• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Done a Show for Someone Famous or Semi-Famous?

In summary, the conversation was about the speaker's experience booking a party with a woman who turned out to be the wife of a member of the band Collective Soul. The speaker had no idea about their connection and was surprised to find out. They talked about other famous people they have met or worked with, including a show on the set of a TV show and at a festival with Ty and Frank from Trading Spaces and Elvis Presley's cousin Edde Hand. The speaker also mentioned doing a show for the family of a college football coach and the challenges of working with wealthy and rude clients.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I had a show tonight with a gal who has been to several of my shows. We were talking as I was setting up and I was trying to recruit her. We were talking about tax write-offs and she mentioned that they had a lot of home-based business type write offs because of her husband. I asked her what her husband did and she said he was a musician - well, I didn't think too much of it, thought maybe he was in a local band or something. They did have a very nice house in a nice neighborhood - I've done shows in that neighborhood before and I like it :) Anyhow, I was talking with another guest and asked her how she knew the host and she said her husband was a musician with her husband. Still, I didn't ask what kind of musicians - they were so non-challant about it that I just thought it was a local band. Finally, I heard them talking music again so I asked what her husband played and she said bass - so I said oh, what's the name of their band - are they local? Turns out, the band is Collective Soul. Cool, huh? I booked a party with the mom, mother-in-law, and 2 other people there. I need to brush-up on my "Collective Soul" music! I'm not gonna be so naive next show.

Woohoo, how awesome is that! You lucky lady! I just saw them at our all day MusicFest in June here in Belleville,Ontario Canada along with ZZ Top, Danny Fernandez, Carl Wolf, and Finger Eleven. They were the favorites by far!

That's awesome!

I used to LOVE collective soul! :) Cool beans Linda! :)

I actually did a show on the set of a TV program being filmed in Los Angeles.

That's cool. They are actually coming up here in concert next month for our state fair :)

How fun is that, Linda?

I love that they were so low-key about it, and that you had no idea!

Still love Collective Soul! They had an awesome song on the Twilight Soundtrack.... I'm so jealous! You are so lucky! Yay, for you!

My Hubby and I are big Collective Soul Fans, You are lucky!

Oh that is awesome! Who knows, maybe you'll meet a couple of them during 1 of the shows booked! Go Linda! Nice crowd to connect with! :)

I bet they really appreciated the fact that you didn't know, and that you didn't treat them like they were anything other than normal people.
That is a neat connection to have.

RMDave said:

Dave, you lead such a fancy California life!

Wow! How cool is that?!

RMDave said:

fun! what show?

I have several shows for the past college football team coach Phil Fulmer's family.. I have met his mother, aunts and several cousins.. I am a huge TN football fan so this was huge for me..

several years ago I done a show at a festival and just before I went on stage to do my demo the stage to my left started their show and it was Trading Spaces with Ty and Frank.. then they watched my demo afterwards.. and Elvis Presley's cousin Edde Hand stayed and watched my demo too..

What were the show sales from theese shows? That seems like a fantastic circle to get in. Kudos to both of you.

Wow, were your sales great? My only fame was doing an assistant coach's wife for the University of Iowa. All the women were rich, rude and didn't even know I was there!

cookn' katie said:
Wow, were your sales great? My only fame was doing an assistant coach's wife for the University of Iowa. All the women were rich, rude and didn't even know I was there!

geez.... did they at least spend alot?

crissy11 said:
several years ago I done a show at a festival and just before I went on stage to do my demo the stage to my left started their show and it was Trading Spaces with Ty and Frank.. then they watched my demo afterwards.. and Elvis Presley's cousin Edde Hand stayed and watched my demo too..

There's NO way I'd be able to do a demo in front of Ty and Frank...uh uh, no how! I'd be a nervous wreck lol

kcjodih said:
There's NO way I'd be able to do a demo in front of Ty and Frank...uh uh, no how! I'd be a nervous wreck lol

I haven't done a show with famous (or almost famous) people, yet, but I have talked on the phone with a couple in a previous job. One thing I've learned is they are just people. Some may be incredibly sweet and considerate, some may be pretty far on the wierd side, and, yes, some may be rude. Nonetheless, they are human, not gods, and you should treat them with the same respect and kindness you do everyone else (well, except for Dave, who has his trademark grumpiness going for him! ;)).

That said, I might be doing a show for a local radio personality in September. I volunteer at this station quite often, and she is a FB friend, so it's not as "wow, that's so cool" as it sounds, but, if I can talk her into making it a fundraiser for the station, it could be huge for me!

punkie1019 said:
What were the show sales from theese shows? That seems like a fantastic circle to get in. Kudos to both of you.

Sales are not super high - but I got 4 bookings! (maybe 5) one is with another band member's wife and one is with a band member's mom and sister - so I'm gonna have the opportunity to be in this circle for a little while at least. what's nice is that some of these ladies have been ordering from me for years and I had no clue of who they were. I'm waiting on a couple of people to call me back with their order so I don't know how high the sales wil be - but I'm thrilled with the bookings. I think a couple of the people who came were there because of who she was and I'm surprised that they didn't order (their kids all play soccer together) I'd have thought that they'd at least order something. It was fun and I think they liiked me because I had no clue who they were so I wasn't schmoozing them and when I finally realized I still treated them as my friends.

pampchefsarah said:
(well, except for Dave, who has his trademark grumpiness going for him! ;)).

Yes, they DO love my trademark grumpiness. :)

Ok. I have to admit- I had to look up the band. Never heard of them....but I don't listen to mainstream radio (hardly ANY radio anymore), and my kids aren't old enough to be "in to" that sort of thing. :)My closest "semi-famous" is our neighbor. He's on TLC's show "Home Made Simple". He's their version of Ty. (the carpenter "maven"). NICE family....when they are in town and not out shooting the show, we're always chatting - over the fence. (Kind of like Wilson and Tim from Home Improvement :D).

pamperedlinda said:
I had a show tonight with a gal who has been to several of my shows. We were talking as I was setting up and I was trying to recruit her. We were talking about tax write-offs and she mentioned that they had a lot of home-based business type write offs because of her husband. I asked her what her husband did and she said he was a musician - well, I didn't think too much of it, thought maybe he was in a local band or something. They did have a very nice house in a nice neighborhood - I've done shows in that neighborhood before and I like it :) Anyhow, I was talking with another guest and asked her how she knew the host and she said her husband was a musician with her husband. Still, I didn't ask what kind of musicians - they were so non-challant about it that I just thought it was a local band. Finally, I heard them talking music again so I asked what her husband played and she said bass - so I said oh, what's the name of their band - are they local? Turns out, the band is Collective Soul. Cool, huh? I booked a party with the mom, mother-in-law, and 2 other people there. I need to brush-up on my "Collective Soul" music! I'm not gonna be so naive next show.

OHMIGOSH! :eek:I am so jealous right now! That is my favorite band! It's probably better you did the show than me cuz I would've been a blubbering idiot!!!!

What famous or semi-famous people have you done a show for?

At Pampered Chef, we have had the opportunity to work with a variety of well-known individuals. Some of the most notable names include celebrity chefs, athletes, musicians, and television personalities.

How did these celebrities hear about Pampered Chef?

Many of our celebrity clients have been referred to us by satisfied customers or through word of mouth. Others have found us through our social media presence or by attending one of our events.

Do you offer any special services for celebrity clients?

While all of our clients receive top-notch service, we understand that celebrities may have unique needs or requests. We are happy to accommodate any special requests and provide personalized services to ensure a successful show.

What are some of the most popular products among your celebrity clients?

Our celebrity clients, like all of our customers, have different tastes and preferences. However, some of the most popular Pampered Chef products among celebrities include our high-quality cookware, kitchen tools, and versatile food storage solutions.

Are there any notable moments or experiences from shows with celebrities?

We have had many memorable experiences with our celebrity clients, from cooking alongside famous chefs to watching athletes use our products to prepare healthy meals. One particularly exciting moment was when a famous musician used our kitchen tools to create a new recipe on live television.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcheftammy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • eks1978
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • SherryLynn