfort of their own home.

5. How can I make my catalog shows more engaging for customers?

To make your catalog shows more engaging, consider using interactive elements such as videos, quizzes, or polls. You can also offer fun and informative product demonstrations or share tips and recipes using the products. Encourage customer participation and make sure to follow up with personalized recommendations based on their interests and needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeighPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jennifer golden
  • chefshakeerah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • HealthNut