• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice Cooker Plus - Quick Rice Pudding

In summary, the recipe calls for 1 tsp vanilla, 1 cup instant rice, 1/4 tsp salt, 3 1/2 oz pkg of instant prepared pudding, 1 cup raisins and a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg. If you want to omit the raisins, you would only need to add 1 cup of water, not 1 cup of pudding mix.
muffetts
Gold Member
:confused: I'm looking at a recipe I got from CS called Quick Rice Pudding - it calls for 1 tsp vanilla, 1 cup instant rice, 1/4 tsp salt, 3 1/2 oz pkg of instant prepared pudding, 1 cup raisins and a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg. It doesn't mentioned any liquid - would the pudding be prepared, or do I need only add 1 cup of water (as per instant rice)??????:rolleyes: Anyone?

This is the one I use. It was in the S/S 2006 Una Muestra here in the states, but has also been in the consultant newsletter.

3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
2 1/2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half
1 pkg (102 g) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Combine rice, water and salt in Rice Cooker Plus. Cover and microwave according to package directions, carefully following recommended power levels and cooking times. Allow rice to stand for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, in Small Batter Bowl, combine milk, half and half, pudding mix and cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using Stainless Whisk.

Remove rice cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids, lifting away from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using Classic Scraper. Serve warm.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: Rice puddings should have a creamy, milky texture which is accomplished by cooking the rice slowly. Cooking rice in our Rice Cooker Plus keeps the grains of rice separate and prevents overcooking. Rice should be cooked until “al dente” or until a little firm to the bite.

Ann,

In the S/S 2006 Una Muestra are they all iwritten in Spanish? I thought it would be neat to have some different recipes. I like some spanish/mexican food, but can't read a lick of Spanish though?

Or is this just the regular SB in a different language? I have never seen one.

The UM are different recipes, aimed at the Hispanic market. It includes recipes from many different Latin cultures, and is available in print only in Spanish. But we can download an English translation on CC.

chefann said:
The UM are different recipes, aimed at the Hispanic market. It includes recipes from many different Latin cultures, and is available in print only in Spanish. But we can download an English translation on CC.

Thanks! I did not know we could download the English translation. I will have to look at that.

It's in the same area as the downloadable/email-able SBRC recipes.

thanks gangas usual, you are 'on it'. Awesome to be a part of such an amazing group of people!:)

Quick rice pudding-I had a customer make it with the uncooked rice and box of pudding and melted her rice cooker plus- I then did lots of research and found out that the pudding needs to be prepared that will give you the liquid you need. It is worded wierd though.

Rice pudding sounds good. Thanks for making me think about it.

1. How much rice can the Rice Cooker Plus - Quick Rice Pudding hold?

The Rice Cooker Plus can hold up to 4 cups of uncooked rice, which will make approximately 8 cups of cooked rice pudding.

2. Can I use any type of rice in the Rice Cooker Plus - Quick Rice Pudding?

Yes, you can use any type of rice in this cooker, including white, brown, jasmine, basmati, or wild rice.

3. How long does it take to make rice pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus?

The cooking time for rice pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus is approximately 25-30 minutes, depending on the type and amount of rice used.

4. Is it easy to clean the Rice Cooker Plus - Quick Rice Pudding?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus is designed for easy cleaning. The non-stick surface and removable parts make it simple to clean after use.

5. Can I make other dishes besides rice pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus can also be used to make other dishes such as oatmeal, quinoa, soups, and even desserts like cakes and cheesecakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pampered Laura
Replies
Views
cla519
  • jrny2001
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies