• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need to Close Out Party~ Host Is Mia~Help ( Kind of Long)

In summary, the host had a $620.00 party and did not respond to messages or emails from the guest. The guest's husband called the host's husband and the host's husband did not respond. The guest is worried something bad may have happened and is considering putting some of the orders from the party on a vendor event. The guest is also worried about flying out to Colorado and meeting her husband and older son for Father's Day.
merego
I had a $620.00 party on June 2nd. The host asked me to keep it open for 1 week because she has outside orders from people who could not make it at the last minute. I explained I would call her on Monday, we would finalize everything and I would go over how much she would get in free products, discounts etc.. I had told her she was already at $115 in free product and to start picking out items she wanted. Monday rolls around, left 2 messages and an e-mail, Tues~same, Wed~same , Thurs~same and today is Friday, still no return calls from home, cell or e-mail. I am worried something bad may have happened, but this is a good friend of the family so we would have heard. DH called her husband ( his best friend) and we have not heard back from him either. She asked me to keep the party open so why would they go out of town and pick Monday to close out her party?? ( DH thinks maybe they are out of town). People ordered b/c they had specific items they wanted for Father's Day and I knew if I put the order in on Monday we would have had the shipment by Father's Day. Host even told everyone she was closing out the following Monday. I had to call everyone and tell them the order did not get placed yet and they will not have the items for Father's Day. What do I do???:cry: :cry:
I am praying nothing bad happened, DH said the parents are out of town so he can't get ahold of them to see if everything is ok.
I can not turn in the order without the host picking out her items can I??
:cry: My only other thought is to put some of the outside orders I put on her party on a vendor event from tonight ( which was a bust, by the way) and I can least get some of these people there items. The other problem is I fly out Monday with DD and DS to meet DH, older DS and friend in Colorado. That will be another 10 day delay if I don't hear from her by Sunday night. She knew we were leaving on Vacation. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!:cry: :cry:

I personally (don't hate me if you don't agree) would put the orders of people that wanted their things sooner on that vendor fair show from today. I know they won't get their items by Father's Day, but at least they'll get them next week and can tell their hubby's or dad's that they are sorry it was later...it was in the mail! :)

I'm sorry this has happened. I've had hosts like that before. One took 1 month to close and to boot she still has stuff I ordered from other DS consultants at the open house I did for her- we can never seem to find a date that works to meet.

HTH- I wish I had a better suggestion. Or, see if those guests are willing to hold out so that the host can get her goodies, and give them each a bottle of cinnamon or jerk rub or something like that as a "thank-you" for your patience and understanding.

hugs!

Kitchen Diva said:
I personally (don't hate me if you don't agree) would put the orders of people that wanted their things sooner on that vendor fair show from today. I know they won't get their items by Father's Day, but at least they'll get them next week and can tell their hubby's or dad's that they are sorry it was later...it was in the mail! :)

I'm sorry this has happened. I've had hosts like that before. One took 1 month to close and to boot she still has stuff I ordered from other DS consultants at the open house I did for her- we can never seem to find a date that works to meet.

HTH- I wish I had a better suggestion. Or, see if those guests are willing to hold out so that the host can get her goodies, and give them each a bottle of cinnamon or jerk rub or something like that as a "thank-you" for your patience and understanding.

hugs!

AWWW, I knew you'd be the first one to answer me sis :)
I want to put them on this vendor order, but wadn't sure if that would be rude. She is toddler DS godmother. It's odd because we are so close to her and her husband and it's not like she is someone I have never met. I am worried that something bad happened, but then am worried people are going to be mad because they want the goods :) Going on vacation isn't helping. I can bring my laptop and oplace the order from vacay if I need to, but I am starting to feel like a stalker calling everyday, twice a day.:grumpy:

In my opinion you can do one of two things- the logical thing would be to put the show onto the vendor fair and get the customer's their products. Or you can do what your heart is telling you, which is to wait and do it while on vacation. Up to you-

As long as you called everyone to let them know, I wouldn't worry about it..I would however, wait until Monday and if you have not heard from the host, call those guests back that wanted their items asap and see if they want them ordered separately...if they wanted them specifically for fathers day, I hope they do not cancel those orders. If they want to go ahead and wait for their products, that is up to them, but I would defintely call and tell them you are waiting on the HOST to get back to you. Good luck!

I would call the guest and see if any of them know what happened to the host. They might know something and that would ease your mind. I would see if they want to wait until you here from the host before placing the order. If you tell them you are concerend about her and want to wait to make sure she is okay before placing the order they may feel the same way. I hope she is all right, keep us posted.

I agree contact the guests and say you are worried about suzie hostess as you have not been able to reach her. Either they will know that something has happened or they will be on the phone to her telling her to get off her duff! I would not feel comfortable taking the orders and putting them on a different show. The Host did do the work to invite and collect orders.

etteluap70PC said:
I agree contact the guests and say you are worried about suzie hostess as you have not been able to reach her. Either they will know that something has happened or they will be on the phone to her telling her to get off her duff! I would not feel comfortable taking the orders and putting them on a different show. The Host did do the work to invite and collect orders.

I agree with Paulette - I think if it was a show that hadn't qualified, that would be different...but she is expecting $115 in free product, I know it can be frustrating to not be able to get a host to close a show, but you still have an obligation to her as a host. From June 2nd til now is really not that long of a time period - and you don't know what might have come up.

If she is a good friend, and you are worried - why not just run by her house and make sure everything is okay?

ChefBeckyD said:
I agree with Paulette - I think if it was a show that hadn't qualified, that would be different...but she is expecting $115 in free product, I know it can be frustrating to not be able to get a host to close a show, but you still have an obligation to her as a host. From June 2nd til now is really not that long of a time period - and you don't know what might have come up.

If she is a good friend, and you are worried - why not just run by her house and make sure everything is okay?

They live an hour away from us, so it is not close to us.I have a neighbors numbers from an order, so I am going to call her today, I didn't think of that.

Chef Michelle D said:
I would call the guest and see if any of them know what happened to the host. They might know something and that would ease your mind. I would see if they want to wait until you here from the host before placing the order. If you tell them you are concerend about her and want to wait to make sure she is okay before placing the order they may feel the same way. I hope she is all right, keep us posted.

I had talked to a mutual friend of ours because her sheet pans were being shipped out and I said by the way have you talked to Dana since the party? She said no and Val ( another friend) said she had tried to call her and didn't hear back either. She was wondering if the order had been placed and when she was going to get her stuff. Then we all got worried. Other friend said maybe they decided to go to the lake house, so I called the lake house and left a message, but no call back. I don't feel comfortable taking some of the orders off, BUT, these were not her orders she got, they were orders I added to her party from people who called me asking me to place an order. Still I did tell her $115.00 UGH!!!!

etteluap70PC said:

Also, she only had 5 guests and 2 are the friends I talked to, the other was the MIL who is out of town and the sister who DH didn't get a call back from either and the aunt who is out of town with the MIL. The neighbor placed an order online, so I am going to call her this morning.

gettin' weirder by the phone call, is't it???

Does the host know you added orders to help her out? If so.... call and leave her a message stating that if you do not hear from her by tomorrow you will need to submit the extra orders seperately and that will reduce her FPV to...
It may get her off her duff if that is the case. Not to mention it covers your behind...

chefmeg said:
gettin' weirder by the phone call, is't it???

Uh ya, it is.... If it was some random person I didn't know that would be one thing, but this is my toddler DS godmother. She is the sweetest person in the world and would never be rude, so that is why I am worried.
As I am typing, she is calling me. They did take a trip and she totally forgot about closing out the party. She apologized over and over and over. Sister and BIL were with them and they did not have cell service on the island so they didn't get our calls until today. At least I know they are ok, but a tad annoyed that she forgot and now I have to rush to get everything done before I leave on vacation. They are not even home yet, so she is going to call me tomorrow so we can get everything finalized and submitted.
Thanks all for listening to me vent and your advice :)

I'm glad she is okay, but how do you forget about kitchen products??!?! Is that even possible???

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm glad she is okay, but how do you forget about kitchen products??!?! Is that even possible???

I know, they are sweet, but very wealthy, so she was having this party more as a favor to help me out, so the extra products were just a bonus. MIL, who is like DH 2nd mom since DH has known them since he was a baby, she ordered $300 of stuff from me and I really doubt she needed $300 worth of stuff, she just wanted me to have a successful show. they are very nice that way :) Before I was a consultant, I was on people to get orders in so I could close out my show and get my free goods and then I would anxiously await the UPS man or is it FedEX ( I should really know that) to deliver it. Boy, I really need to get a life :) ha ha

I'm still stuck on how anyone could forget about KITCHEN tools and products. I LOVE kitchen stuff!!!!

Glad to hear she is OK~but I am with Kasey...how can you forget??? I mean, she had people in her home and then up and forgets about the products they ordered?????

chefmeg said:
Glad to hear she is OK~but I am with Kasey...how can you forget??? I mean, she had people in her home and then up and forgets about the products they ordered?????

I know, I don't get it either:confused: :confused:

What should I do if my host is MIA and I need to close out the party?

If your host is missing in action and you need to close out the party, there are a few steps you can take. First, try reaching out to your host through multiple communication channels (e.g. phone, email, social media) to see if they are available to help with the party closing process. If you still can't get in touch with them, you can reach out to their guests directly and ask if they would like to place an order or make a purchase. You can also consider extending the party deadline to give your host more time to respond.

Can I close out the party without my host's involvement?

Yes, you can close out the party without your host's involvement as long as you have their permission. This is known as a "guest-hosted" party and it is a common practice in direct sales. Before closing out the party, make sure to get your host's approval and let them know how the party went and how much they earned in free products or discounts.

What happens if I can't close out the party before the deadline?

If you are unable to close out the party before the deadline, you can still submit the orders that you have collected and close out the party as soon as possible. However, please note that the host will not receive any free products or discounts if the party is closed after the deadline. It's always best to try and close out the party before the deadline to ensure your host gets the full benefits.

How do I handle returns or exchanges for orders placed at a party?

If any guests need to return or exchange an item from their party order, they should contact you directly. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you are responsible for handling all returns and exchanges. Make sure to have a clear policy in place and communicate it to your guests. You can also reach out to the Pampered Chef Home Office for further assistance if needed.

What should I do if guests have questions or issues with their orders?

If guests have any questions or issues with their orders, encourage them to reach out to you as soon as possible. You can also provide them with the Pampered Chef Home Office contact information if they need further assistance. It's important to address any concerns promptly to ensure a positive experience for your guests and maintain good customer service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • sailorsarah