• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mac and Cheese in the Rice Cooker Plus?

In summary, the Rice Cooker Plus is a versatile kitchen tool that uses steam to cook a variety of dishes, including mac and cheese. It can be used with any type of mac and cheese, but smaller pasta shapes are recommended. No additional liquid is needed, and the cooking time is about 20 minutes. Additional ingredients can also be added during cooking.
babywings76
Gold Member
I can cook Mac and Cheese in it right? I thought I read that here somewhere. Do you know the cooking power and time? The box says to boil the water in the micro first, but is that true with our rice cooker?

I make mac-n-cheese atleast once a week in the rice cooker. What I do is put the noodles in the rice cooker with enough water to cover. I then place the lid on and microwave for 9 minutes. I usually stir one time the noodles once at about the half-way point. Then I drain the water off (which usually isn't very much) and prepare as normal. It is so much quicker than making it on the stove top.

thank you for sharing!

I do about the same thing, I have found that it is usually one minute longer than the cooking time on the box (for the water to boil). I do regular pasta a lot too.

Hi there! Yes, you can definitely cook Mac and Cheese in our rice cooker. The cooking power and time may vary depending on the type of Mac and Cheese and the amount you are cooking, but I would recommend following the instructions on the box and adjusting the time accordingly. As for boiling the water in the microwave first, it may not be necessary with our rice cooker as it is designed to cook rice and other grains without pre-boiling the water. However, I would suggest testing it out with a small batch first to see what works best for you. Happy cooking!

What is the Rice Cooker Plus and how does it work?

The Rice Cooker Plus is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used to cook a variety of dishes, including mac and cheese. It works by using steam to cook the food evenly and quickly.

Can I use any type of macaroni and cheese in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, you can use any type of macaroni and cheese in the Rice Cooker Plus. However, we recommend using smaller pasta shapes like elbow macaroni for best results.

Do I need to add any additional liquid when making mac and cheese in the Rice Cooker Plus?

No, the Rice Cooker Plus will use the moisture from the pasta and cheese to create the steam needed for cooking. You do not need to add any additional liquid.

How long does it take to make mac and cheese in the Rice Cooker Plus?

The cooking time may vary slightly depending on the type of pasta used, but on average it takes about 20 minutes to make mac and cheese in the Rice Cooker Plus.

Can I add additional ingredients to the mac and cheese while it's cooking in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients like vegetables, meats, or spices to your mac and cheese in the Rice Cooker Plus. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• freetofly06
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies