• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You'll Probably Notice What I'm Referring

or legal department, if any, the consultant has, but I thought you’d want to be made aware of it.Thank you for your time.Sincerely,[Your name]
Re: Foul!It's obviously their version, and uh...slightly illegal? Not to mention the policy- but a copyright issue. The hat is different.

Re: Foul!I thought this was another thread about tin chickens.

Re: Foul!The writing is different too. But they definitely tried to follow the same format, huh?

Re: Foul!the link didn't work for me....i am assuming it is someone trying to rip pampered chef off....

Re: Foul!It's a vinyl lettering company advertising that they can do company logos & they have a car with a re-vamped PC Logo on the back window. The consultant violated the policy guide by paying them to do it & the company is violating copyright laws by doing the logo & by using the fact that they can make the logo in their advertising.

Re: Foul!It is always amazing to me when people use the logo in such ways that is obviously illegal -- though they may not know it -- it is up to directors, team leaders, anytime we recruit to add this info to our trainings. I rode a bus to conference where a group of ladies had a Tshirt made but used the whole PC logo -- a no no!! They said their director had them made for them. Ugh.

Re: Foul!If the Director did them herself at home, she's good. If she paid someone else, she was in violation of the policy.

Re: Foul!
Sheila said:
If the Director did them herself at home, she's good. If she paid someone else, she was in violation of the policy.

If she were to use the official logo, at home, she would be OK. What's in that picture, isn't even the official logo. It's something similar, and it doesn't even include the ® logo. Also, she is using the tag line, which we are not allowed to do.

The company is treading on thin ice. I think a lot of people get into a business like this, not realizing the full responsibility they have when it comes to licensing and such. I spoke to a guy once that had a bounce house business. He made his own bounce houses, and said he had gotten a call from Disney because he'd made one with Mickey Mouse on it. This company has taken registered trademark information, and duplicated it, not even up to the standard of the original, without having the proper permissions to do so.

Re: Foul!Wow. I looked at it some more, and I'm quite taken aback.Apparently, this is a direct sales company, and this newsletter is from their corporate offices. You would think that someone in their legal department would have caught something like that!

Re: Foul!I parked beside someone at the zoo the other day that had one identical to the one we can get from Merrill but it was much bigger. Were there two sizes at one time? I would really like it if mine were bigger - at least the logo if not my actual info.

Re: Foul!I must be in a mischievous mood as I e-mailed the person selling the SBs with the $10 value to see why a $1 cookbook is worth $10. Then I e-mailed HO and asked about info about the new company we can get advertising from as I need a new window logo. I included the link.

Re: Foul!Stir that pot John. LOL

Re: Foul!I ain't just stirring it! I am beating the snot out of it!

Re: Foul!way to go john!! i just can't believe the gall of some people!!

pampered1224 said:
I ain't just stirring it! I am beating the snot out of it!

Just one of the many reasons we love you. :love:

Re: Foul!John, I e-mailed the craigslist person too!! She replied that the lot is priced failry as she's selling it for $7. If you read it carefully, it does state that though I though she was trying to sell everything for $85 based on the wording of her headline. I did tell her that anyone who is at all familliar with PC knows that five of those cookbooks sold and to this day still only sell for $1

Re: Foul!Well, I emailed Simply Said:
Hello,I came across what appears to be one of our consultants’ websites, and a newsletter that was produced:https://www.mysimplysaiddesigns.com/IMAGES/vo_images/SiteDocuments/CommercialBiz.pdfI wanted to take a moment and express my concern over the trademark infringement that is apparent in the image of the car window on the first page. The Pampered Chef® is a registered trademark, and our logo is as well. Not only is the image on the window not the official logo, but The Pampered Chef doesn’t license its logo for use like this.I’m not with Home Office, but I just wanted to bring this to your attention. I’m not sure what kind of education you provide your consultants, but I hope you would teach them it is extremely important to adhere to laws about trademarks and copyrights.
And I got a response:
Good evening Noora,

Thank you for writing us and expressing your concern regarding the use of the Pampered Chef® logo.
Please know we have addressed your concern.
We appreciate your diligence in maintaining the authenticity of the Pampered Chef® logo, its uses and restrictions.
The email was signed by someone listing a title of Director of Marketing.

Re: Foul!NooraK, good job! Sometimes it is better to just go right to the source before we get our panties in a wad :blushing:!

Re: Foul!Yeah, well the last time I checked (a second ago) the newsletter/catalog is still up on their website as-is.

Re: Foul!Go figure! LOL

pampered1224 said:
I ain't just stirring it! I am beating the snot out of it!

ahahahahah!

Re: Foul!I must be missing something....??

Brenda.the.chef said:
I must be missing something....??

Nope, they actually took it out! Where the "Mad Mary's" vehicle is, there was a van with a re-created Pampered Chef Logo.

Re: Foul!We did it!!! Yeee haaa!

Re: Foul!Am I missing where you guys got it removed? I did a search for Simple Said and clicked through their site to their commercial catalog and its still there....

thehaleykitchen said:
Am I missing where you guys got it removed? I did a search for Simple Said and clicked through their site to their commercial catalog and its still there....

Had you looked at it before? I looked at both Sheila's link, and through their corporate site, and it has been changed. Maybe if you clear your temp files?

Re: Foul!How about that! I looked when Shiela first posted, and now again. Way to go.

Re: Foul!I just clicked this and I don't see it so they must have fixed it.

I was thinking of getting something from Vista Print to go with the PC logo. Not sure if I should do it though.

Re: Foul!I've heard/seen of folks getting the Logo portion from Merrill, but having their own phone number/website/name printed up with another vendor locally (if cheaper) so they could get more info and larger sizes. I was behind Michael Reeves van one day- and that's what it looked like he did. He had his own tagline of sorts - something about 20 minute meals, etc (I have a photo on my phone for future reference)...and then his website, contact details, etc. You couldn't miss it.So you could do THAT....and still be legal.

esavvymom said:
I've heard/seen of folks getting the Logo portion from Merrill, but having their own phone number/website/name printed up with another vendor locally (if cheaper) so they could get more info and larger sizes. I was behind Michael Reeves van one day- and that's what it looked like he did. He had his own tagline of sorts - something about 20 minute meals, etc (I have a photo on my phone for future reference)...and then his website, contact details, etc. You couldn't miss it.

So you could do THAT....and still be legal.

That's what I did. I got the logo from Merrill and had my website and phone number done separately. I've been considering adding something like what you mentioned, would you mind looking up the picture and sharing what it said?

esavvymom said:
I've heard/seen of folks getting the Logo portion from Merrill...

Where do I find this on the Merrill website? I've looked but don't see anything like this.

winklermom said:
Where do I find this on the Merrill website? I've looked but don't see anything like this.

Under "Signage". Then scroll down to "Window Decal" (not "Personalized Window Decal"). That one is just the logo ("The Pampered Chef").

Re: Foul!I wonder about the wisdom of a window decal because I don't have an SUV and would hate to put it on a side window. Truthfully, I would prefer to have a car magnet. Wonder if I can get one of those?

Re: Foul!Do not bother with the magnets. 1) the paint will fade around it and then if you want to trade in your car, that is a mark down because the paint will need to be redone, 2) they actually may not stay around long enough to to have that problem. Over the years, I have lost three while driving and finally just gave up.

Re: Foul!I drive a Prius and the decals fit on my side windows just fine. In fact, I was worried that they might not show up that well because my car is white (the only thing I hate about that car). I solved that problem by using those window clings the the inside of the windows that you can buy instead of a sun shiled for kids in the back seat. My decals look great!

BTW, just don't use an ice scraper on the window where the decals are....

Re: Foul!Oh I had little cancer awareness ribbons on my old car. I would move them around when washing it and never lost one ... until the car was junked and if I removed the magnets I dont' know where I put 'em!

1. What is "You'll Probably Notice What I'm Referring to" on Page 1?

"You'll Probably Notice What I'm Referring to" is a phrase used in the Pampered Chef commercial business program documents, specifically on Page 1. It is referring to the important information and guidelines outlined on that page for those interested in joining the Pampered Chef business.

2. Why is Page 1 important in the Pampered Chef commercial business program?

Page 1 is important because it outlines the key information and guidelines for those interested in becoming a part of the Pampered Chef business. This includes details on compensation, requirements, and expectations for consultants.

3. What does the phrase "You'll Probably Notice What I'm Referring to" mean?

The phrase "You'll Probably Notice What I'm Referring to" is simply a way to draw attention to the important information on Page 1 of the Pampered Chef commercial business program documents. It is a call to action for readers to pay attention and take note of the information provided.

4. Is Page 1 the same for all Pampered Chef commercial business program documents?

No, Page 1 may vary slightly depending on the specific document within the Pampered Chef commercial business program. However, the overall purpose of providing important information and guidelines remains the same.

5. Can I skip Page 1 and just read the rest of the Pampered Chef commercial business program documents?

No, it is important to read and understand Page 1 before proceeding to the rest of the documents. This page contains crucial information and guidelines that will help you make an informed decision about joining the Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nikked