• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Worst Show of My Career, (Warning, Very Long, Venting)

In summary, the wife of a close family member went through a mini midlife crisis and left her husband for a 21 year old girl. The wife's brother-in-law, who is a husband and father, came to visit and was verbally abusive to the wife and her husband. The wife's husband and brother-in-law had a falling out and the husband took half way home with her because he didn't know the way. The wife told her brother-in-law that she thought her dad was outspoken and closed the conversation. The wife will never do a show for the family again because of the way they treated her and her husband.
tabnat80
Gold Member
:cry: Ok. So, this is a long dramatic story to begin with. I'll give you the quick version. My 26 yr old bro in law (twin to my hubby) decided to go through a mini midlife crisis this past year. He up and left his wife of 4 years (he's know her since her birth, literally) for a 21 year old, er, how do i put this nicely, homewreacking s*ut. Ok. So, I've had such a hard time dealing with this. Well, over the past few months, I've came to term that it is what it is and I have to accept her. I've tried so hard to like her even though deep down I hate her because she broke up a beautiful marriage and tore our family apart. (we are a very close family. My dh's dad is a preacher and our morals are very important to us. we get together every weekend to visit, but now bro in law won't come). This girl walks in with caked on make up, fake bong bongs, starch white hair, girls hanging out, and she smokes. She's complete opposite of his exwife whom we all love dearly. Anyways, the new girl, we'll call her JOellen for namesake. Joellen tells me that her mom wants to do a party so i say ok. Like I said, I'm really trying to like her. Well, fastforward to yesterday. I follow "joellen and my bro in law" (he won't go anywhere without her and is completely up her but*. We get to her mom's and come inside. I get my trunk unloaded and start to set up... Here's where the pis*ed off part comes in. Her dad comes in and completely slams MY HUSBAND! Can you believe it! He's never even met me or my DH. He started talking about "he better start letting you use those bleepty bleep credit cards or else you'll up and leave him like "Joellen" left her ex, we'll call him, "john". He was so ugly to me and drilled me for 30 minutes about how worthless my dh was. So, this leads me to belive that his precious Joellen and my bro. in law have been talking about my dh. So, after all this verbal abuse about my dh, i've got to put on a show. If my car had not already been unloaded, I would have left, show or no show! It was awful. I was about in tears. Her dad was the rudest person that I have ever met in my entire life. I have been so upset over what he said that I have been sick to my stomach ever since. So, I start the show (only 6 folks there) and everyone is so rude. I didn't even get to tell them how I started PC before they were up roaming around talking loudly and getting food from the kitchen to eat. I hurried up the creamy one pot pasta as fast as I could and started taking orders. i didn't ask for one person to do a show for me. I will NEVER do a show for those people as long as I live. They were so incredible rude to me and her dad's rude behavior was awful. I will close this show, get all their money, send the show in and let them know that I do not appreciate them slamming my dh whom they've never even met! UGH! I'm sorry this is so long, I just had to vent. :cry: :cry:

Oh WOW! I'm so sorry you had to deal with someone like that, much less AT A SHOW! That is incredible rude. Well, put it this way, you'll probably never have such a horrible show again!

OMG! The audacity of that man slamming your DH! Seriously, I would have put the stuff back in my trunk and made a big statement. WHO ARE THEY TO JUDGE---in fact (I am not as nice as you) and I would have said "maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself...have you met your daughter who was messing around with a married man and broke up a beautiful marriage?"

HOW DARE he, is all I have to say. I am OUTRAGED FOR YOU!

{{{sending lots of love and hugs}}}

Thanks girl. I'm still so tore up over it. And then, my bro in law road 1/2 way home with me b/c I don't know the roads and he had the audacity to ask me what I thought of her family. He thinks they hung the moon. well, I was mad at him too because he heard the whole thing and didn't say a word. I just told him that i thought that her dad was outspoken and I closed my mouth. I will tell him exactly what i think of them, but it will be after the show is closed:)

vwpamperedchef said:
OMG! The audacity of that man slamming your DH! Seriously, I would have put the stuff back in my trunk and made a big statement. WHO ARE THEY TO JUDGE---in fact (I am not as nice as you) and I would have said "maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself...have you met your daughter who was messing around with a married man and broke up a beautiful marriage?"

HOW DARE he, is all I have to say. I am OUTRAGED FOR YOU!

{{{sending lots of love and hugs}}}

that is rotten! BUT the best part is this, it IS your business and you can choose who to do shows for. I think in this case you did the right thing by not asking.

Oh you poor thing! Yes, wait till the show is closed--& I hope it's a big one for you;) I can't believe being a twin & he wouldn't stick up for his brother. Kudos to you for holding your head up & going on with the show!:thumbup:

Oh geeze! That's terrible. Definately make sure all their checks have cleared the bank before you close this one - better yet, go cash them at their bank! One of these days BIL will see exactly what's he's got - almost sounds like they deserve each other. Just think - they can only get better after this! Hopefully this will be the worst show you ever have.

Oh, that completely stinks! How can people be so rude and not know it?But on the bright side, you'll never have a worse show - they're all going to be better from here on out.

You have far more grace and patience than I... The audacity of some people is just... so.... :yuck: sometimes... I mean, really... ugh... I'm at a loss for words...

What a mess! I don't think I would have made it through without the tears spilling over. When I get mad/upset/happy/etc. the tears flow!

I'm so sorry to hear about that awful show!! I'm sure you're already thinking of different things you could've said/done, but try not to dwell on it. It sounds like you showed real "class" in the way you dealt with it!

By the way, I agree...make sure those checks have ALL cleared before sending in that show!!!

Best wishes to you!
Paula

I agree with Paula, we are so proud of you to be able to show what your made of!:thumbup: The rest of your shows will be a cake walk.

Don't you just want to choke some people till their eyes pop like those squishy stress dolls :yuck: :D

If you haven't heard the serenity prayer, I think this situation is a good one for it. It sounds like this family isn't worth your time to be so upset. I know it bites that everything has changed with BIL but realize that he's an adult and can make his own decision. They might not be rational ones in your mind but apparently he's happy with the floozy!

I just wanted to add my hugs, and second that recommendation to hold closing the show until the checks clear... I would even second the vote to go to the bank that the checks are drawn on to either cash them or confirm they will clear... it was just discussed in another thread that checks can take months to come back to you as bad checks... Good luck!

Oh you are so much nicer then me dear!!!!! Anybody says anything about my dh and out the door I'd go. I can't even say here what would have come out of my mouth :(

Wow, what a terrible situation. I would have had to ask, "When have you met my husband?" "You must have him confused w/someone else."

rennea said:
Oh you are so much nicer then me dear!!!!! Anybody says anything about my dh and out the door I'd go. I can't even say here what would have come out of my mouth :(

It would look like

**** ***** ***** ****** ******* ***** ******!!!!!

Katie, I think you may have forgotten a few ****** ****** ******** ****** ******!!!!!

I am so sorry this happened to you~like everyone else said, this will be your worst show ever. WOW, let us know how it all turns out!!

Funny, Sarah!

Even though I would want to be done with this show, I would be SOOOO tempted to have the show shipped to my house just to make sure everything is there and nothing is broken.

Thanks for all your hugs and love. I feel better now that I've gotten if off my chest. The show was at $350 last night so maybe it'll be a little better before I close. I'm going to ship it to her house so I don't have to deal with her or her abnoxious husband ever again. Thanks again:)

tabnat80 said:
send the show in and let them know that I do not appreciate them slamming my dh whom they've never even met!
I read this and I feel really bad for you... just want to pitch in something here before more damage is done.Your issue really shouldn't be with the father... as you mentioned, he doesn't know your husband, right? I know it's hard to have your wits about you when you are so stunned... you could have said, "I didn't know you had ever met my husband... No? Where did you hear that?" Then it would have gotten the source out in the open.So where did he get all of this info about your DH? Did he get it from Joellen and the BIL? Are they the ones you need to talk to? It sounds like the father's opinion has been formed by the things THEY have been saying. And he (the father) is not totally at fault... he's only going by what he knows and how did he get that knowledge?Sounds like a sit-down with the 4 of you (Joellen, you, DH & BIL) is in order...Good luck!

Last edited:
Girl, I don't even want to tell you what I would have done because for a little thing I can kick some butt~ LOL No one slams my man!!!!
I am so sorry you had to go through that, some people are so rude and I have no tolerance for rudeness.
You are a good person and a true professional for handling it with such grace :)

Yeah, bil and Joellen are the ones that said something to him. But, believe me, he (her father) when way out of line. I'm still really upset at bil and Joellen and they will know in good time. I blame them more so than the fil because they obviously said something to him. Anyways, don't u worry, I will call them out on this, but it will be after this show is closed and I have their orders. :)

finley1991 said:
I read this and I feel really bad for you... just want to pitch in something here before more damage is done.

Your issue really shouldn't be with the father... as you mentioned, he doesn't know your husband, right? I know it's hard to have your wits about you when you are so stunned... you could have said, "I didn't know you had ever met my husband... No? Where did you hear that?" Then it would have gotten the source out in the open.

So where did he get all of this info about your DH? Did he get it from Joellen and the BIL? Are they the ones you need to talk to? It sounds like the father's opinion has been formed by the things THEY have been saying. And he (the father) is not totally at fault... he's only going by what he knows and how did he get that knowledge?

Sounds like a sit-down with the 4 of you (Joellen, you, DH & BIL) is in order...

Good luck!

Keep us posted on your progress (if any). I am still so sorry this happened to you!

I guess I missed it, but did you tell your DH about this? I think he should know (if he doesn't already) what a slime-ball his brother is.

I don't think I could have stayed to do the show. Your are much bigger of person than me. I had a bad show too, so I am kinda there with you. Only, no one was slamming my hubby. Just singing his praises (he works for their families company)
You should bring this up to them after show closing without a doubt.

Wow. I'm flabbergasted. I'm just imagining that this happened in a trailer court...sorry, just the picture I get! :) (trying to put a funny slant on this horrible thing). Anyway, it's horrible when you get so deeply by those that you are closest to. I've had that very thing happen to me extremely recently and it's so hard to get over the hurt. All that I can suggest is that you pray and ask God to give you the ability to forgive and to try and not re-live it. That's the hardest part for me. Re-living it. Anyway, I'll say a prayer for you and for the other parties...because they need to realize that what they did was wrong and thoughtless.

I wouldn't even worry about it, if something is broken, give the customers the 888 number and tell them to call..it's only customer service that WE do the adjustment for them, they are more than capable of calling HO as well...

If something is missing, do the adjustment and let it go from there...

c00p said:
Wow. I'm flabbergasted. I'm just imagining that this happened in a trailer court...sorry, just the picture I get! :) (trying to put a funny slant on this horrible thing). Anyway, it's horrible when you get so deeply by those that you are closest to. I've had that very thing happen to me extremely recently and it's so hard to get over the hurt. All that I can suggest is that you pray and ask God to give you the ability to forgive and to try and not re-live it. That's the hardest part for me. Re-living it. Anyway, I'll say a prayer for you and for the other parties...because they need to realize that what they did was wrong and thoughtless.
Hey now, what's wrong with living in a trailer??? JK!:D :p

wadesgirl said:

Uh OH:eek:

Actually they live in a very big house but apparently didn't inherit any manners when they got it.

Linda, I did tell dh and he was very hurt by it.BIL still has no clue that we are hurt. He called last night to see what we were doing. Needless to say, we didn't go out with him and jezabel.

wadesgirl said:

Yeah...I live in a trailer and I would NEVER do something like that!!! :)

My friend and I have an ongoing joke about who's bigger trailer trash...Me in my 14x60 or her in her double wide!! :)

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I would have had a hard time keeping my composure...I cry when I get really mad...

Last edited:
Sadness here that you had to go through that too. Family dynamics! Big hugs!Close the show, B&R (bless and release). Unless there is a particular customer you wouldn't mind dealing with again, I'd not call. Ever.Thank goodness you're married to the Good Twin, not the Bad Twin.Sending all good thoughts towards you and your DH, and the whole situation.

Sounds like you handled things in a much more mature manner than most. Congratulations on your composure. I can't imagine how uncomfortable family gatherings are going to be in the near future. The Furry Guy and I have a agreement. He handles things when his family acts stupid. I handle things when it's my family. (Except when he's there and my mom starts insulting me. He's my biggest champion.) My bit of advice is to let your DH take the lead in handling the situation.

You handled that with grace and dignity. Good for you. I would still bring it up with BIL and that sl*t. My Dh and I have an agreement, if I start acting like my crazy family, he'll kill mee and if he starts acting like his crazy family I'll kill him LOL... just kidding. We have had PLENTY of family drama in 25 years of marriage.....we're still together...LOL he says beacuse neither one of wants to be a single parent...LOL.

1. Why did you agree to do a party for your brother-in-law's new girlfriend's family?

I wanted to try to like her and be supportive of my brother-in-law's decision, even though it was difficult for me.

2. How did the show go?

Unfortunately, it was the worst show of my career. The family was incredibly rude and disrespectful towards me, and I was verbally attacked by the girlfriend's father.

3. Why were you upset about the comments made by the girlfriend's father?

He was completely rude and disrespectful towards my husband, whom he had never even met. It was uncalled for and completely unwarranted, and it made me feel sick to my stomach.

4. Did you receive any support or help from the family during the show?

No, unfortunately not. They were all very rude and uninterested in the show, and it was difficult for me to even finish it.

5. Will you do a show for this family again?

Absolutely not. I will not subject myself to that kind of treatment and disrespect again. I will also be sure to let them know that I do not appreciate them slamming my husband, whom they have never even met.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abell
  • chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bentleymommy
  • PampMomof3