• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Want to Slap a Host?

In summary, the customer received their products after the show and the host forgot to get them to the customer.
pcchris
Silver Member
I sent out an email asking people if they were interested in HWC...I got a response fromone of my customers stating "I never received my products from so-n-so's show, can you help?" SO, I checked with the host, and she said "Oh yeas, I forgot to get this stuff to her. Whoops". DUH?!?!!? This show was back in February!!!! :eek: So, I am running it out to her tomorrow after I pick it up from the host. I almost can't believe this! I want to slap the host in the head tomorrow when I go pick up this order! Has this ever happened to anyone else? Holy cow! :mad: I don't know why this customer didn't contact me prior to today! I'm going to throw in some kind of freebie for her for her patience. Would you do that too?? ARGH!!!!!!!!

Why would she not ask the host for her products. My guests/hosts are always calling and saying "When will my products be here". Amazing.

Yes free giftI would definitely throw in a small freebie and I am sure she would appreciate it. I think you should also stress the fact that you had no idea the host did not get her stuff to her yet.
I'm curious did you not do a follow up with calls to each customer about their products? I know that's not always possible because sometimes my outside order forms are not completely filled out with contact info.
I hope it turns out well. Hope she isn't too upset about the whole thing. FEBRUARY!!?? That's crazy! :eek: Yes I have wanted to slap hosts too, but fortunately for them I am a Chrsitian!! LOL

Debbie :D

Shawnna said:
Why would she not ask the host for her products. My guests/hosts are always calling and saying "When will my products be here". Amazing.

Ya think? I would be calling if it were my stuff!! Unbelievable.

Debbie - I did call her, twice, but she was not home. I did leave a message, but apparently she never got it...and I guess because I didn't hear from her, I figured everything was okay...and I dropped the ball by not calling her until I spoke to her. So, hmmmm...I guess this is partially my fault too. Maybe I should slap myself in the head too!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

No
pcchris said:
Debbie - I did call her, twice, but she was not home. I did leave a message, but apparently she never got it...and I guess because I didn't hear from her, I figured everything was okay...and I dropped the ball by not calling her until I spoke to her. So, hmmmm...I guess this is partially my fault too. Maybe I should slap myself in the head too!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

No it's not your fault. WE can only do so much. We try to follow up, we leave messages but if no one calls us back we aren't mind readers, for goodness sake. How are we to know? I would have called that host day and night to get my stuff. Just curious how big was the order? What was it she ordered?

DebbieSAChef said:
No it's not your fault. WE can only do so much. We try to follow up, we leave messages but if no one calls us back we aren't mind readers, for goodness sake. How are we to know? I would have called that host day and night to get my stuff. Just curious how big was the order? What was it she ordered?

It wasn't a huge order, just some of the scrapers, but still! That's a LOOONG time to wait! I just feel really bad! I hope that this customer will show some interest in the HWC products, but if not, I totally get why she wouldn't! I guess I'm ticked because it makes ME look bad, and that's not right. Oh well...have to kill her with kindness. (and I'm sure a freebie will help too!! HA!)

I'm one of those hosts. Did a show that was booked off another show, asked that host if she wanted the hostess special, she did, we thought we'd be seeing each other so instead of shipping it to her I shipped it to me, then we did not get see each other for some 4 months... as I was cleaning for passover I found her stuff. Luckily she was good about it, I threw in a few small freebies, and she wants to do an HWC show if we ever hook up on the phone.

YOU can eliminate this problem & get MORE back"Out of the Box" calls can eliminate this problem. I tell the host "Suzy, make sure you deliver these orders by _____ (give her a date) ~ becuase I'm going to call everyone to make sure they've gotten their prodcuts "out of the box" and start using them because of PC's awesome 30 day free ship warranty back to the company (you might need to explain this)."

When I let him/her know I'll be making these calls....they make sure the orders are delivered.

Accomplishes a few things...
~ get the orders delivered on a timely basis
~ gets my customers to USE the items (warranty issues within 30 days from ship date)
~ creates a solid trust relationship between the customer and I - he/she feels I care about their needs, etc...I do!
~ often I will get additional orders, bookings, referrals and even got 3 recruits by doing these calls

So are they worth it to me? You betcha!

HTH ~
Ginny

Free gift is a great ideaThat is a long time and a nice little free gift would be kind and a good way to redeem your name.

What to do to host ---->

What to do to customer ------>

LOL Hope all goes well!!

I'm tellin' ya, slappin' 'em in the head will get you in trouble. Kick 'em in the ankle!

I had a host who lived under a guest (same condo bldg) and it was a couple of months and she didn't get her order. The only way I found out was that I was doing follow up calls. After a week of trying the host, I think I did an order adjustment and just sent everything to her. I would have reordered and paid for the whole thing if I had to.

I had that same thing happen to me and was so disappointed in both of them for not contacting me sooner. The lady that had not received her stuff told me that if I didnt get this resolved soon I was responsible for the money back to her. Ticked me off.

Related to Anyone Ever Want to Slap a Host?

1. Why would anyone want to slap a host?

The phrase "slap a host" is often used in a joking or hyperbolic manner to express frustration or annoyance with a host's behavior. It is not meant to be taken literally.

2. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a Pampered Chef setting?

No, Pampered Chef promotes a positive and respectful environment for all guests and hosts. Using violent or aggressive language is not in line with our values.

3. How can I handle a difficult host without wanting to "slap" them?

First, try to communicate your concerns with the host in a calm and respectful manner. If that does not work, you can always reach out to your Pampered Chef representative for support and guidance in navigating the situation.

4. Is there a specific situation where wanting to "slap" a host is justified?

No, violence or aggression towards anyone is never justified. If you are feeling frustrated or upset with a host, it is important to find healthy and appropriate ways to address the issue.

5. How can I prevent feeling the urge to "slap" a host in the future?

It is important to remember that everyone has different personalities and ways of hosting. Instead of focusing on the negative aspects, try to find ways to appreciate and connect with the host. Also, practicing patience and open communication can help prevent any potential conflicts or frustrations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brandie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
  • pcsharon1