• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Day on a Diet: An Intro to Journaling

In summary, I had a good day yesterday. I accomplished a lot and I am happy with my progress thus far.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
Ok so I finally decided to start my journal...

This morning my mom and I went to the gym and I weighed myself and I weigh 228...which I was happy about because I haven't been there in a while and haven't been watching what I eat and that is 2lbs less then the last time I was there...

Yesterday I was actually proud of myself...

For Breakfast I had a bowl of Cinnamon Life Cereal...

Then my morning snack was an apple with peanut butter dip that I made with Fat Free Cool Whip....Fat Free Yogurt and low fat Peanut Butter....

Lunch I had a Salad with Ranch Dressing...that is my only problem...I don't like Light Salad Dressings so I will still be eating that fat...

For my afternoon Snack I had 14 Light Pringles...for those of you that do weight watchers...14 Light Pringles is only 1 point...

Then for dinner we had Hamburger Helper but I made sure that I didn't take a large serving....

I had my Cluster meeting last night and one of the girls made a pizza using the PC Pizza Dough Mix....I made the Easy Apple Burritos...so I had one of them...and they are 5 points...

So I think that I had a good day yesterday...It could have been better but not bad for the first day of the diet...

My goal is to lose anywhere from 50-80 pounds but in setting smaller goals to help acheive them better...I would be happy at this point to get below 200.

Sounds like you are off to a great start Heidi!!!

Well I know that I started the Thread by stating that I went to the gym yesterday but since my posts are going to reflect the previous day I will start with that again....

Yesterday I went to the gym...I walked the Tread Mill for 30 minutes

Had a Bowl of Life Cereal with 2% milk.

Was very sleepy so I broke down and had a cup of coffee...not the greatest especially since I use flavored creamer...I will try to behave today....

For lunch I had a salad again

For my afternoon snack I had an apple with peanut butter dip and a few pringles spuratically throughout the afternoon...making sure not to go over the 14....

For dinner I had 2 hot Dogs with Sauerkraut.....and a few chips (about 5-10)...only drank water all day including at dinner

we had company over last night and I baked a cake...Vanilla Cake Mix and then once it was mixed I mixed some frozen mixed berries into it...and topped it with light cool whip....I also had a glass of milk with my cake.

Off to a good start . . . stick with it . . . You Can Do It!:cheerleader:

Yesterday we went to the gym again...just to let you know...5am is SOO early...lol...

I did 13 minutes on the Bike and then leg weights...

For Breakfast...you guessed it Cinnamon Life and 2% Milk...that cereal is empty now so I will be eating something different...

One of our sales men came in and brought a tin of cookies...I had 1 and they were really small...Had Coffee with creamer but I was really happy when I realized that it is Fat Free Creamer...

For lunch I brought a salad but it was boring...it was a bag salad...the kind with the shredded carrots and cabbage in it...then a little bit of cheese...well I wasn't in the mood for that and everyone else was going to Pizza Hut...well we get the buffet...I had a SMALL SALAD...and 2 slices of Pizza...and 2 bread sticks...but they are not the full length ones on the buffet they are only about 2-3 inches...the only thing that I was mad at myself about once I thought about it was that the bread sticks were hard so they weren't even good...I WASTED CALORIES...I have already informed my mom that it is her fault that I did that since she never left us waste food when we were growing up...at Pizza Hut they have a dessert pizza that is REALLY GOOD...and I didn't have any of that even though my boss was sitting right across the table from me and he had some...then to add insult to injury...after he was done eating it he made sure that we all knew how good it was...his daughter told him that he is mean and I just laughed because he had no clue as to why she was saying that until we told him...then his daughter and son wanted to go to Dairy Queen...SOO as we drove back to work I looked out the window so that I didn't have to see their Ice Cream since I didn't get anything...I was so proud of myself and my boss's wife because neither one of us got anything...well I found out later that she didn't need ice cream...she had 9 of the cookies...lol...

I wasn't hungry for my afternoon snack so I didn't eat it...And then for dinner Gretchen made Bar-B-Q Ham Sandwiches (which I didn't know that I would like but they were really good)...I also had some chips with it...

Then when I came home from practice I was hungry so I had some tortilla chips with salsa...

Well since the site was down yesterday I thought that it would be down this morning as well so I didn't get up early enough to post so I am going to try to remember what I ate yesterday...

For Breakfast I had oatmeal and Orange Juice...

then I had an apple with peanut butter dip for morning snack...

For lunch I had a salad...

for afternoon snack I had pringles...

For dinner we had stuffed peppers and mashed potatoes...

I also ate some Mike and Ike's

we went to the gym in the morning and I walked on the tread mill for 30 minutes

You are doing an awesome job!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Yesterday we did not go to the gym...I had a bad diet day today...just wanted to let you know before you read what I ate...

For Breakfast I had an Egg McMuffin...Hash Brown...and large Orange Juice

I had an Apple and Peanut butter dip for morning snack...

For lunch I had 6 wings...French Fries...and a sprite

For supper I had a salad...a chicken patty with cheese on it...

then I had a mountain dew while I was driving home from my friend's house...

This morning we went out for breakfast (we always go for breakfast on Saturday morning)...

I had coffee...Eggs Benedict and home fries...with extra sauce...

For lunch I had a hotdog and a handfull of chips...

then for supper I had Grilled Stuffed Burrito...and nachos...from Taco Bell...

then I just got home and I had a chocolate chocolate chip muffin.

We all have set backs! Just shake it off. I had a bad diet day too. There's always tomorrow.....

Yesterday...

I had a bowl of cereal for Breakfast...

Then for lunch we had open face pulled pork sandwich with bar-b-q sauce...and french fries

For dinner...we went to Ruby Tuesday's I had one of the Appetizers...lol...it was 3 chicken tenders...with hot sauce on them...4 mozzerella sticks...and some bacon cheddar fries...and I had sprite to drink.

well once again I am sick...I am pretty sure that it is a Sinus Infection again...probably from all of the dust and mold that I am stirring up in my basement...so anyway...I don't know that I will be going to the gym this week...but I am going to at least try...if I feel good enough for it I will go and then just take it easy...if nothing else I can ride the bike for a little while.

Just signed my first recruit of 2008She's a HO lead. Woo hoo!!! She has her first show this Saturday and is working on booking three more to get 4 in her first 30 days. I'll be at her show on Saturday so I"m sure I'll get those bookings for her if she doesn't.

Awesome! Congrats!!! Best Buy gift cards, here you come!!!:)

Yep, I'm getting an IPOD!!!

Go Deb! Go Deb! Go Deb!:party::party::party:

Yesterday we did not go to the gym...

For Breakfast I had a bowl of cereal...

For morning snack I had a special k bar...

For lunch I had a can of soup...

For afternoon snack I had some chips...but I was still hungry so I had a Slim Fast Snack Bar...

For dinner I had chicken...with lipton noodles...and green beans...

then I had a small bowl of ice cream...

through all of this I am drinking a lot of water...

Yesterday because of the way that I felt and because my mom got her hair done on Monday night we didn't go to the gym...

For Breakfast I had Honey Bunches Of Oats....

I had a cup of Hot Tea with Honey in it...

I didn't have a mid morning snack

For lunch I had a wrap...with smoked turkey...Hot Pepper cheese...and mayo...oh yeah...and lettuce...and I also had 14 pringles...

in the afternoon I had some fish crackers...

For dinner we had cheese steaks...I had 2...with some french fries...and lemonade...

I went to the gym this morning and I weighed myself...I lost 1 pound...wish it would have been more but I will take anything right now.

chefheidi2003 said:
I went to the gym this morning and I weighed myself...I lost 1 pound...wish it would have been more but I will take anything right now.

Small steps toward a big goal! You can do it . . . you didn't gain and that's what is important!

I'm very proud of you!:cheerleader:

chefheidi2003 said:

I think you are doing just fine! It will come off. I know in the past some weeks I worked really hard I showed no loss, or not much, then a week I thought wow I've been bad I lost 3 or 4 lbs. You really don't know what your body is thinking. Just keep going and it will ALL come off!
http://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs320.gifhttp://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs318.gif

I'm http://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs397.gif for you!

missydivine said:
I think you are doing just fine! It will come off. I know in the past some weeks I worked really hard I showed no loss, or not much, then a week I thought wow I've been bad I lost 3 or 4 lbs. You really don't know what your body is thinking. Just keep going and it will ALL come off!
http://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs320.gifhttp://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs318.gif

I'm http://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs397.gif for you!

So what you are saying is that I should just eat whatever I want and I will lose 3-4 pounds...lol.

That's great!!! Now who's next?

I'll be working on who's next today. :)

No, just that sometimes our body doesn't show the weight loss when WE think it should. You still need to try to be good, just that if you're not always it's okay.

Don't you dare go out and eat whatever today because of what I said.:grumpy:;):rolleyes:

missydivine said:
No, just that sometimes our body doesn't show the weight loss when WE think it should. You still need to try to be good, just that if you're not always it's okay.

Don't you dare go out and eat whatever today because of what I said.:grumpy:;):rolleyes:

I am going to eat like a pig for the rest of the day and whenever someone asks me why I am going to say "Mary said that I could"

Just got back from a recruiting interview... not signed YET but we are having her grand opening show on the 30th. She's just got to get the $$ together for her kit and will order it within the next week. So she's not official... I never say I have a recruit until I get that confirmation e-mail from HO!!!!! :) But I am excited!Got home to an HO lead who booked for the 31st and then a referral for another lady who wants to book as soon as possible! YEAH!Came up with something at leadership... not my idea personally but something a few of us brainstormed. Divide the 7-question recruiting questions over the 3 host coaching calls. That will do a few things:1. It won't make them (or us) feel like we are "interviewing" them.
2. Keeps us touching the opp in each call (and making she we make each call!)
3. Leads up to an easier time asking her to sign at her show!We'll see how it goes!!!!!

I have a dilemma....

before Christmas, I had a young man that I met at a restaraunt (he is the cook) show interest in being a consultant. I have called, no response. I have emailed, wrong address.
The thing is that my friend Debbie runs the restaraunt! I could call there and ask to talk to him, but I am not sure if 1) that would piss him off and 2) it is a professional thing to do!
What would you do/say?

Yay! Heidi 1 pound should be celebrated! There is power in numbers! It's the first pound toward many more! Keep on working.

Your off to a good start.... keep it up and you will reach your weight loss goals.

Colleen--love the idea! I need to revamp my host coaching anyway.Meg--can you drop by the restaurant when your friend isn't there and the cook is?

chefheidi2003 said:
I am going to eat like a pig for the rest of the day and whenever someone asks me why I am going to say "Mary said that I could"

She is eating dinner at my house. I read the thread . . . "Mary said . . ." won't work here!

DebbieJ said:
Meg--can you drop by the restaurant when your friend isn't there and the cook is?

good idea...now I just have to figure out when that is! In a way, I think if she were there, he would be more responsive to talking to me. I am not trying to hound him, but I know how much he admired the products, especially the knives! What a great thing to be able to offer him!
I will call Debbie at home and ask when she won't be at the restaraunt and go from there!

BigSisGretchen said:
She is eating dinner at my house. I read the thread . . . "Mary said . . ." won't work here!

Just don't spill the beans to mom and Nikki...OR ELSE...

chefmeg said:
good idea...now I just have to figure out when that is! In a way, I think if she were there, he would be more responsive to talking to me. I am not trying to hound him, but I know how much he admired the products, especially the knives! What a great thing to be able to offer him!
I will call Debbie at home and ask when she won't be at the restaraunt and go from there!

Could you just leave a note for for him to contact you? Maybe attach a flier of the three knife incentive and say that you are taking a chance because you don't want him to miss out on this since they don't offer it all the time.

very good idea! I think I will run by there today!

WE're off to a great start hopefully! I have a couple who are planning to sign in the next week or two, then a past host called me totally out of the blue because she wants to start too! She thought about it over a year ago, but at that time, it was mainly just to get the kit. I wasn't too disappointed when she decided not to do it back then. Now she wants to do it with a friend (but just she would sign) and her goal is one show a week. I dropped off the recruiting packet last night after my show (it was 11 pm when I dropped it off! And she was excited to get it...I think she was waiting up for me even though I said it would be late and I'd just leave it). So, let's hope that's another one!

Keep 'em coming! Keep posting updates too....that's always inspirational!:)

Just met up with a Feb host. She's a barista at my fav coffee shop and she had to ask ME about PC! DUMMY ME!!!! I'm always wearing PC clothes in public and carrying the Ribbon Tote as my purse. I was a walking billboard but never asked these ladies....sigh. Lesson learned.Anyway, she booked a Feb show and it was easier (and yummier :)) for us to meet in person at the coffee shop to give her a host packet and do host coaching. Guess what? She is considering the business!!!!! I gave her the DVD and Opp Brochure and I'm going to call her next week.I also have an interview next Friday 1/25 with a guest from an October show.God is good!

you are on fire girl!!!!!!

DebbieJ said:
Just met up with a Feb host. She's a barista at my fav coffee shop and she had to ask ME about PC! DUMMY ME!!!! I'm always wearing PC clothes in public and carrying the Ribbon Tote as my purse. I was a walking billboard but never asked these ladies....sigh. Lesson learned.

Anyway, she booked a Feb show and it was easier (and yummier :)) for us to meet in person at the coffee shop to give her a host packet and do host coaching. Guess what? She is considering the business!!!!! I gave her the DVD and Opp Brochure and I'm going to call her next week.

I also have an interview next Friday 1/25 with a guest from an October show.

God is good!

I think you can add TPC in recruiting to your signature right about now! :)

Addie4TLC said:
I think you can add TPC in recruiting to your signature right about now! :)

I don't know about that just yet....I'm gunning for personal sales, though. :)

DebbieJ said:
I don't know about that just yet....I'm gunning for personal sales, though. :)

As pumped as everyone is now about the new cooking show format and inviting EVERYONE I wouldn't be surprised if those who earn it in recruiting double or triple!! I admire those who do it in sales that is quite an accomplishment!!

Ok...yesterday morning we went to the gym...I did 10 minutes on the bike and some arm weights...

For breakfast I had cereal...

for lunch I had a turkey and cheese wrap with 14 pringles

for dinner I had Bar-B-Q Chicken Ring from the All The Best cookbook.

You lost 3 . . . I better get my A** in gear so I pass you . . . I can't have you catch me!

I just realized today that I haven't posted for a few days...

so I will start with yesterday...

We did not go to the gym...TOO LAZY!!

for breakfast I had a bowl of oatmeal...I am sorry but one packet of oatmeal is not enough...so I always eat 2...I also had some milk with it...

For snack I had a Special K bar...

For lunch we had Stromboli...I know that that was not the best for me but we went to my boss's house and his wife had surgery last week and she is at home so I wanted to see her...and they didn't have any diet soda so I had a Dr Pepper...but usually when I drink soda it is diet...I also had a few chips...

For dinner my mom made potpie...MMMM...here in PA Dutch Country we don't make potpie like everyone else...ours looks nothing like a pie...so let me tell you it is pretty much like chicken and dumplings...

then we had the last of my mom's ice cream cake.

We went to the gym yesterday morning...30 minutes on the tread mill...

For breakfast I had a bowl of cereal...

2 cups of coffee...and a chocolate Truffle...(it was a small one...:blushing:)

For Lunch I had an egg salad sandwich and pringles...

For afternoon snack I had a 100 calorie pack...and a chocolate truffle...(boss's daughter gave them to me...what can I say...I have NO will power :blushing:)

For dinner Gretchen made Meatloaf...mashed potatoes...and mixed veggies.

I know that usually I would post this tomorrow...but I was wondering...if I go to the gym...and they are not open due to the lock being broken and they don't know when the lock smith will be there...Do I still get an A for Effort??

chefheidi2003 said:
I know that usually I would post this tomorrow...but I was wondering...if I go to the gym...and they are not open due to the lock being broken and they don't know when the lock smith will be there...Do I still get an A for Effort??

Of course you do. Now at lunch time take a small trip around your office building and you will get an A+.

BigSisGretchen said:
Of course you do. Now at lunch time take a small trip around your office building and you will get an A+.

Spike heels on a stone lot doesn't work out too well...lol.

OK...so as I stated yesterday we "went" to the gym but we didn't work out due to them being closed...so even though it will not help me goals...I am giving myself an A for Effort...I should get something for getting up at 5am...

For Breakfast my mom made me eggs and toast...

I had a special k bar...

for Lunch I had 2 slices of pizza and fries...also iced tea...

For supper last night...I had Lobster Bisque...a pasta appetizer...and a Ribeye...also diet soda...

We didn't have dessert...we were too stuffed...

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
shelliebeard
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies