1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Orange Supreme Cake in the Rice Cooker

1. Bren706

Bren706 Senior Member Gold Member

Oh my goodness!! I had picked up a box of Orange Supreme cake mix (Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker, now I can't remember which one) a few weeks ago because it sounded good and wanted to give it a try. This weekend I picked up some frosting to make it in the Rice Cooker Plus.

If you like the orange creamsicle flavor, this is sooooo delicious. I used cream cheese frosting, but I think vanilla would have been even better!!!:love:

I am going to have to throw half (or maybe 1/3) of it away, just so that I don't end up eating the entire thing by myself!!!

Mar 31, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Mmmm, that sounds good... I have made the orange cake with lemon frosting before, that is really good too, but never thought about the whole creamsicle thing before, I will have to try it.

Mar 31, 2009
  3. colegrovet

colegrovet Veteran Member Gold Member

DITTO here..... :thumbup:

Mar 31, 2009
  4. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

Sounds good. At my last show the host wanted me to throw in a lava cake in the RC Plus. I did, but the first time out of the old, small microwave, it wasn't cooked enough. So I scraped it all back in (what a mess -- everyone was laughing and wanted me to try it again) so I put it in for a few more minutes and it cooked, it wasn't very runny, though, but all was eaten!

Mar 31, 2009
  5. I tried carrot cake mix and cream cheese frosting tonight for 10 minutes. It was pretty good. Next time I am just going to make the cake and frost after it cools. The frosting was watery and make the cake a bit mushy. Good taste though:)

Mar 31, 2009
Have something to add?