• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Fun Night of Waiting in Line for My Last Book

In summary, anyone go and stand in line last night to get their book besides me? I have never gone to stand in line for anything, but since it was the last book I decided "why not?" It was kind of fun. The people around me were nice and we all talked. I had gotten to Walmart early and got my bracelet to save my place in line. I wasn't sure what that meant since the bracelet didn't have a number on it. Turns out they had different color braclets and ours was red, so red bracelets got to go
jenniferlynne
Anyone go and stand in line last night to get their book besides me? I have never gone to stand in line for anything, but since it was the last book I decided "why not?" It was kind of fun. The people around me were nice and we all talked. I had gotten to Walmart early and got my bracelet to save my place in line. I wasn't sure what that meant since the bracelet didn't have a number on it. Turns out they had different color braclets and ours was red, so red bracelets got to go first. They cut seals off the cases at 12:01 and I had my book paid for and I was out the door by 12:10. Not too bad.

Still waiting on my copy to be delivered by Amazon. Preorders were supposedly guaranteed to be delivered today. I'm a bit worried though as UPS tracking shows it was delivered yesterday morning. Of course that was delivery to the 'dock' and signed for by someone else which is frustrating since UPS tracking won't go any further than their 'delivered' status so who know when it will be here.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. One time I preordered and it came fairly quickly, but I don't think it came the day it was due out. Happy reading! That is where I am headed too now.

My husband went for us last night....he said the line was pretty long at wal mart. Amazingly they only had 600 copies and were giving out wrist bands, and anyone with a wrist band could buy up to 10 copies if they wanted to! I'm sure they could be out of those copies by now!!!

I went to walmart at midnight last night... it was tons of fun.. no fights no chaos in and out in under 20 minutes :)

Pre-ordered mine from Amazon. Still waiting. Went to see the new movie last night though. It was pretty good. Sat next to my daughter who commentated throughout the whole thing..."That's not in the book." "They skipped this and they skipped that" I need to remember not to sit next to her next movie. She did that when we watched Eragon, too.

jenniferlynne said:
Anyone go and stand in line last night to get their book besides me? I have never gone to stand in line for anything, but since it was the last book I decided "why not?" It was kind of fun. The people around me were nice and we all talked. I had gotten to Walmart early and got my bracelet to save my place in line. I wasn't sure what that meant since the bracelet didn't have a number on it. Turns out they had different color braclets and ours was red, so red bracelets got to go first. They cut seals off the cases at 12:01 and I had my book paid for and I was out the door by 12:10. Not too bad.

Yeppers, I stood in line at Walmart. :D I was one of those nerds shooting pictures of everyone standing in line and taking pictures as the plastic was cut off the display and then the cardboard being removed. There was a moment where it seemed everyone took a huge breath simultaneously once the books were revealed. I got my red wrist band (the guy gave me two since my hubby was home with our babies), some posters, bookmarks, quiz guides, etc. and started reading once I got home.

I've been so nervous that someone was going to leak the ending or that someone else standing in the lines at Walmart was going to start reading from the last few pages or something. :eek:

STILL WAITING TOO!!! I keep checking the door every 5 minutes...:eek:
My DH asked (at about the 10th time) "what in the world are you looking for?" I said "HARRY !!" He thinks I'm nuts :rolleyes:

I went last night to at 12:00 got out fairly fast 40 mins although I did do some shopping while I was there. I also read till 2 last night and some this AM need to pack though so I cant do more reading.

I am still waiting for mine. I preordered it months ago from walmart.com. I can't wait.

My 4(!) copies were delivered via USPS this morning. I preordered from Amazon.No, they're not all for me. 1 for me, and 1 each for my sisters' and SIL's households.

Here's the post I started my thread with this morning...

Got mine around noon. Been so busy at work and doing customer care calls, I haven't started reading yet. Good for me, business first, Harry second. Very difficult choice though.:D

Went to Border's last night, got there at 12:20 - they said the wait till our armband was called would be 3:30! Thank goodness, they didn't have that right! Got to the checkout at about 1:40 - my daughter (14 yr. old) started reading last night (gave up at around 3) and actually set her alarm for this morning at 7 - just told me that she is now done (4:30). It is exciting to see so many people interested in reading, with all the high-tech pasttimes out there - your own imagination can be so much more exciting!
Annette :)

I took my son to Walmart aroung 9:30 am and walked right up and got it! I thought about going last night but nahhhh, after coming home from my show, I fell asleep on the couch and said Noooooowaaaayyyy at 2:00 when I woke up! Instead we just drove out this morning! There were plenty left! We've read 2 chapters! But I need to get the house cleaned up and I need to do laundry, I still need to pull all my clothes out of my suitcase from Chicago and clean those too!
I figure my son and I will slip into his room and read another chapter every 90 minutes or so! I know what him and I will be doing at every spare moment for the next 7-10 days!:)

I ordered mine from Amazon. UPS shipped it but it would up be a USPS delivery - weird. I got it at 12:30, finished it a little while ago.VERY GOOD! :D

I got mine at about 3pm... I would have started it, but have spent all day on the phone (2 hours with my director - her mom has the kids, so we got to chat, and an hour with another pc consultant who we've played phone tag all week.) now i just realized that I have an open house to be at in an hour and I haven't showered... which i better do, as I want my friend, whose putting on this shin-dig, to do a party in the beginning of August for me...

jenniferp417 said:
I ordered mine from Amazon. UPS shipped it but it would up be a USPS delivery - weird. I got it at 12:30, finished it a little while ago.

VERY GOOD! :D

Your already done? wow you are a fast reader, I am sure it doesnt help that I keep stopping to get on here or go pack and clean for my trip:D

I just got mineWent to the movies and then the mall stopped by Borders on my way out and got one. No wait no line it was nice ;o)

Jennie4PC said:
Your already done? wow you are a fast reader, I am sure it doesnt help that I keep stopping to get on here or go pack and clean for my trip:D

I'm a natural speed-reader. After I finished it, I called my sister-in-law - my brother was nearly finished too.

I love to read. :D

^^WOW! I read fast too but that whole book in 1 day! :eek: :eek:

It's tough enough for me to type while speeding, I'm not going to take up reading, too.

ooohhhhh.... soooo good! Just finished about 20 minutes ago.

I finished it early this morning, so I've been waiting for you. I don't want to post any spoilers, but who ever have thought that the butler did it?

I was good - I didn't stay up all night reading. That would have thrown my whole schedule off. I probably should have re-read at least Order and Half-Blood before I read this one, because it's been 2 years since I read them, and could have used a refresher on a couple of characters.

I thought the same thing, but a lot of that came crashing back as I read the book.

Same here. It wasn't that long ago that I'd read all the books though, and that helped.

I haven't started the new one because I am re-reading The Half-Blood Prince. I should have started it last week, but I have been busy. I can't wait!!!!

Loved it!!! Now I can get on with my business.

chefann said:
I was good - I didn't stay up all night reading. That would have thrown my whole schedule off.

I probably should have re-read at least Order and Half-Blood before I read this one, because it's been 2 years since I read them, and could have used a refresher on a couple of characters.
I would have been awake all night, anyway, so I went ahead and read it. Now that my project is done, I have to try and get my system acclimated to normal hours again and I wonder how long that's going to take.

1. What book were you waiting in line for?

The book was the last book in a series, which had just been released.

2. How long did you have to wait in line?

I arrived early at the store and got a bracelet to save my place in line. We had to wait until 12:01 when the store cut the seals off the cases to start selling the book. I was able to purchase the book and leave by 12:10, so I waited for about 9 minutes in total.

3. Was it worth it to wait in line for the book?

As a scientist, I cannot provide a personal opinion on the value of the experience. However, for those who were passionate about the series and wanted to be among the first to read the book, it may have been worth it to wait in line.

4. Did you interact with other people while waiting in line?

Yes, I did. The people around me were friendly and we were all excited about the release of the book. We talked about our favorite characters and theories about how the series would end.

5. Did everyone have a chance to purchase the book?

Since the store gave out different color bracelets to different groups of people, those with red bracelets were able to purchase the book first. However, it is likely that everyone who waited in line was able to purchase the book once the store opened at 12:01.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
Replies
Views
ChefKelebel