• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Even After 22 Years There's Still Romance...

In summary, the conversation revolves around Beth's upcoming anniversary and her husband's romantic gestures. They have been married for 22 years and he is writing her a letter every day for 13 days leading up to their anniversary. He also surprises her with flowers at random times and is known for his thoughtfulness and romance. The group discusses their own relationships and the challenges they face in being romantic.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
...in him!

My anniversary is June 13. We were married on Friday the 13th. We have mini celebrations on all Friday 13ths and sometimes when the 13th doesn't even land on a Friday.

We are going on a weekend away this year (22 years) and as a special gift my DH is writing me a letter and mailing it every day for 13 days. The first 2 came today - he post dated them the 1st and 2nd of June. He used to write me letters all the time before we were married even though we saw each other every day so he decided that it would be romantic to do that again this year. :love:

He also brings me flowers at random times. He usually gets them on my birthday, Valentines Day, our anniversary and Christmas (white roses to honor Mary) but the most romantic is when he just decides to stop and get some out of the blue. The other day he brought me wildflowers from our back yard - he noticed them while mowing so let them grow until they were big enough to pick.

He's a keeper! :love:

Awww...how awesome!

good grief is the 13th that close? Memorial day being early has messed me up
We will married 21 years on June 13

Awww..how sweet!

Beth,
since he is so sweet and sending you the letters are you doing something sentimental for him?

That is so sweet Beth :)

He's the romantic one. I really have trouble even starting to try to match his ideas. :rolleyes: :blushing:

Got any ideas for me??

Happy Anniversary to you too Teresa!!

Teresa Lynn said:
good grief is the 13th that close? Memorial day being early has messed me up
We will married 21 years on June 13
LOL, Anyone notice a difference in the romance department?;) :D

Beth, your husband should give lessons!!! I know men have a much more difficult time than women (ususally) in expressing romance. My ex comes to mind!!!!

It is so wonderful to see two people connect, especially in a blessed marriage. Unfortunately, it is not common.

My parents just celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary and my boyfriend's parents are celebrating their 60th anniversary today.

do you mean because we've been married so long??

That's so sweet! I hope you both have a wonderful time! :)

Dang Beth, now I am crying! How totally sweet of him....can he give Brian a call for me and give some hints???

Awww..how sweet! He sure is a keeper!!;)

Teresa Lynn said:
do you mean because we've been married so long??
No, it was just the way that you seemed to be caught off guard by it. It just struck me as funny after Beth's husband and all of his planning. (I hope it didn't sound rude, it truly just struck me as funny.)

well, lets see it slipped up on me because my days and nights are starting to run together.
Our son graduates next week, our daughter just turned 14 last week and has had a constant migraine for the last month, I have been taking her to a drs about 3 x a week, just moved our oldest home from college, dance recital for the Sr. boy & our daughter, Sr. Sunday at church, school awards banquets, breakfasts & ceremonies, and & 10 family members coming in 3 days to stay for graduation (& thru my anniversary),
and a grad BBQ for 130+ people.I was even stupid enough to schedule PC shows. I am running on pure adrenaline

My husband will do something special. I always get incredible gifts but never know what to get him.

Thanks guys! I do know that I am so blessed!

Awww...what a great guy you have Beth!

Beth - he is definitely a keeper - Isn't God good?

I have one like that too - being thoughtful and romantic comes much more naturally to him. (either that or he works harder at it than I do.:eek: )

That's wonderful, Beth. Sounds like you've married a wonderful man who realizes how blessed he is to have you in his life.

does he have a twin?

Happy anniversary!

(btw 6/13 is my bdy. some gfs and i are going to see sex and the city)

Happy (early) Anniversary Beth! What a sweet DH you have!

1. How do I keep the romance alive after 22 years of marriage?

After 22 years of marriage, it's important to continue making an effort to keep the romance alive. This can include planning date nights, surprising your partner with small gestures, and communicating openly about your feelings.

2. What are some creative date ideas for long-term couples?

Some creative date ideas for long-term couples include taking a cooking class together, going on a picnic, trying a new outdoor activity, or planning a surprise weekend getaway.

3. How can I spice up our love life after 22 years?

To spice up your love life after 22 years of marriage, try introducing new activities into the bedroom, communicating your desires to your partner, and making an effort to keep things exciting and spontaneous.

4. How important is communication in maintaining romance after 22 years of marriage?

Communication is crucial in maintaining romance after 22 years of marriage. It allows you to express your feelings, address any issues that may arise, and keep the spark alive in your relationship.

5. What are some small gestures I can do to show my partner I still care after 22 years?

Some small gestures to show your partner you still care after 22 years of marriage include leaving love notes, cooking their favorite meal, planning a surprise date, and taking the time to listen and support them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
dkitten13
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views