• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

$300 Plus in Sales...break Into 2 Shows?

I should call HO and ask...In summary, the speaker had a successful open house with other DS (Avon & Discovery Toys) representatives. They made around $325 in sales from the show and outside orders. The speaker's day job is becoming busier, so they are considering splitting the sales into two shows in order to qualify for the $39 spring item. There were concerns about submitting two shows with the same host, but it was decided to put them under different names. Other participants also shared their plans to split their sales and stay active by submitting at least $200 every other month.
lisacb77
I had a fairly successful open house w/some other DS (Avon & Discovery Toys) reps today. With the sales from the show and some outside orders I've been collecting for the bottle set, I'm around at least $325 in sales.

This is my only planned activity for the month as I'm getting busier at my day job. And since I have no catty shows this month, no more shows for me until Jan.

So obviously I am thinking about breaking it into 2 shows. As much as I'd love another 1/2 price item now, I really want that $39 spring item, esp b/c I did not make sellathon anything.

Am curious to y'all's thoughts on whether to submit both or just one as a cooking and the other as catty. I almost have it broken out perfectly from the orders I got today & the outside ones. If I left both as cooking (I did cook 2 recipes for it lol) would HO notice 2 cooking shows with me as host and think it was weird? Do I need to put one in a friend's name?

I just want something from the spring deal so bad...if I had the time to make a push I'd make calls to try and get a catty show this mo but my job has me working 50 hr plus weeks and it will increase each week until mid Jan....I know a lot of y'all are great at this figuring so I thought there'd be some thoughts.

Thanks!

I would put it in as 2 shows so you can get the spring product. I don't think HO would say anything about you being the host twice. My Arbonne person has two dates for her open house, so maybe you did the same thing for all they know! Maybe put in two different dates? But really, it shouldn't matter b/c you could have done a day open house & an evening open house in the same day.

Lisa,

I'm doing just that as well - I had over $400 in sales for a Parent Boutique at a school and I'm splitting into two shows - one at a little over 150 and the rest on the other - that way I'll still get a little in free product. I didn't make the sell-a-thon last month either and would like to get one free product from the spring line. Also, this is it for me for the month as well. I ended up putting them in my sister and mom's names so their discounts can continue through next year (but I'm sending them to my house)

Gina Miller

I would definitely split it up since it was your show to control. Get the free spring product!
Joanne

I was just about to enter a last minute catty show for November, but it wouldn't get me to $1250 for the sellathon. I figured I'd change to Dec and at least get a chance at the 2 shows. I think you should split, but know that you could be in trouble active-wise if your Jan show falls through!!

Thanks Gill. I have 3 cooking shows and 2 cattys so far for Jan and I'm going to try and make some blitz calls maybe next week to get some more on the books.

It's $200 in a 2 month period right? So I have $300 plus this month and have had $1000 plus my first 4 mos, so that would cover Jan right? It would be if Feb fell through that I'd be in trouble?? Just making sure.

if you have the 300 in Dec and you dont submit anything in Jan then you will get am email from HO stating you need to get 200 in sales before the end of Feb or you will go inactive

Sorry! I didn't mean to confuse you... my brain isn't working right lately!! $200 in one month every other month to stay active...

I don't thinkthe 200 has to be in one month, I think you could submit $100 every month and be fine. Thats the impression I have always had.

Defintely split it! I am hoping to be able to do that myself, but right now I might be lucky to get enough to wualify for one show. I have nothing on the books and I am so busy with Christmas and all myself I do not have the time to push it right now. I sent out 100 emails last week telling people I sat up a show on my website for Christmas Shopping and no one has responded!

I would split them! And, yes, Abey, $100 a month would keep you active.

Thank you for the great idea!

Are you sure? I submitted a $160 show one month and I got the e-mail reminding me that I needed $200 the next month to stay active. Did I miss something??

All you would have had to submit the next month was $40 to stay active, it says $200 in a 2 month period. They send out one type email but don't say exactly what you had submitted, just as long as it's under $200 you would have gotten the email.

Oh! Thanks, I always thought that it had to be one MONTH of $200 in sales in a 2 month period.

Okay, thanks all for clarifying! I should be able to make ONE of those Jan things work...my neighbor is pretty reliable. So no worries there.

But my other question...would it be weird to submit 2 cooking shows in a few day period w/me as consultant? I thought I'd date one Sat and one Sun.

I don't think it's weird at all, especially for this month with so many people doing open houses.

okay i just don't want to send up any weird flags! I figure they'll think i had two OHs or something.

I think you can have as many OH's as you choose. I plan to have a gathering every couple of months.

Well just to be sure I went ahead and submitted one tonight (the one with all the decorator bottles!) and I'll do the other tonight. Dated one Sunday & one Monday. LOL.

I doubt anyone would even notice!

I always have an open catalog show for the miscellaneous orders that come in. They have never said anything about it.

Probably not but who knows since Anne got caught by the web police!! :D

Tell me about it!

You're RIGHT
PChefAbey said:
I don't thinkthe 200 has to be in one month, I think you could submit $100 every month and be fine. Thats the impression I have always had.

I thought in the beginning it was only $ 150.00/month, but it's $ 200.00 back to back months, so you could have $ 20.00 one month and $180.00+ the next month and still be alright.

I'm building a team now and must learn how to get better sales, my new goal is $ 1250.00 or +/month and I've only done that once :( I"m close now as I"m about 1/2 way there and it's not even the mid of the month yet. I have a hard time selling when it's the Holiday season too :( I usually do very well once the new prods come out, but not always then either.

I do the best the times I don't even try :(

Also: I have a very demanding / stressful reg. job and have to stay with that posn for at least the next 2.5 yrs.

I usually do my shows on Sat's and occassionally a Fri nite show :)

THANKS;

LIZ

2 orders...
lisacb77 said:
Well just to be sure I went ahead and submitted one tonight (the one with all the decorator bottles!) and I'll do the other tonight. Dated one Sunday & one Monday. LOL.

If anyone says anything you can say the Hostess received more orders after she already turned everything in! After all it's our business :)

LIz

Did she/you really??
lisacb77 said:
Probably not but who knows since Anne got caught by the web police!! :D

Get caught by the PC police???

If so, what did you do wrong?

Liz

Well all is on it's way so thanks everyone!

Liz, I know what you mean. I have a day job that is VERY demanding this time of year. And I need to keep it for a few years myself. I do need to carve out some time maybe Sunday and Monday night to work on my biz though. I know if I do my CCC and get caught up on the last 4-6 wks worth of shows I can finish filling Jan & Feb! Right now I just do Sat & Sun shows but that may change if DH gets a new position at his job and his schedule changes back to nights.

Remember to put the shows in someone else's name so you'll get the commission.

lizcooks4u said:
Get caught by the PC police???

If so, what did you do wrong?

Liz
Can you believe it?!

Bee, I still got the commission, just not on the host order. Which, I only ordered about $1 or $2 over the FPV so I'm not worried about missing out on that!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies