• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Orange Supreme Cake in the Rice Cooker

In summary, the cake mix and frosting tasted good, but the cake was a bit mushy because the frosting was watery.
Bren706
Gold Member
Oh my goodness!! I had picked up a box of Orange Supreme cake mix (Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker, now I can't remember which one) a few weeks ago because it sounded good and wanted to give it a try. This weekend I picked up some frosting to make it in the Rice Cooker Plus.

If you like the orange creamsicle flavor, this is sooooo delicious. I used cream cheese frosting, but I think vanilla would have been even better!!!:love:

I am going to have to throw half (or maybe 1/3) of it away, just so that I don't end up eating the entire thing by myself!!!

Bren706 said:
Oh my goodness!! I had picked up a box of Orange Supreme cake mix (Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker, now I can't remember which one) a few weeks ago because it sounded good and wanted to give it a try. This weekend I picked up some frosting to make it in the Rice Cooker Plus.

If you like the orange creamsicle flavor, this is sooooo delicious. I used cream cheese frosting, but I think vanilla would have been even better!!!:love:

I am going to have to throw half (or maybe 1/3) of it away, just so that I don't end up eating the entire thing by myself!!!

Mmmm, that sounds good... I have made the orange cake with lemon frosting before, that is really good too, but never thought about the whole creamsicle thing before, I will have to try it.

DITTO here..... :thumbup:

Sounds good. At my last show the host wanted me to throw in a lava cake in the RC Plus. I did, but the first time out of the old, small microwave, it wasn't cooked enough. So I scraped it all back in (what a mess -- everyone was laughing and wanted me to try it again) so I put it in for a few more minutes and it cooked, it wasn't very runny, though, but all was eaten!

I tried carrot cake mix and cream cheese frosting tonight for 10 minutes. It was pretty good. Next time I am just going to make the cake and frost after it cools. The frosting was watery and make the cake a bit mushy. Good taste though:)

1. Can I use any type of rice cooker to make the Orange Supreme Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of rice cooker as long as it has a "cake" or "bake" function.

2. Do I need to adjust the cooking time for my specific rice cooker?

Yes, the cooking time may vary depending on the type and brand of rice cooker you are using. It's best to follow the instructions provided with your specific rice cooker.

3. Can I use a boxed cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a boxed cake mix for convenience. However, we recommend using a homemade cake mix for a fresher and more flavorful cake.

4. Do I need to grease the rice cooker before adding the cake batter?

Yes, it's important to lightly grease the rice cooker with cooking spray or butter before adding the cake batter. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the sides.

5. Can I make any substitutions for the orange juice in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the orange juice with any other type of juice, such as lemon, lime, or grapefruit. You can also use milk or buttermilk for a different flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
  • elizabethby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • lizdpamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies