• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Seem to Make a Catalog Show Pan Out

In summary, the conversation is about strategies for successful catalog shows, with the participants sharing their experiences and tips. Some suggestions include always following up with potential hosts, promoting the convenience of shopping from home, giving a specific closing date for orders, and hand-delivering catalogs with personalized communication. Host coaching is also emphasized as an important aspect of successful catalog shows.
linojackie
I have had several catalog shows in the last few months, but after I send them the host packet, I never hear from them again. I try following up, I send emails, I call, I send postcards, and can't get any type of response. Is anyone else having this type of trouble? If so, what are you doing about it?

I'm the catty queen:) I have been selling PC for 3 years and 90% of my biz is catty shows.

Always give 1 catty, if they are serious then they will want more. I only hand out 3 max if they ask for more! I like to promote that it's hard to get everyone together and shopping from home curled up with a nice cup a tea is the way to go. I always give a date and stick to it.

I always hand deliver my "starter" catty. And explain that I am always available to answer questions. I then ask how they would like me to contact them, email or phone.
I call or email within 3 days to ask if there are any questions.
Within a week I email ideas for making a list of products the hosts wants for free. I also email copies of the host/guest special as a reminder.
I am very generous and give a month for all my catty shows. I let the host know that it is mandatory that they have all those orders in by the end of the month.

To be honest I don't really deal with any would be hosts who aren't excited about our products and the chance to get them for free. I don't like to be pestered so I don't run after people for their biz. HTH

I think host coaching is more important with catalog shows than with others. I remind all of my catalog hosts that they need to tell EVERYONE they are doing a show. Men, women, children (they have parents!), friends, family, acquaintances, strangers, and everyone else.I have one host who has done three catalog shows. One was just over $950. Two months later she had one at over $550. Her last one was over $1,000. She carries a catalog with her. She makes sure "The Pampered Chef" is sticking out of the top of her purse. Strangers have stopped her in the grocery store to place an order. I tell all of my catalog hosts about her.And, yes, before you ask, I'm doing my best to recruit her. Now just isn't the right time. When she's ready, she's mine.

Don't give up. When I first started I had 4+ that never happened. I was so discouraged. The first one that worked out was an $800+ show. :)

I also find that the catty shows are tough. I am implementing that every catty show gets 3-4 weeks ( I am telling them the closing date when I give them the catalogs) and I will NOT extend it anymore. I JUST got a catty show closed Thursday night that has been opened since MAY!!!! It wasn't even $150 the hostess had to place a customer order to get it to qualify. I closed it as an August show for the promotion.

When people ask how long they'll have, I tell them, "No more than 3 weeks. I've been doing this a while, and (1) the people who order at the beginning want to get their stuff, (2) more time than that never results in extra sales."I usually go on to tell them, "Think about it. If someone says you need to do something in the next month, you may or may not get around to it. If they tell you you need to do it by Tuesday, you'll go home and do it right away so you don't forget."

rennea said:
I'm the catty queen:) I have been selling PC for 3 years and 90% of my biz is catty shows.

Always give 1 catty, if they are serious then they will want more. I only hand out 3 max if they ask for more! I like to promote that it's hard to get everyone together and shopping from home curled up with a nice cup a tea is the way to go. I always give a date and stick to it.

I always hand deliver my "starter" catty. And explain that I am always available to answer questions. I then ask how they would like me to contact them, email or phone.
I call or email within 3 days to ask if there are any questions.
Within a week I email ideas for making a list of products the hosts wants for free. I also email copies of the host/guest special as a reminder.
I am very generous and give a month for all my catty shows. I let the host know that it is mandatory that they have all those orders in by the end of the month.

To be honest I don't really deal with any would be hosts who aren't excited about our products and the chance to get them for free. I don't like to be pestered so I don't run after people for their biz. HTH

Hey Catty Queen, That's amazing that 90% of your business are catalog shows. How do you make that work? I'm recently pregnant and was thinking I should learn how to get more catalog shows going to lighten the load during the rougher months. (Sorry to segway this topic a bit). Share your wealth of knowledge please! How do you set up so many catalog shows? And what are you statistics on these shows (aka, what are the sales averages)?

My catty shows really depend on the time of year. In Oct/Nov/Dec my averages are really good cause I really promote buying for Christmas. My summer months the average is only $200-300 average. My highest catty show has been $1012.00.

I have found that everyone around me in the beginning was all "home showed out". My best friend alone had 9 different shows in 2 years. Shopping here isn't the greatest so it used to be very popular. Now with Internet shopping being so popular here, catty shows really do have a market.

When I signed with PC it was basically for the discount, I never planned on staying around. That was 3 years ago!! If I was doing this "full" time I would do more cooking shows but this really fits me good. Everyone who knows me knows that I love to cook and that I LOVE PC and that is how most of my business has come to me. I have never begged for business and a lot of people have made comments that I am very easy to deal with, I NEVER push products on them and they are comfortable with that. I have so many regulars who purchase products once a month, I then put those into catty shows as well. I have always sold lots of oils, spices and even our hand soap. That keeps people coming back!! All my regulars receive a new catty at the beginning of the season.

A really great tip is I always get to "know" my customers. How do they cook? Do they use the microwave a lot? Do they bake? How big is there family and how busy are they? I actually keep a filing cabinet with this information so I can help them "purchase". I have all my regular customers at the beginning of the new selling season make a list of what they love and "just need" from the new catty. Most of them don't order it all at one time. I have one host that has had 7 catty shows with me alone just so she can collect everything she wants.

Ok I think I have rambled enough:blushing:

So the main question is, how do you find new hosts with a catty show? My director always says they are just fillers to help you boost sales. I have found that if I just do catty shows, they don't pan out and I run out of hosts because most of the time the customers wont even give their phone number.

I don't except an order from anybody that doesn't fill in their information. We can't give proper customer service without it!!

A lot of my customers have let there friends and families know that you can do catty shows, there super easy. I had a lady call me the other day cause her friend told her "you don't have to go through the hassle of cleaning your house and getting everyone together to earn free products"(I'm sending her friend a free season's best for the great plug)

It is how you approach catty shows. My main message to people is the ease of just collecting orders and I'll do the rest. I generally have shows shipped to my house, cooking or not. I like to be able to check products before hand and I always include fliers with the orders sending out my "message". I then take the orders done up to my hosts house for them to distribute.

PC really is still a "home party" company but this is what works for me. I have done several cooking shows and truthfully I don't enjoy doing them:blushing: Because I'm not a full time consultant I find that they are not worth my time. (please nobody bash me for saying that).

A high percentage of my shows are catalog shows, too. Once in a while you have your "duds" but the best ones are hosted by motivated people! I've had most of my catty shows go $300 to $500.

I'm busy and I think I attract busy people!

The last one I turned in only had $92 in orders ... I managed to make it qualify by collecting an order and turning in an order for myself.

I have two catalog shows pending ... one has been pending since July and the other has been pending for about a week ...

It is much harder to get bookings from these shows ... I tend to get them other places, including fairs. I really want to break out of the catalog show rut for this reason.

WoooooooooohoooooooooooooThings just might be beginning to look up finally! I have been away from the computer for the majority of the day, and when I checked my email, I found this in my inbox!

"I am sorry Jackie, I have been out of town. I had to go to WDC.

I am still planning on turning in the show, I have several orders. Is it possible to close the show next Friday? I have a few more people that I would lie to show the catalog to.

Sorry and Thanks again, Jan"

:D

Very cool, right? I'm totally stoked. Maybe I should go get on the phone?

1. Why am I not getting any orders from my catalog show?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure you are promoting your show to your friends, family, and social media contacts. Additionally, check that your host is actively following up with their guests and encouraging them to place orders. It's also important to offer incentives or rewards for guests who place orders during the show.

2. How can I increase my sales for a catalog show?

One way to boost sales is by offering special deals or discounts for catalog show orders. You could also try hosting a virtual party or cooking demonstration to engage with your audience and showcase the products in action. Another tip is to personalize your catalog show by sharing your own personal experiences with the products and how they have improved your cooking or kitchen routines.

3. What should I do if my host cancels their catalog show?

If your host cancels their catalog show, try reaching out to them to see if there is a specific reason for the cancellation. You could also offer to host the show yourself or find a new host to take their place. Another option is to turn the catalog show into an online party, where guests can place orders through a personalized link.

4. How can I make my catalog show more appealing to potential customers?

One way to make your catalog show more attractive is by creating engaging graphics or videos to promote it. You could also offer added bonuses, such as a free gift or product, for guests who place orders over a certain amount. Additionally, make sure to highlight the benefits and features of the products in your promotions to pique the interest of potential customers.

5. What should I do if I'm not seeing any sales from my catalog show?

If you're not seeing any sales from your catalog show, it's important to analyze your promotion and follow-up efforts. Make sure you are actively promoting the show and that your host is following up with their guests. You could also try offering a limited-time discount or deal to entice customers to place orders. It may also be helpful to reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for additional tips and advice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Bketchum
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies