• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anniversary Gift Ideas: Tips for Celebrating the First Year with Paper Gifts

something.You can do something like a trip to a resort or a spa. A trip to a resort would be something you would never forget. A spa day sounds like a lot of fun. I think the most appropriate gift for an anniversary is something that is made of paper, like a PC gift certificate.
Kathytnt
I have no clue what kind of gifts to give for an anniversary - Apparently the first year is paper

HELP :confused:

As long as it's paper - that's what they print PC gift certificates on.:D

You can find a traditional/contemporary table here.

Is it your anniversary? Last year was my first anniversary, I got my husband tickets to a NFL game in his hometown. He had never been to the new stadium, so he was thrilled to enjoy the sites and sounds around that stadium. And yes, the plane tickets to get there were paper--since we are so far away. And as the situation turned out, I ended up selling his car and buying him another one that he would like more while he was gone. So essentially, that car title was paper too.

Boy, I just read that back.....he sure is spoiled!!! :eek:

If it's someone else's wedding anniversary, think about everything made of paper. Concert tickets, money, stocks and bonds, redeemable coupons from you for babysitting, a spa day, and of course the PC gift certificate that KG mentioned :D

Be creative, year one is an exciting year!! Hope some of this helps you think in paper terms!!

Did you find that the gift for a 100th anniversary is a 10k diamond?I would think that a more appropriate gift for 100 years might be his and her angioplasties.

My hubby isn't into football - He has been so great. Putting up with my crazy family and all. They started acting trange ever since the engagement. Then we survived the wedding. Three weeks later my mom breaks her hip. Just before Christmas we find out the break was caused by cancer. She started chemo the week of Christmas. Unfortunately mom passed in June.
I started PC to do fundraisers for cancer research.
It's been a wild and crazy year - And my hubby realizes how normal HIS famly is - LOL!

For my paper anniversary I made reservations for the weekend in Monterey (beach) packed my hubbies suitcase, and ice chest in the trunk with the top to the wedding cake and a bottle of champange. I told him to grab a jacket and his hat and get in the car. Then I gave him a card with the reservations in it, and we were on our way.

My husband gave me a book - paper! :)We are poor and he isn't very creative... <sigh>I painted our hallway for him because he always takes care of the house, so I found some people to help with my wee one and I painted. He loved it.See, what poor people can come up with?? ;) LOL!

Depending on what his interests are, you can do something small like one share of Harley Davidson stock, or whatever company he is in to. You can do something for free and make up a coupon book and offer a walk in the rain or a massage from you. Maybe just one night of a candle lit dinner and a night of no TV.

Is that cake going to be stale???

Since we are talking about anniversary gifts....

This past year was 15 years for us.. who would have thought we would have made it this far!! Well, money was non-existant: our business was sucking money out of us at the speed of light, and we were spending every waking moment trying to fix it. I gave him a car vacuum that I received as a freebie from the bank when I set up my PC bank account. He came into the store with a clean shaven face... no mustache after 35 years!!

Nothing says love like a wiskerless face!!

What I am trying to say is don't sweat it if $$ is tight, for those that truly love you and you truly love, it's the thought behind the gift that counts.

Kathytnt said:
Is that cake going to be stale???

We had it very well wrapped and frozen for the first year. It actually wasn't bad.

It was supposed to be frozen?Hmmmmm.

An aquaintance of DH's at the wedding made sure to tell us over and over and over and over (lol) again that we HAD to save the top of the cake for our 1 year anniversary that she hadn't for her first and it was doomed, and she did on her second marriage and they are still married. Although after just a little while knowing this woman I don't put much into what she says they are both Quacks!

I bet a party at their house is just ducky.

I'll be married 8 years on Tuesday and to be perfectly honest, I don't know if we saved our top layer? I did save the top layer the first time around. GUESS WHAT? WE SEPARATED @ 11 MONTHS!!! It's the work you put into the marriage and not the superstitions you follow in my opinion.

Oh yea, I don't even want to go there KG.

jdavis said:
Oh yea, I don't even want to go there KG.
Sorry, it was a fowl joke. It seems to have laid an egg.

Oh boy is it getting deep in here or what?!?!

Only in the duck pond. Keep off the thin ice.

Well our budget is a little tight because we are gonig on a cruise in two weeks. We were originally going to going to go back to our honeymoon location (It's just two hours away) A fancy guest ranch http://www.wildcatterranch.com but we are going with some of our family on a cruise ot Costa Rica and the Panama Canal.

I found a card that says something like I couldn't love you more if your were dipped in Chocolate - Hey that gives me an idea! Got a couple other little small things like a nice coupon book from Hallmarks and stuff. We kind of decided not to get any big gifts.

As far as the cake - We got 3 different layers on our wedding cake Amaretto, Italian Cream Cake and Carrot. The top was carrot so I have been doing a count down every month since the wedding

It's been a tough year - Not the marriage but the challenges. Three weeks after the wedding my mom broke her hip. Turned out that it was caused by cancer. Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Stage IV. She started cehmo on Christmas Eve. After tough fight she passed on June 9. My wonderful hubby came into my life at just the right time. We met in Feb 2005. He has been there every step of the way even by my side in her room when she passed. I think it helped her knowing there was someone to take care of me.

Kat

Last edited:

Related to Anniversary Gift Ideas: Tips for Celebrating the First Year with Paper Gifts

1. What are some unique and thoughtful anniversary gift ideas?

Some unique and thoughtful anniversary gift ideas include personalized kitchen items, a couples cooking class, a weekend getaway, a custom anniversary cookbook, and a subscription to a meal delivery service.

2. How much should I spend on an anniversary gift?

The amount spent on an anniversary gift can vary depending on your budget and the significance of the anniversary. It's important to remember that the thought and sentiment behind the gift is more important than the price tag.

3. I want to give a traditional anniversary gift, what are some traditional options?

Some traditional anniversary gift options include paper for the first anniversary, cotton for the second anniversary, leather for the third anniversary, and so on. You can also reference a traditional anniversary gift list for more ideas.

4. What is a good anniversary gift for a couple who loves to cook?

A good anniversary gift for a couple who loves to cook could be a set of high-quality kitchen knives, a cookbook from their favorite chef, a personalized cutting board, or a gourmet spice set. You could also consider a kitchen gadget or appliance that they have been wanting.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products as an anniversary gift?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a variety of kitchen products that would make great anniversary gifts. Some popular options include our stoneware collection, cookware sets, and kitchen tools. You can also personalize many of our products for an extra special touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookingwith_tara
  • DebbieSM
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSM
Replies
Views
twinkie10