• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

4 Yr Old B-Day Party Etiquette??

DD was screaming and hollering the whole time.DS has his first birthday party tomorrow not at someone's house. It's at Chuck E Cheese. But, I've never been to a child's birthday party like this.I've never even been to Chuck E Cheese either. I'd like for DH to go with me. We haven't seen much of each other this week.....and I'm missing him!:cry: Is it okay for both of us to go?It is okay for both of you to go to the party.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
DS has his first birthday party tomorrow not at someone's house. It's at Chuck E Cheese.

(According to him, he's been waiting his whole life to go there!:D)

But, I've never been to a child's birthday party like this.I've never even been to Chuck E Cheese either. I'd like for DH to go with me. We haven't seen much of each other this week.....and I'm missing him!:cry: Is is okay for both of us to go?

The party starts at 5pm.....would DH and I need to pay for dinner, or should we eat before we go?

The gift is taken care of at least. DS and I went shopping today and found a LOVELY Transformer of some sort.:rolleyes:

Usually the kids are paid for, parents need to pay for themselves at their own table near by. At least that is what happens when we have attended parties here in OK.

If you've never been before I'd eat before I go.... From what i remember when our kids were little CEC pizza isn't wonderful

So we go, but we sit at a different table?

Becky,

In my experiences, especially for a 5pm party, there is usually pizza for the kids at least and sometimes for the parents. You would for sure be able to order something for you & DH and sit at a table near the party. At every Chuck E Cheese that I've been to, there are party tables set up and regular tables right near by.

I recommend the breadsticks!

Kathy

Teresa Lynn said:
If you've never been before I'd eat before I go.... From what i remember when our kids were little CEC pizza isn't wonderful

Thanks for that tip! We are picky about our pizza!

When I had to take kids I nannied to parties, I paid for my own food. Chucky Cheese will really be quite the adventure for you...you will have to let me know what you think. I'd bring some Advil with you just in case! (it's quite the zoo and it's loud)

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
Becky,

In my experiences, especially for a 5pm party, there is usually pizza for the kids at least and sometimes for the parents. You would for sure be able to order something for you & DH and sit at a table near the party. At every Chuck E Cheese that I've been to, there are party tables set up and regular tables right near by.

I recommend the breadsticks!

Kathy

and the BEER! Can't handle Chuck E with out it!!!!!!!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
So we go, but we sit at a different table?

Yes, but a table close by the party table- make it a festive date night for you and DH at a place filled with cheese flavored cardboard and screaming kids and blinking lights and loud games! It'll be great! :)

Usually, they are near a Target maybe you can sneak away to theresorry, CEC is loud and obnoxious (darn troll attitude sneaking out) sorry

oh, and bring plenty of hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes....it is not the most, um, shall we say, um, sanitary of places.............

Okay - you guys are making me very nervous about this....I'm for sure not telling DH anything other than we will be sitting at a different table!

Dang!! yours serves beer maybe I'll have to borrow the neighbor kids and give them another chance.

Kitchen Diva said:
Yes, but a table close by the party table- make it a festive date night for you and DH at a place filled with cheese flavored cardboard and screaming kids and blinking lights and loud games! It'll be great! :)

LOL! DS just asked me what I am laughing about....I told him my friends are telling me how much fun we are going to have at Chucks!

Teresa Lynn said:
Dang!! yours serves beer maybe I'll have to borrow the neighbor kids and give them another chance.

Oh, Teresa, there is NO WAY I would do CEC's without it! Here, they open at 11 am and we call that "beer-thirty" when we had to take our kids there!

Teresa Lynn said:
Usually, they are near a Target maybe you can sneak away to there

sorry, CEC is loud and obnoxious (darn troll attitude sneaking out) sorry

There IS a Target next door!:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - you guys are making me very nervous about this....I'm for sure not telling DH anything other than we will be sitting at a different table!

I will share that the pizza is NOT good, so if you are picky, eat something before you go!
I am not trying to scare you, but if someone benefits from the experiences I have had there, GOOD!
When DD was little, she FREAKED OUT when Chuck E comes out "in person"! She hated any kind of "character" (which made Disney loads of fun!), so beware that this happens for the birthday kid!
Also, insist that your son NOT GO IN THE TUBES in the ceiling....once, my BIL & I took the girls there and his DD got stuck up there and wouldn't come out...he climbed in to get her and told me it was a nightmare of food up there!

chefmeg said:
I will share that the pizza is NOT good, so if you are picky, eat something before you go!
I am not trying to scare you, but if someone benefits from the experiences I have had there, GOOD!
When DD was little, she FREAKED OUT when Chuck E comes out "in person"! She hated any kind of "character" (which made Disney loads of fun!), so beware that this happens for the birthday kid!
Also, insist that your son NOT GO IN THE TUBES in the ceiling....once, my BIL & I took the girls there and his DD got stuck up there and wouldn't come out...he climbed in to get her and told me it was a nightmare of food up there!

Groan!:yuck::yuck::yuck:

And DS keeps asking how much longer until Aiden's B-day party!:eek::eek::eek:

And make sure you take $$ for extra tokens. All the games/rides cost at least one token. I think with the bday packages, each kid gets a few tokens, but it isn't many. So be prepared for DS to want more.

ChefBeckyD said:
Groan!:yuck::yuck::yuck:

And DS keeps asking how much longer until Aiden's B-day party!:eek::eek::eek:

It is going to be OK! There is SO much for him to do other than the tunnels, he will be fine....just take hand sanitizer!

chefmeg said:
It is going to be OK! There is SO much for him to do other than the tunnels, he will be fine....just take hand sanitizer!
In my purse as we speak! Along with wipees!

I LOVE:love::love::love: Chuck E Cheese!!! First time I went, didn't realize that a 20.00 in the token machine would spit out about 500 tokens!:eek: All the kids came running over & there was a field day for the tokens flying all over the place! It was such fun, that when we ran out of those tokens I threw another 20 in & they all went nuts again!!:D

you are such a kind woman Rita! I can't believe you were not mobbed!

ChefBeckyD said:

Don't be nervous... It's a place for kids to scream, laugh, yell and run and play- no it isn't the most clean, but it has to be somewhat clean or they could not stay open. you'll be fine with some hand sanitizer and some beer...

Just make sure you don't drink too much of the alcohol in a glass that you confuse which alcohol you should be drinking.

Kitchen Diva said:
Don't be nervous... It's a place for kids to scream, laugh, yell and run and play- no it isn't the most clean, but it has to be somewhat clean or they could not stay open. you'll be fine with some hand sanitizer and some beer...

But Kacey is right. CEC is a great place for kids to run and play and be loud. You have to scream to make yourself heard, so no "inside voices" allowed. And at least at the one by us, each child and accompanying adult(s) get matching number stamps on their hands when you enter. To leave, you must show your number and the number of the kid you are trying to take out before you can leave. The one by us really enforces this rule and it makes me feel very safe.

yeah, they make you take the kid whether you want to or not

I know! I asked if I went to the bathroom and scrubbed my number off, if I could leave without any children in tow.

Teresa Lynn said:
yeah, they make you take the kid whether you want to or not

Okay lady... not funny now I have sweet tea on my flat screen....

Too funny! I gotta find a picture of a cute little troll for you... hang on...http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/kacey1972/1troll.jpg

this troll wants friends how in the h#$% do you add invite people?

Teresa Lynn said:

click on their screen name, go to user profile, and then in the friends section, click on Befriend ________

It took me until today to figure it out too!

Teresa Lynn said:

Go to someone's profile page and click on befriend so and so... and it'll send them an invite. Here, I'll go and add you to my friends list, that is if you accept. And if you don't... well....
2peop1-1.gif
maybe Johnny lead pumper will change your mind!

Hahahhaahhaaaa:D

I wanna be your friend but now a host is calling B back later
don't have too much fun without me

Related to 4 Yr Old B-Day Party Etiquette??

1. Can both parents attend a child's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese?

Yes, it is completely acceptable for both parents to attend a child's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. In fact, it is encouraged for both parents to attend and share in the celebration.

2. Do we need to pay for dinner at the party?

Typically, the cost of the party at Chuck E Cheese includes food for the children attending. However, if you and your spouse would like to eat, it is recommended to eat beforehand or bring some extra money for food at the venue.

3. Is it appropriate to bring a gift to a Chuck E Cheese birthday party?

Yes, it is customary to bring a gift to a child's birthday party, even if it is held at Chuck E Cheese. Your thoughtful gesture will be appreciated by the birthday child and their parents.

4. What time should we arrive at the party?

The party starts at 5pm, so it is recommended to arrive a few minutes early to ensure you have enough time to check-in and get settled before the festivities begin.

5. Is it okay to bring siblings to the party?

It is always best to check with the birthday child's parents before bringing any additional children to the party. Some parents may prefer to keep the party limited to the invited guests. However, if siblings are allowed, make sure they are included in the RSVP and any additional fees for their participation are taken care of.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• merego
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
merego
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • elizabethfox