• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent (And Politics) See This Link for Info on the Stimulus Package

The appointed one has plans to frag the Tricare program in order to Pay for other things!!! Please forward this information to anyone you know who is retired military. Please also write your Congressional representatives and let them know how important it is that they pass a balanced budget that does not attack the Tri Care for Life program.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I am certainly not one to debate...cuz I am not good at it!! lol

BUT, this link (and MANY articles that are listed on this site) may help to shed some light on the stimulus package that is going through the Senate this week. Speak now (to your representitives) or forever hold your peace!

http://www.resistnet.com/

I read recently that if you combined the bank bailout and the stimulus package together, divide it among all 2008 taxpayers, it would equal over $9700.00 per taxpayer. Why don't they just give us the money and we can boost the economy?

pkd09 said:
I read recently that if you combined the bank bailout and the stimulus package together, divide it among all 2008 taxpayers, it would equal over $9700.00 per taxpayer. Why don't they just give us the money and we can boost the economy?

Cuz that would be too easy! Then again....think of all the stupid people out there who would use it to buy flat screen TV's and go on vacations...only to come back home to being one paycheck away from losing it all.

First, let's please NOT get back into the very intense, flaming "us vs them" debates we had pre-election. I'd rather debate stainless vs Executive cookware!

There's always a debate on what helps the economy more, giving money directly to people or investing in infrastructure and industry. On the one hand, getting money to people via tax breaks is quicker, but not all those dollars beget more dollars (increased spending, investment, housing), as many people pay off debt. On the other hand, investing in infrastructure and industry takes longer, but can result in more jobs. Seems to me we need a little each...and some limits on executive compensation. My xH works for AT&T and told me that their CEO is forgoing his bonus, but giving all the employees a small one this year.

As for our elected officials in both branches and both parties, I really hope that they drop their attitudes and craft a package that is balanced and practical.

THIS CAME TO ME VIA EMAIL FROM A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE...just sending it along if you'd like to be better informed...not sending it to start a "war"

Passing along some very important info to you regarding Tricare. Please read the message below and take it for what it's worth. Also, if you feel it's important enough, pass this info to all other retirees you may know.

I received this message this morning from a colleague of some 33 years standing (Warner Robins, GA and SAC HQ were assignments together). I Looked at the documents in question at the bottom of the note. This is very, Very real! "The appointed one" plans to frag the Tricare program in order to Pay for other things!!!

To all, this is for real! The heavy assault has begun on Veterans'/Retirees' benefits to pay for other programs. The word on the street is that these indeed are a high priority of the Obama administration. The one most of interest to Retired Military is in Article 189. If approved by Congress The first assault wave would hit the beaches in 2011 and would hit hard. It would initiate cost sharing to require retirees to pay the first $525 of medical cost and 50% of the next $4,725 for a first year cost of $2,888 Per person. It would be indexed to increase with inflation. A reason given For this action (for PR effect) is "overuse" by Retirees.

This will be a major increase for anyone using TRICARE related services, Not just TRICARE for Life (TFL). There is a link below to the OMB report.

Search for TRICARE and read 95, 96 and 97. They are out to increase cost For active duty, retirees not eligible for TFL and those using TFL.

Please review and write your Congressional representatives. Also, Please pass this to any retiree's you know. I love how cavalier the bean Counters are when they state "minimum out of pocket expenses" and then they Further state of the savings 22% would come from a reduced demand for medical services, which said another way is that 78% of the savings would come From retirees!!! We need MOAA, VFW and AL all over this and soonest!!

If you know of anyone who is Retired Military, please forward this on to them.

I don't know how many of you partake of the Tri Care for Life program But here is a very interesting note on the subject. Seems as though our President has placed a priority on cutting it out of the budget as a Means to provide funding for those things he promised during the campaign.

In any case, on page 189 of the Congressional Budget Office report (see The note below on how to get to that spot), there is a strong recommendation To eventually eliminate the program as it is too expensive?

I would ask that you contact your elected officials and register your Strong opposition to the elimination of this program. Just another move to Slight those of us who dedicated much of our adult lives to the defense of our country? Thanks for listening.

Please follow this link:
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/99xx/doc9925/12-18-HealthOptions.pdf <http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/99xx/doc9925/12-18-HealthOptions.pdf>
In order to open one of the documents:
1. follow the above URL
2. click on PDF
3. click on the binoculars
4. do a search for TFL (pgs 175-177)
You will be SHOCKED at the language and the cavalier nature of the descriptions of "us" there.

This isn't a stimulus package, it is a barrel of pork. Yes, there is some infrastructure funding in it - the dirty little secret is that it is less than 5% is targeted to infrastructure. It also smacks of a lot of the failed programs that FDR tried in the 1930s. They didn't work then, what makes anyone believe the same recycled ideas would work now?As for leaders dropping their attitudes - how about starting with Nancy Pelosi? The "stimulus" bill stinks of rotting pork, and it appears that the general public has caught on to it. Popular support of this thing is plummeting.

I've done my part - my Congressman and my Senator are both against it. And yes, I know it passed Congress, but I can only have the vote my Congressman has!

I LOVE my Congressman - he has the same views as me and always votes the way I would!!

It's such a vicious cycle. People fault on their loans to the banks, the banks make it hard for businesses, businesses have to make cuts, people get laid off, people don't have money to spend, people fault on loans. My husband is a Physical Therapist, but also a district manager and is in charge of 8 clinics. His company is having a hard time reaching their projections and growth to pay the banks due to the economy slowing down and people deciding to skip physical therapy or postpone their surgeries (which leads to needing PT). So all the top dogs are not taking a paycheck for this first quarter. They "asked" my husband and all the other management type people to take a large pay cut for the first quarter. Even doing that, it wasn't enough, so then they had to lay off some people. Now my husband was told they are having an emergency phone conference today (and he's guessing the next phase of the plan is to cut hours for the secretaries.) This is all so sad for all these people. And the real kicker is that my husband's area is actually growing with business. He just finished hiring extra staff so he can have the help he needs. Now he has to eliminate positions. He is working 18 hours every day because his own labor is the cheapest (free). We are just glad he has a job. This economy is hard. We all are being touched by it or know someone close who is. I wish it could turn around. I wonder what it's going to take and how long we have to wait it out.We need white collar jobs created! Those businesses create other types of jobs. But I really don't know how it all has to happen so that businesses can afford to start hiring again.

I personally do not agree with the Stimilus package at all. I will spend what money we get if it passes but I do not agree with it. I do not agree with devaling the dollar once more to give out more money for what MIGHT help the economy.

I think it will be the same with the pakcage given to mortage companies, the people who were not paying their loans then are not paying them now. The banks needed to accept responsibility for bad loaning practices. It is their responsibility to look at someones income and expenses and see the payment they can afford. It is common sense to not give money to someone making $4000 a month if they are asking for something with a $3000 a month payment. People need to learn to live within their means and not live to impress society.

I do think b/c of the trickle down affect the car companies needed their stimilus as long as there are restrictions put on them.

I do not agree with Obama's package. I think it is putting a bandaid on a wound without fixing it. Creating mroe debt for our country is not going to fix the problem. Cutting out uneccasary spending and government programs would help our country not printing more money.

If the money were actually being spent on projects that would be PRACTICAL and actually stimulate something for the general population, versus special interests, that would be a different story. But there are so many special interest and wasteful projects being funded, it's laughable. I mean, seriously- do we need to give $4 billion to ACORN? I don't know if the Senate version has changed much, not likely. But the list is just ludicrous, in my opinion. :DWhat is just as frustrating, is listening to our local state/city governments just licking their chops waiting for "their cut" of the bailout and what they want to do with it! It's just as bad- one town was talking about finishing a WALKING TRAIL in the county, building a pedestrian bridge over a large highway (??), and creating a Minor League Baseball Hall of Fame. What the??? This same government has a huge shortfall. It's pathetic.if we ran our households the way the governments are 'balancing' or working their budgets and income, we'd ALL be homeless!Sorry- this just irritates me. And yes, I've sent my letters/emails, etc to my reps- for all the good it will do. :(

KellyTheChef said:
Cuz that would be too easy! Then again....think of all the stupid people out there who would use it to buy flat screen TV's and go on vacations...only to come back home to being one paycheck away from losing it all.

i am very fortunate in that this economic crisis has hardly effected me personally. i still have my great paying job, im not going to lose my house or my car. so if they wanted to give me that $9700, i would gladly turn around & put it right back into our economy with things like tv's & vacations - i could even use a new car right now & that would help the car industry ;):p

esavvymom said:
If the money were actually being spent on projects that would be PRACTICAL and actually stimulate something for the general population, versus special interests, that would be a different story. But there are so many special interest and wasteful projects being funded, it's laughable. I mean, seriously- do we need to give $4 billion to ACORN? I don't know if the Senate version has changed much, not likely. But the list is just ludicrous, in my opinion. :D

What is just as frustrating, is listening to our local state/city governments just licking their chops waiting for "their cut" of the bailout and what they want to do with it! It's just as bad- one town was talking about finishing a WALKING TRAIL in the county, building a pedestrian bridge over a large highway (??), and creating a Minor League Baseball Hall of Fame. What the??? This same government has a huge shortfall. It's pathetic.

if we ran our households the way the governments are 'balancing' or working their budgets and income, we'd ALL be homeless!

Sorry- this just irritates me. And yes, I've sent my letters/emails, etc to my reps- for all the good it will do. :(

Well, "we" do if they helped "us" win the election.:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Well, "we" do if they helped "us" win the election.:rolleyes:

That is too funny a comment...;)

What is the Stimulus Package?

The Stimulus Package, officially known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), is a law passed by the US government in 2009 in response to the Great Recession. Its main goal was to stimulate economic growth and create jobs through tax cuts, infrastructure investments, and other measures.

How much money was allocated for the Stimulus Package?

The total amount of money allocated for the Stimulus Package was $787 billion. This included approximately $288 billion in tax cuts, $275 billion in infrastructure and science investments, and $224 billion in direct aid to individuals and families.

Who is eligible to receive benefits from the Stimulus Package?

The Stimulus Package aimed to provide benefits to a wide range of individuals and groups, including low-income families, small businesses, unemployed workers, and state and local governments. Eligibility for specific benefits may vary, so it is best to consult with a tax professional or refer to the official government website for more information.

What impact did the Stimulus Package have on the economy?

The impact of the Stimulus Package on the economy is a topic of ongoing debate. Some argue that it helped to prevent a deeper recession and create jobs, while others criticize it for not being effective enough. However, most experts agree that it did have some positive impact on economic growth and job creation.

Is the Stimulus Package still in effect?

No, the Stimulus Package is no longer in effect. Most of its provisions expired in 2011, although some of its tax cuts were extended until 2012. However, the effects of the Stimulus Package on the economy and government spending can still be seen today.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva