• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes (Sb S/S 09)

In summary, the conversation was about making a delicious chocolate cake to celebrate an accomplishment for the son. The cake was easy to make with the help of a 5-year-old, but it had a high calorie and fat content. Despite this, everyone enjoyed the cake and it was suggested to add protein powder for a healthier version. The recipe used a Pampered Chef fluted pan and included ingredients such as chocolate morsels, butter, sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, and walnuts. The cake was topped with more chocolate morsels and served warm.
esavvymom
Staff member
I made these little sinful-cakes last night to celebrate an accomplishment for my son versus paying $6 at a restaurant for one single cake.OH MY STINKING_HECK!!!! These are so good...if you like chocolate. :DBut they are HUGE. One cake would be more than enough for my DH and I to share with our boys. But of course, last night, we each ate half of one (oooooohhhhhhhh)My 5 yr old son helped me make them, so they weren't hard at all. We did them in the oven just so they'd be nice and warm by the time my DH and DS8 got home from an errand. Our hands got a little tired from grinding the nuts in the Rotary Grater (not a big fan of the grater...I think it's too big for my hands) - I'd probably chop the heck out of the nuts with my Food Chopper next time, but other than that, I can't think of anything I'd change.Just wanted to warn you though. I noticed AFTER I made them, that 1 cake (considered a serving :eek:) has 640 calories, 38 g of Fat....(it comes to 15 pts if you are on Weight Watchers like I am...*errr*. WAS!) Half makes it 7, and PLENTY of sinful delight.

So, if you are going to make these for a gathering, be sure to make enough to go around and let people know about the calories and fat content. Otherwise, you may have some unhappy campers!That being said, these cakes are sooooo good. Even my picky eater son, who usually won't eat much of anything, had 2 pieces! He said they were 'amazing' - I told him that meant he needed to help me clean the kitchen after dinner.

I'm going to be making this recipe a lot. I'm thinking I might be able to add some protein powder to it to make it a little healthier and still taste great. I'll let you know if I try.OH, and I used the Family Heritage Stoneware Fluted Pan. (I had a Pampered Chef party and got it for free, but I LOVE IT!) I used the small end of the Mix N Scraper to get the cake out in one piece. The cake was so moist, it was a little hard to get out, but it came out in one piece really easily. I was impressed. Make sure you have a helper to help you eat it. It's big. :)I got this from my Pampered Chef consultant.It's called the Death by Chocolate Cake1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Morsels1 cup Unsalted Butter (2 sticks)1/2 cup Granulated Sugar1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar4 Large Eggs1 tsp Vanilla Extract1 cup All-Purpose Flour1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder1/2 tsp Baking Powder1/4 tsp Salt1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts1/2 cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels1. Preheat oven to 325F. Finely chop 1/2 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup of the milk chocolate morsels using the Rotary Grater. Set aside.2. In a bowl, microwave butter 1-1 1/2 minutes or until melted. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; mix well. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Add chopped chocolate and walnuts; mix well.3. Pour batter into an ungreased Mini Fluted Pan; spread evenly.4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle mini morsels over cake. Place a clean towel over pan; let stand 5 minutes. Remove towel; spread melted morsels evenly

1. What are the ingredients in the Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes?

The Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes are made with a rich chocolate cake mix, creamy caramel filling, and crunchy pecans.

2. Are these cakes easy to make?

Yes, the Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes are very easy to make. The mix comes with all the necessary ingredients and instructions, making it a quick and convenient dessert option.

3. How many servings does one box of the Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes make?

One box of the Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes makes 8 servings, perfect for a small gathering or as a special treat for yourself.

4. Can I customize the recipe for dietary restrictions?

Unfortunately, the recipe for the Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes cannot be customized for dietary restrictions. However, we do offer a variety of other options for those with specific dietary needs.

5. How do I store the leftover cakes?

The leftover Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week. They can also be frozen for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • DebPC