• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Try Diet Soda Cake in Torte Pans?

In summary, there are various ways to make a diet-friendly cake by using different soda flavors or a reduced sugar cake mix with a can of soda. This method allows for personal use and can be a great option for those on Weight Watchers. Some suggestions include adding sugar-free pudding or using a fluted pan to make it in the microwave. Pillsbury now offers a reduced sugar cake mix that can be used with soda, and a popular recipe includes using Cherry Coke Zero and topping it with fat-free whipped topping and fruit. The result is a delicious and low-point cake that can be enjoyed without guilt.
lisacb77
I am considering getting these b/c I like the idea I saw here about splitting your cake mix in 1/2 and freezing one (just me and DH at home). Was wondering how the diet soda substitution worked in this b/c I am doing Weight Watchers now and the last thing I need is full fat cake around!

I'm only doing like 1 show a month so I have to find some personal use to justify the expense in my mind. Of course, I do want to buy the cake stencils on enhancement :D

TIA.

If you are making one cake you would use a one can of soda 12oz(I think), so if you made 1/2 you would need 6oz.

If you haven't tried this you will like it. I also do WW and I make cup cakes and then you can put sf pudding in the middle and top with cool whip. YUMMY!

Did you know that you can make this cake in the fluted stone 9 min in the microwave? That's one cake mix, don't know about 1/2.

Mary

No, I haven't tried diet soda in that cake. Good idea....thanks.

The diet soda cake is very good. I have done it several times and everyone loved it.

I've never heard of the Diet Soda cake, please share....Now I'm curious, I thought I was up on all the cakes and such to make in the Rice Cooker and Bundt pan, oops fluted pan.

Could someone share the recipe(s) that are with diet soda, I'd love to test and offer these at my shows.

Thanks,

Lisa

There was a thread on here a while back all about it with recipes.

Thanks for pointing out the fluted pan. I don't use mine enough and that's a great idea. Just saved me some $$!

I did it just this weekend! It turned out wonderful!Pillsbury now makes a REDUCED SUGAR cake mix. They have it in Devil's Food and a white cake mix flavor. I used 12 ounces (1 can) of Cherry Coke Zero with a box of this. I sprayed my torte pans and put a half in each pan, making sure to spread it around evenly.When they were done, in the bottom half I put a can of pitted cherries (that were in water, NOT in syrup or cherry pie filling) and on top I spread a little more than a cup of fat-free whipped topping. I used my egg slicer plus to slice strawberries and I put them artfully all over the top of the cake.I served this at a small party I had at my house. Let me tell you, it was a HIT! The cake tasted more like a brownie, and the result was like a black forest cake. Since I am on Weight Watchers, we calculated that the whole cake was 40 points. Dividing it up into 8 generous portions, and you have a piece of cake that is only five points!!

So, do you just use the can of soda with the dry cake mix? Someone was talking about this at the show I did on Saturday and I had never heard of it. A whole cake with 40 points? Wow--that would be great to demo to a group.

dwyerkim said:
So, do you just use the can of soda with the dry cake mix? Someone was talking about this at the show I did on Saturday and I had never heard of it. A whole cake with 40 points? Wow--that would be great to demo to a group.

Yep, and you can play around with different flavors of soda for a small variation in the taste.

1. What is the recipe for Diet Soda Cake in Torte Pans?

The recipe for Diet Soda Cake in Torte Pans is simple and only requires two ingredients: a box of cake mix and a can of diet soda. Simply mix the two together and bake in a greased torte pan according to the instructions on the cake mix box.

2. Can you use any type of soda for this recipe?

While diet soda is recommended for a lower calorie option, you can use any type of soda for this recipe. However, keep in mind that using regular soda will add more calories and sugar to the cake.

3. How do you prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to thoroughly grease the torte pan before pouring in the cake batter. You can also try using parchment paper on the bottom of the pan for easy removal.

4. Can you add other ingredients to the cake mix?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to the cake mix to enhance the flavor. Some popular additions include fruit, chocolate chips, or nuts. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly if adding extra ingredients.

5. Can you use this recipe for other types of desserts?

Yes, you can use this recipe for other types of desserts such as cupcakes or mini cakes. Simply adjust the baking time and check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of the dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef.katie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Harleyc1
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies