• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anybody Made Rice Pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus? Please Help...

In summary, the Quick Rice Pudding recipe calls for microwaving the rice for 9 minutes on high power, and the Creamy Rice Pudding recipe calls for microwaving the rice for 15 minutes on medium power.
SummerG
I've found 2 different recipes for rice pudding using the Rice Cooker Plus and I have a question about both of them, can you help?

*Quick Rice Pudding*
Uses "1 tsp flavoring"~anybody know what kind of flavoring?

*Creamy Rice Pudding*
Directions say "Combine rice, water and salt in Rice Cooker Plus. Cover and microwave according to package directions, carefully following recommended power levels and cooking times,"~Does anybody know what "package directions" means? Do you know how long to cook it for?

I'm really craving to make either one of these tonight! :) It's rainyand cold here so it's perfect weather.

Thank you for helping!

I've made the creamy rice pudding and you cook on high for 5 min and then on half power for 11-15 min depending on your microwave. Just like you would make your rice any other time.

Never made it, but I would think the "flavoring" would be vanilla.

"Package directions" mean if the package of rice calls for the rice to be cooked 15 min. you cook it for 15 min.

Maybe it's a blonde thing :) but I just don't understand this recipe.

Quick Rice Pudding

1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1 cup instant rice
1/4 tsp. salt
3 1/2 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 cup raisins
Dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.

Place in the Rice Cooker Plus: Microwave for 9 minutes. Allow to set 2-3 minutes after removing from oven.

SummerG said:
Maybe it's a blonde thing :) but I just don't understand this recipe.

Quick Rice Pudding

1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1 cup instant rice
1/4 tsp. salt
3 1/2 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 cup raisins
Dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.

Place in the Rice Cooker Plus: Microwave for 9 minutes. Allow to set 2-3 minutes after removing from oven.

I think there is liquid missing from this recipe....

Here's the recipe I have. I've not tried it, so I can't tell you if it's good or not, but hope this helps!

Creamy Rice Pudding
¾ cup uncooked long grain white rice
½ tsp Pantry Cinnamon
2 ½ cups water
1 cup half and half
¼ tsp salt
½ cup raisins (optional)
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 cup milk

1. Combine rice, water and salt in RICE COOKER PLUS. Cover and microwave for 15 minutes on medium and 10 minutes on high. Allow rice to stand for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in SMALL BATTER BOWL, combine milk, half and half, pudding mix and cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using STAINLESS STEEL WHISK.
3. Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids, lifting away from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using CLASSIC SCRAPER.
4. ENJOY! I think this is served better hot, but try it both ways!

ChefDebra said:
Here's the recipe I have. I've not tried it, so I can't tell you if it's good or not, but hope this helps!

Creamy Rice Pudding
¾ cup uncooked long grain white rice
½ tsp Pantry Cinnamon
2 ½ cups water
1 cup half and half
¼ tsp salt
½ cup raisins (optional)
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 cup milk

1. Combine rice, water and salt in RICE COOKER PLUS. Cover and microwave for 15 minutes on medium and 10 minutes on high. Allow rice to stand for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in SMALL BATTER BOWL, combine milk, half and half, pudding mix and cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using STAINLESS STEEL WHISK.
3. Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids, lifting away from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using CLASSIC SCRAPER.
4. ENJOY! I think this is served better hot, but try it both ways!

This is the one I make and it is delicious. I just use milk instead of the half and half for less calories and it works just fine.

1. Can I make rice pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus is perfect for making rice pudding. It cooks the rice evenly and prevents it from sticking to the bottom of the pot, resulting in a creamy and delicious pudding.

2. Do I need any special ingredients to make rice pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus?

No, you can use the same ingredients you would use to make rice pudding on the stovetop. All you need is rice, milk, sugar, and any additional flavorings or toppings you prefer.

3. How much rice and milk should I use to make rice pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus?

For a standard 6-cup Rice Cooker Plus, we recommend using 1 cup of uncooked rice and 2 cups of milk. This will yield about 4 servings of rice pudding.

4. How long does it take to make rice pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus?

The cooking time may vary slightly depending on your specific rice cooker, but on average, it takes about 30 minutes to make rice pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus. This includes both the cooking and cooling time.

5. Can I add any flavorings or toppings to my rice pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, you can add any flavorings or toppings you like to your rice pudding. Some popular options include vanilla extract, cinnamon, raisins, and chopped nuts. You can also top your rice pudding with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate chips for a delicious twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pampered Laura
  • muffetts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • 4kids4me