• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Watch This and Check Your Tires!! This Info Could Save Your Life

In summary, regularly checking your tires is important for maintaining proper inflation, improving gas mileage and handling, and identifying potential issues. It is recommended to check your tires at least once a month or before a long road trip. Tires should be replaced when the tread depth reaches 2/32 of an inch, or if there are any visible cracks, bulges, or punctures. It is also suggested to replace tires every 6 years, regardless of their appearance. Tire pressure cannot be accurately checked with just your eyes, and a tire pressure gauge is needed. Additionally, rotating your tires every 5,000 to 7,500 miles or as recommended by your vehicle's manufacturer can help promote even wear and prolong the life of your tires
esavvymom
Staff member
My DH and I came across this ABC 20/20 news report and it appears to be from 2008- so you may have seen this already... but I had never seen or heard this before, and it’s quite disturbing (and infuriating). I am sending it to EVERYONE I have in my email contact list and posting in my online hangouts...because it could save YOUR life or someone you know or love. Please pass this on. After watching it, Eric and I went out immediately and checked our tires- and found they are “ok”. I hope you will do the same.

Cut and paste this link into your web browser and play the video. It could save your life!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/12/31/Not-Knowing-This-about-Your-Car-Tires-Could-Kill-You-or-Your-Loved-Ones.aspx

God’s blessing to you all in the New Year!

Thanks, Bobbi! I'm posting this on Facebook now.

WOW...very timely. I am in need of at least 2 new tires and maybe 4 one of the "good ones" needed "fix a flat" tonight!

Also, a good thing for my 19 year old who likes to barter and buy tires from people. GAK..I just felt a few more hairs turn grey!!:eek:

1. What is the importance of checking my tires regularly?

Regularly checking your tires ensures that they are properly inflated, which can improve gas mileage and handling, and also helps identify any potential issues that could lead to a tire blowout.

2. How often should I check my tires?

It is recommended to check your tires at least once a month, or before embarking on a long road trip. You should also check your tires if you notice any changes in handling or if your tire pressure warning light comes on.

3. How do I know when it's time to replace my tires?

You should replace your tires when the tread depth reaches 2/32 of an inch or if you notice any cracks, bulges, or punctures. It is also recommended to replace tires every 6 years, even if they appear to be in good condition.

4. Can I check my tire pressure with just my eyes?

No, it is not possible to accurately check tire pressure just by looking at your tires. You will need a tire pressure gauge to get an accurate reading.

5. Is it important to rotate my tires?

Yes, rotating your tires helps promote even wear and extends the life of your tires. It is recommended to rotate your tires every 5,000 to 7,500 miles, or as recommended by your vehicle's manufacturer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
sharalam