• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Rice Pudding with a Rice Cooker: Need Help!

In summary, someone recommended using coconut milk in place of regular milk when making quick rice pudding. They also mentioned that the recipe should call for 3 cups of milk.
4kids4me
Help! My daughter and I are in the middle of making the quick rice pudding. I found the recipe in the files for the rice cooker. But all the recipes for this don't call for any water. I don't know how much to use, and she's getting antsy. Right now the only liquid called for is 1tsp of vanilla. Somehow don't think that will be enough, lol. TIA!

use the search engine on CC. Look for it in a consultant newsletter within the last 2 years it's been out. I made the rice pudding in there and it was good... It had all the ingredients in there! Hope this helps!

4kids4me said:
Right now the only liquid called for is 1tsp of vanilla. Somehow don't think that will be enough, lol. TIA!

Yeah, I can't imagine a teaspoon of vanilla doing the job!

Someone here (I have no idea who, but I will love you forever!) suggested making rice with coconut milk. I tried that last night. Great Caesar's ghost! It was amazing! I served it with chicken sauted with the Jerk Rub. Can you hear my yummy noises?

Because I know someone will ask, I always use the amount of liquid called for on my box of rice. For white rice I usually use 2 parts water to 1 part milk--so if I need 1 cup of liquid, I use 2/3 c water and 1/3 c milk. This time I used coconut milk instead of regular milk. It's very rich, so you might want to play with the proportions a bit.

Here's the PC Rice cooker recipe. It's really yummy. I like to serve it with a little freshly-grated nutmeg and some whipped cream.

If you're looking for it on CC, I found it in the P/V (Primavera/Verano - that's Spring/Summer) 2006 Una Muestra.

The Pampered Chef ®
Creamy Rice Pudding
Recipe

3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
2 1/2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half
1 pkg (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
  1. Combine rice, water and salt in Rice Cooker Plus. Cover and microwave according to package directions, carefully following recommended power levels and cooking times. Allow rice to stand for 5 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, in Small Batter Bowl, combine milk, half and half, pudding mix and cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using Stainless Whisk.
  3. Remove rice cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids, lifting away from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using Classic Scraper. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: Rice puddings should have a creamy, milky texture which is accomplished by cooking the rice slowly. Cooking rice in our Rice Cooker Plus keeps the grains of rice separate and prevents overcooking. Rice should be cooked until “al dente” or until a little firm to the bite.
© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

I know exactly what you are talking about- I gave a customer the rice cooker recipe booklet from here and they tried to make the quick rice pudding (which has no liquid) and they melted their rice cooker in the microwave. I just did a search on the web to find the recipe and here is what I came up with- add 3 cups of milk to the recipe and it should be ok. I havent tried this because I dont khave the rice cooker yet- but I looked up 10 recipes and this one seemed to be the closest to what is in the booklet. I dont know if it is a Pampered Chef recipe though. Good luck- Make sure to change the booklet if you send it out to customers.

That sounds perfect - I like being able to use the instant rice. We'll try it with the milk at lunchtime. Thanks! :)

1. How much rice should I use for making rice pudding in a rice cooker?

The general rule for making rice pudding in a rice cooker is to use a 1:2 ratio of rice to liquid. So for every cup of rice, you will need 2 cups of liquid (milk or water). Adjust the amount of rice and liquid according to the size of your rice cooker and the desired serving size.

2. Can I use any type of rice for making rice pudding in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can use any type of rice for making rice pudding in a rice cooker. However, some types of rice, such as short-grain or sticky rice, may result in a creamier texture. You can also mix different types of rice for a unique flavor and texture.

3. How long does it take to make rice pudding in a rice cooker?

The cooking time for rice pudding in a rice cooker may vary depending on the type of rice and the size of your rice cooker. In general, it takes about 20-30 minutes on the white rice setting. You may need to adjust the time and check the pudding periodically to ensure it doesn't overcook.

4. Can I add other ingredients to my rice pudding in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to your rice pudding in a rice cooker to enhance the flavor. Some popular additions include raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and condensed milk. You can also top your pudding with fruits, nuts, or whipped cream after it's done cooking.

5. Do I need to stir the rice pudding while it's cooking in a rice cooker?

It's not necessary to stir the rice pudding while it's cooking in a rice cooker. The rice cooker will do all the work for you, and stirring may disrupt the cooking process. However, you can give it a gentle stir once or twice during cooking if you notice the rice sticking to the bottom of the cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pampered Laura
  • muffetts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • raroll